Drama at Eagle River Last Night

What was the guy thinking?!?! A friend of mine at work has a younger brother, (Colt Dellandrea) who races. He has been to Eagle River numerous times as well as all the other tracks I suppose. He had a similar situation last year where something happened that cost him a win. The other guy was in tears and apologetic as all get out my friend told me.

His Nephew (Ty Dellandrea) was drafted 13th overall by Dallas last year in the NHL entry draft and can be seen in the very last picture on the bottom left of this link. 

https://www.instagram.com/coltdellandrea53/?hl=en

In the first heat Ontario racer Colt Dellandrea – the driver of the only Arctic Cat in the field – pulled off the night’s first surprise by holding off 2015 champion Cardell Potter and 2012 champ Nick Van Strydonk to take the victory. Dellandrea has had fast moments and solid individual races in the past, but he looked scary fast in this heat. Potter finished second, Van Strydonk third and Gunnar Sterne finished fourth, while Mike Hakey claimed the final advancing spot front this heat and the nights of Joey Fjerstad, Cody Knutson and Ryan Murkowski ended.

https://snowgoer.com/latest-news/shocking-upset-earns-young-racer-front-row-starting-spot-in-world-championship-final/24371/

Edited by irv

I was watching some of the heats last night and Polaris racer and heavy favorite Nick Van Strydonk from Tomahawk, WI  was just flying, I believe one of the commentators said he hit 107 mph. I know these are open 440's but man that's moving for a 440.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Around 1:00 in on a restart, that Lagoy douche took a retarded line into turn 1. It may be the first time racers have come to blows at Eagle River during a race. :lmao:

That was fucking stupid....wow.

9 minutes ago, Roosting said:

That's my buddy on the 51. Lagoy pulled a similar move last year and got booted.

Does it again this year. Some guys get vapor lock out there and loose thier minds.

He is just lucky that move never got anyone hurt. 

Oh if hes known to do stuupid shit like that he FOR SURE should have been lit up in the pits afterwards. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

2 more inches of carbide and it would have been a brilliant move. 

BS, that clown could have had 20" of carbide and no way he was making that turn. Not to mention, he also clipped a marker.

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

BS, that clown could have had 20" of carbide and no way he was making that turn. Not to mention, he also clipped a marker.

Definitely an idiot move! 

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

If that guys last name was Earnhardt there would be some dudes here ready to have his baby and call it a brilliant move!!!!

Dale would've put the two guys in the fence and made it out of the corner without wrecking himself too though...

• Like 1