Sledding Winter 19

Fozzy

Just gotta say the XRS rides so nicely its ridiculous...……………….

I hit a 3-4 foot hole in the trail south of Sprucedale…………..( I may or may not have been going over 50km) but it ate that bump so well. I thought I was a goner. My son said he saw my headlight and taillight at the same time.

Best sled I have ever ridden.

Edited by Usedtoskidoo

31 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Just gotta say the XRS rides so nicely its ridiculous...……………….

I hit a 3-4 foot hole in the trail south of Sprucedale…………..( I may or may not have been going over 50km) but it ate that bump so well. I thought I was a goner. My son said he saw my headlight and taillight at the same time.

Best sled I have ever ridden.

I've been itching to try an R-Motion Ski Doo.  

16 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

It's heavenly compared to my 17 assault

I keep hearing that comparison with most sleds. My problem is, once I try one I likely won't want to look at mine again, and with the amount of riding I do, I'd have a hard time justifying upgrading. :smack:

1 hour ago, irv said:

I keep hearing that comparison with most sleds. My problem is, once I try one I likely won't want to look at mine again, and with the amount of riding I do, I'd have a hard time justifying upgrading. :smack:

My SBA was quite stiff even set at virtually full soft.  The 900t is a very nice trail sled.  Good power and very comfortable.  It is not as fun of a sled as the assault was but I guess there is compromise

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

My SBA was quite stiff even set at virtually full soft.  The 900t is a very nice trail sled.  Good power and very comfortable.  It is not as fun of a sled as the assault was but I guess there is compromise

I assume the SBA was a purpose built sled and your new 900 T is mainly an on trail sled? I strictly ride on trail so going after the best riding sled is the most important to me at this point in my life. How is the power/handling of yours? I keep hearing Doo front ends are twitchy, any truth to that, and if so, just how bad is it? 

24 minutes ago, irv said:

I assume the SBA was a purpose built sled and your new 900 T is mainly an on trail sled? I strictly ride on trail so going after the best riding sled is the most important to me at this point in my life. How is the power/handling of yours? I keep hearing Doo front ends are twitchy, any truth to that, and if so, just how bad is it? 

SBA is suppose to be a crossover sled.  It was a fun sled and worked well but was stiff trail riding.  I don't find the front end twitchy on the 900 at all.  You get the odd dart but nothing more than I've had on any other sled.  The 900T is definitely an on trail sled.  Can't say I've taken it into deep snow yet but I'm sure that'll eventually happen.  Power is really good.  In sport mode it pulls hard and is quite quick.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

SBA is suppose to be a crossover sled.  It was a fun sled and worked well but was stiff trail riding.  I don't find the front end twitchy on the 900 at all.  You get the odd dart but nothing more than I've had on any other sled.  The 900T is definitely an on trail sled.  Can't say I've taken it into deep snow yet but I'm sure that'll eventually happen.  Power is really good.  In sport mode it pulls hard and is quite quick.

What is the track length on the 900T.  I wanted shorter than my 137 cat, reason I went with the Indy 129.

This year myself and three other buds we bought NY State passes for a change instead of Quebec passes. Tug Hill is less than an hour and half from us. Heading there for the first time on Thursday and Friday. We heard all the horror stories of the traffic and trails being beaten to hell but hope riding during the week might be different.

Has anyone ridden there and can give some insight?