Aussie SS.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Fun car, there is a guy that brings his to the local drag strip, has some minor things done to it, runs good, always throwing people in it and making passes.. usually women..lol

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Chevy shitbox that smells like taint sweat! How could you turn that down?? :lol:

Coming from a bmw the switch gear and interior is totally inferior in comparison. I think I can get past that. It’s far from a shitbox. This is a pretty big car. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Chevy SS is a pretty cool car. 6.2liter LS. Pretty darn sporty. 

Did you take it for a test drive?  What kind of money are they asking for it?  

I did drive it. I’d get it wholesale. Didn’t get exact figures, somewhere around 22-23k. Maybe a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I did drive it. I’d get it wholesale. Didn’t get exact figures, somewhere around 22-23k. Maybe a bit more. 

And obviously its not an XDrive but overall what did you think of the power and handling. You mentioned the interior was subpar but what about the performance. 

$23k doesnt seem to bad at all. 

The roads are cold but dry here. The handling and power were fine. The shifter feels very good. It felt very close to a 135i in stock form. Perhaps a little less power in the SS. I wouldn’t call the interior subpar, more average. I’m spoiled with bmw’s ergos and muted switch feel and touch surfaces. It feels very light on the road. The balance isn’t there like the bmw. What I really like is the interior room in combination with sportiness. It’s a great car for traveling to see my family and being able to load everyone in the car while still having some muscle for summer road trips. Playing with motor mods would really wake it up. 

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The roads are cold but dry here. The handling and power were fine. The shifter feels very good. It felt very close to a 135i in stock form. Perhaps a little less power in the SS. I wouldn’t call the interior subpar, more average. I’m spoiled with bmw’s ergos and muted switch feel and touch surfaces. It feels very light on the road. The balance isn’t there like the bmw. What I really like is the interior room in combination with sportiness. It’s a great car for traveling to see my family and being able to load everyone in the car while still having some muscle for summer road trips. Playing with motor mods would really wake it up. 

Thanks for the solid review. You really nailed it on the “muted switch feel” of the German autos. The touch and feel of those cars has always been on another level. 

If the price is right it sounds like it might be a good car for you. At least for a little while. 

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m in between bmws, have some cash burning a hole,  and thinking of something different. Found a black “16 Chevrolet SS that still smells like down under. 14,000 miles of rear wheel drive thunder. Lots of room for growth with the motor. I really like it. 

:lies:

9 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

More :lies:

did you say you got cash to burn  get X5 xDrive50i with 4.4L V8 has over 400 HP , IMO phytonic blue metallic or sunstone metallic color looks the best!! if you got over 800+ Credit score, you can get it for 1.95%!!  I like the 21" grey wheels option the best , get the off road package ( look it up on youtube to see how that works ) its simply amazing.  :bc: 

9 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

ok found it. here ya go. 

Just can’t wait to take my new 80k beemer thru the woods and bounce it off some trees and rocks!!!!! :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks for the solid review. You really nailed it on the “muted switch feel” of the German autos. The touch and feel of those cars has always been on another level. 

If the price is right it sounds like it might be a good car for you. At least for a little while. 

Meh.....not a big Bmw fan after owning an M5. Most problematic high maintenance  car I have ever owned. SMG trans was total junk and electrical issues up the wazoo. Maybe other models are better but after this experience ,I'll never own another beamer to find out.  

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Meh.....not a big Bmw fan after owning an M5. Most problematic high maintenance  car I have ever owned. SMG trans was total junk and electrical issues up the wazoo. Maybe other models are better but after this experience ,I'll never own another beamer to find out.  

I bought an m5 and sold it 6 weeks later. Overweight piece of shit. The older V10’s were amazing automobiles. Too bad everything from the rod bearings to VANOS will come unhinged. 

With that said, I’ve never had a problem with any bmw I’ve owned. In fact, they have all been the most dependable vehicles I’ve owned. My favorite is still the N54 135i. Loved that car. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I bought an m5 and sold it 6 weeks later. Overweight piece of shit. The older V10’s were amazing automobiles. Too bad everything from the rod bearings to VANOS will come unhinged. 

With that said, I’ve never had a problem with any bmw I’ve owned. In fact, they have all been the most dependable vehicles I’ve owned. My favorite is still the N54 135i. Loved that car. 

:lies: 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have a van. I don’t need an suv. I honestly can’t stand suvs. The only one I’d consider would be a larger Mercedes 

More :lies: