Story about the 850 Poo Snowcheck I passed on

jtssrx

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

All two strokes will eventually pop.  It’s a tough design.  The question is, which pops first?  Cat still holds the longevity award...even after the zook.  Doo next and Poo last.  It’s just the way is.  Anybody rolling on a 2s out there with 5-6k miles is on borrowed time...unless they are Granny.  Now, a poo rider out there with 6k or so is probably the safest, he on his second mil and third top end.  :lol:

Fuck you @Rigid1  lol

Over 10,000 miles on my 95 XLT, and I have seen some with a lot more than that but they sure don't build them like they use to! Why did Polaris drop Fuji from building there engines? I assume contract time was up and they thought it'd be cheaper building their own?  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, irv said:

Over 10,000 miles on my 95 XLT, and I have seen some with a lot more than that but they sure don't build them like they use to! Why did Polaris drop Fuji from building there engines? I assume contract time was up and they thought it'd be cheaper building their own?  

Yeah...I should have indicated just post EPA ridiculousness. These newer sleds burn too hot.  I know plenty around here running Pre-epa retardation with 10k on them.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, Anler said:

I got word that they sold several thousand 850's and 80 of them burned down so I think its one of those things that bad news travels faster than good. Most guys are extremely happy with them. Other than some nuances with running too rich on break in I think its a good engine. :dunno:

I also know for a fact poo has knowen they had issues as early as mid November.  like 4 of 15 of a fleet sent out had the same crank issues . and from what I gather a few more from same fleet went down early Dec same issues 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I also know for a fact poo has knowen they had issues as early as mid November.  like 4 of 15 of a fleet sent out had the same crank issues . and from what I gather a few more from same fleet went down early Dec same issues 

Crank issues? I thought it was supposed to be some beefy crank with monster bearings? :dunno: 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, Ez ryder said:

just talked with another bud he got the same call today .extra yr warr and 550 in Polaris cash .

so assuming every one with a fucked poo is getting the call 

They are going to need that, and more. Since the dealers won,t be taking them back on trade ins next year, all the owners will be stuck with them,  so it,s a great idea to get that extra years warranty. Hopefully, they will add a 24/7 help line and trailside assistance. I,m mean, stuff like when they receive an I,m broken downcall, bring me a replacement sled, and come and pick up this POS. 500 in Polaris cash, that,s a great way to keep the Poolaris crowd, buying Polaris. How about some real American cash, instead, to be spent by the sled owner, as they see fit. Seems like they are afraid customers might make a deposit on another brand sled. LOL

Edited by Frostynuts

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

They are going to need that, and more. Since the dealers won,t be taking them back on trade ins next year, all the owners will be stuck with them,  so it,s a great idea to get that extra years warranty. Hopefully, they will add a 24/7 help line and trailside assistance. I,m mean, stuff like when they receive an I,m broken downcall, bring me a replacement sled, and come and pick up this POS. 500 in Polaris cash, that,s a great way to keep the Poolaris crowd, buying Polaris. How about some real American cash, instead, to be spent by the sled owner, as they see fit. Seems like they are afraid customers might make a deposit on another brand sled. LOL

Do you know the difference between a comma and an apostrophe?  :dunno: 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Do you know the difference between a comma and an apostrophe?  :dunno: 

Guy is a total fucking retard eh?

1000 miles on mine now. Held it wide open across a chain lakes today. 100+ for a few miles before I hit a drift and scared the shit out of myself. :lol:

23 hours ago, irv said:

Seen and rode with friends with 650 triple Polaris years ago with in excess of 10 thou miles on Northern  Tours engines never apart and they were not having issues,those Fuji engines for the most part were rocks.Joe

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Crank issues? I thought it was supposed to be some beefy crank with monster bearings? :dunno: 

moster bearings that tend to move I guess .

sounding like the replacement motors are holding together so far 

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

Guy is a total fucking retard eh?

1000 miles on mine now. Held it wide open across a chain lakes today. 100+ for a few miles before I hit a drift and scared the shit out of myself. :lol:

Nice.  Hitting a drift at that kind of speed is pretty scary.

And yes,  Frosty is a complete retard.  

40 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

amazing how quickly you can think through your options,  was ocming across a lake with CKF one afternoon and hit one real good and thought ok do i bail or try to save it and risk crashing with the sled in .2 seconds while flying through the air.  Landed it like a boss.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude is fucking brain dead........gotta be a dupe trolling......nobody is that dumb

"My 2012 Cat turbo has 137k miles on the original belt even though I'm running a 500hp stage 9 tune derp derp derp derp derp derp """""

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

amazing how quickly you can think through your options,  was ocming across a lake with CKF one afternoon and hit one real good and thought ok do i bail or try to save it and risk crashing with the sled in .2 seconds while flying through the air.  Landed it like a boss.  

Pretty much what happened. I had came across the same area in the morning, but it was foolish of me to think I was anywhere near the same track. 

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude is fucking brain dead........gotta be a dupe trolling......nobody is that dumb

"My 2012 Cat turbo has 137k miles on the original belt even though I'm running a 500hp stage 9 tune derp derp derp derp derp derp """""

Hes on every fucking site parroting the same fucking illiterate messages. Just go fucking snowmobiling and stfu you geriatric cunt. But yeah them 12-13 cats were bulletproof. :lol:

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I also heard most of the new 850 Doo's overheated in -40 temps a couple of weeks ago.  Keep drinking the Doolaid, they need it.:lol:

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Nope on my backroad st camp perfect icy frozen gravel road with a 1" of snow. I forgot the gps bit last time it was 2 mph off.  

Just messin with ya.  I know they are fast and Poo speedos are pretty accurate.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I fould the plugs on mine.:whiteflag:

So no real miles on it yet.  Enjoyed the cat the the other two poos with my son.  About 200 miles so far.

Oh boy. :lol:

mine fouled at 500 miles I think. I'll look and see what they look like. I'd imagine a reflash is coming. Could be next season or next motor. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

mine fouled at 500 miles I think. I'll look and see what they look like. I'd imagine a reflash is coming. Could be next season or next motor. :lol:

Common problem.:lol:

I'm happy and rather relieved.  Up again first weekend in Feb.  Conditions are great and will only get better.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I fould the plugs on mine.:whiteflag:

So no real miles on it yet.  Enjoyed the cat the the other two poos with my son.  About 200 miles so far.

9 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Only way to foul plugs is to ride like a faggot! :bigfinger:

• Haha 1