Story about the 850 Poo Snowcheck I passed on

jtssrx

A guy I know was desperate for one. When I was waffling he offered me my snowcheck money back so he could get it. He didn’t get it until 12/20. He’s road it twice and today with 224 miles the motor locked up. Feel bad for him but I dodged a bullet. 

Edited by jtssrx
  • Like 2

Polaris still can't build a dependable 800....been trying since , what....2000 sumthin'.....who would believe they could build an 850 with any better luck????  :stirthepot:

Edited by Mikeadoo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Anler said:

I thought the later build dates were supposed to be good. 

They are all fukking junk. The engine design didn,t change between build dates. I,m amazed Poolaris doesn,t get some kind of law suite which would prevent them from selling junk, to stupid people that keep thinking they know how to build reliable engines. It,s almost at a point where you cann,t feel sorry for all the dummies that keep buying junk, on a hope that Poolaris  might finally get it right. 4 year warranty doesn,t mean squat, when you cann,t trust how far into the bush one can go, and return, under the sleds own power. Now that we are getting some snow, more and more will have this same outcome. The only unknown is, how long will it go, before it blows. Kinda sad, in this day and age.

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

They are all fukking junk. The engine design didn,t change between build dates. I,m amazed Poolaris doesn,t get some kind of law suite which would prevent them from selling junk, to stupid people that keep thinking they know how to build reliable engines. It,s almost at a point where you cann,t feel sorry for all the dummies that keep buying junk, on a hope that Poolaris  might finally get it right. 4 year warranty doesn,t mean squat, when you cann,t trust how far into the bush one can go, and return, under the sleds own power. Now that we are getting some snow, more and more will have this same outcome. The only unknown is, how long will it go, before it blows. Kinda sad, in this day and age.

The engine design isnt the issue you fucking moron.

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Go back to bed you illiterate fucking retard. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The engine design isnt the issue you fucking moron.

Oh really, what is your great theory on why they are locking up and going boom ? Indy Dan, and a few other real mechanics disagree with you. You know, they guys that actually know how to disassemble an engine, and figure out what the real problems are, and know how to tighten up flywheel bolts, when properly putting it back together ? 

Edited by Frostynuts

Just now, awful knawful said:

But some of the design features are. 

PTO bearing issues

Mag bearing issues

Center bearing issues

Squeeking pistons

Are these all separate issues? Or is it an oiling/ fueling issue?

Oil lines coming off and oil passages clogged is what I’ve seen on the net. Seems to be the bulk of the problem.

45 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Oh really, what is your great theory on why they are locking up and going boom ? Indy Dan, and a few other real mechanics disagree with you. You know, they guys that actually know how to disassemble an engine, and figure out what the real problems are, and know how to tighten up flywheel bolts, when properly putting it back together ? 

38 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Get it right. Ski Doos are for faggots! Right from Ben's own pouting lips!:lol:

Can one of you mods confirm that these two are either the same faggot ass poster or that they are possibly laying in bed next to each other posting ?????

Fucking queers

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

600 miles and counting. My buddy has 2000 miles on his. Lots in kbec with 2k miles. No denying there is definitely an issue. Sure is fun eating every other sled out there till she goes POP!!!

Hahahaha! 400 miles in 2 days! I will have you beat by the end of today! :bigfinger:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's like -17* here right now so we are taking our time getting ready. 😐

Are you rubbing oil on Vince's bald head you homo?!😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks