Story about the 850 Poo Snowcheck I passed on

jtssrx

That being said I still think the etec is the best 2 stroke on the market right now. The cat 800 ctec is only on its second year but seems to be pretty good too. But for running quality, smoothness, fuel consumption, oil consumption and durability I think poo and cat still have some catching up to do. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The stories are slowly starting to leak into the mainstream though.  There are certainly issues.  But, I just shrug.  Poo 800 series-normal.  Poolaiders defending and denying it is as funny as Cat guys denying the belt and clutching issues.  "NO!!  It's only some models!!!"  :lol: 

Sledders are so weird.

The loyalty to a sled mfg is as corrupt as political ideology.  :lol:  

Fuck I'll ride anything that's good and why I own some of every brand.  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The stories are slowly starting to leak into the mainstream though.  There are certainly issues.  But, I just shrug.  Poo 800 series-normal.  Poolaiders defending and denying it is as funny as Cat guys denying the belt and clutching issues.  "NO!!  It's only some models!!!"  :lol: 

Sledders are so weird.

Hey I ride with cat guys. There is always time spent "working on the cat" when riding. :lol: 

Just now, Anler said:

Hey I ride with cat guys. There is always time spent "working on the cat" when riding. :lol: 

The same stories come from Cat guys.  I've towed more Poo than anything.  I've never pulled a Doo though...but almost had to have mine pulled.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

That being said I still think the etec is the best 2 stroke on the market right now. The cat 800 ctec is only on its second year but seems to be pretty good too. But for running quality, smoothness, fuel consumption, oil consumption and durability I think poo and cat still have some catching up to do. 

I agree.

It’s easy owning an etec. Starts easy, low consumption, runs great all the time. Might not be the “fastest sled” but idgaf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The same stories come from Cat guys.  I've towed more Poo than anything.  I've never pulled a Doo though...but almost had to have mine pulled.

Etecs are good engines, i dont care what anybody says. I only have about 1300 miles on this poo so I cant testify to its long term reliability I just like the sled. If it blows up on me believe me I will curse poo for decades!!!!111 :lol:

Edited by Anler

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I agree.

It’s easy owning an etec. Starts easy, low consumption, runs great all the time. Might not be the “fastest sled” but idgaf.

I’ve said it a bunch of times over many years.  If you want to own the best performing, most reliable brand out of the box, it’s a Doo.  

Poo guys and Cat guys pointing and laughing at each other is absolutely hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Etecs are good engines, i dont care what anybody says. I only have about 1300 miles on this poo so I can testify to its long term reliability I just like the sled. If it blows up on me believe me I will curse poo for decades!!!!111 :lol:

All two strokes will eventually pop.  It’s a tough design.  The question is, which pops first?  Cat still holds the longevity award...even after the zook.  Doo next and Poo last.  It’s just the way is.  Anybody rolling on a 2s out there with 5-6k miles is on borrowed time...unless they are Granny.  Now, a poo rider out there with 6k or so is probably the safest, he on his second mil and third top end.  :lol:

Fuck you @Rigid1  lol

Just now, Zambroski said:

All two strokes will eventually pop.  It’s a tough design.  The question is, which pops first?  Cat still holds the longevity award...even after the zook.  Doo next and Poo last.  It’s just the way is.  Anybody rolling on a 2s out there with 5-6k miles is on borrowed time...unless they are Granny.  Now, a poo rider out there with 6k or so is probably the safest, he on his second mil and third top end.  :lol:

Fuck you @Rigid1  lol

My buddy has 7800mi on his 14 poo 800, never been opened, Im at 1800 on mine.. But we both run the best of the bestest for oil.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My buddy has 7800mi on his 14 poo 800, never been opened, Im at 1800 on mine.. But we both run the best of the bestest for oil.

You mean you run Walmart brand lawnmower oil?  You’ll get 20k miles out of that without so much as a skid mark!!!!!

I read that on HCS so, Ita true.

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Are you running that $60 a gallon poo oil? :flush:

Just now, Zambroski said:

You mean you run Walmart brand lawnmower oil?  You’ll get 20k miles out of that without so much as a skid mark!!!!!

I read that on HCS so, Ita true.

Thats a big old NO FUCKING WAY!!!:lol:

Just now, Anler said:

Are you running that $60 a gallon poo oil? :flush:

No, I run Opti..

https://opti2-4.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=9

Opti Injector.pdf

It's $70 a gallon retail, but I dont pay that. If your interested I can get you a price quote.. Shit is the bomb digity..I have everything from a quart to 55gal drums.

Edited by Rigid1

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No, I run Opti..

https://opti2-4.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=9

Opti Injector.pdf

It's $70 a gallon retail, but I dont pay that. If your interested I can get you a price quote.. Shit is the bomb digity..I have everything from a quart to 55gal drums.

yeah get me a quote cuz I am already unhappy with paying $60!!!!!111 :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

Etecs are good engines, i dont care what anybody says. I only have about 1300 miles on this poo so I cant testify to its long term reliability I just like the sled. If it blows up on me believe me I will curse poo for decades!!!!111 :lol:

I'm on my 1st decade anniversary :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Im sure. I was pretty skeptical of the poo 800 but I have a good friend who is a service manager for a large motorsports network and he has been running them for the last 3 years with virtually no issues (except a random burn down. The sled literally burned to the ground :lol: ) And a few other guys I know have had good luck with them so I took the gamble. The chassis is just too good. 

Just now, Anler said:

Im sure. I was pretty skeptical of the poo 800 but I have a good friend who is a service manager for a large motorsports network and he has been running them for the last 3 years with virtually no issues (except a random burn down. The sled literally burned to the ground :lol: ) And a few other guys I know have had good luck with them so I took the gamble. The chassis is just too good. 

Sounds like you gambled and won.  That's all we can hope for.  My first cat was a 13 800 RR.  I knew all the supposed issues and heard all the horror stories and figured fuck it...let's see, if it's fucked, I'll fix it and/or sell it.

Set deflection to fucked levels and hammered on it to try and pop the standard (weak ass stock) belt and only 80 hard miles later..BAM!  :lol: Guy before me rode it 400 or so miles before I got it.  Laughable "belt eater" claim.....like many of the claims of the other sleds.  Each brand has it's weak point....but, IMO, they are almost never as widespread as the internet claims.  I've got two bus on new 850's right now.  Both getting close to 1000 miles so far.  No issues.  However, I know they read HCS a lot and dive in and fix whatever may be a problem before hand.  Smart.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sounds like you gambled and won.  That's all we can hope for.  My first cat was a 13 800 RR.  I knew all the supposed issues and heard all the horror stories and figured fuck it...let's see, if it's fucked, I'll fix it and/or sell it.

Set deflection to fucked levels and hammered on it to try and pop the standard (weak ass stock) belt and only 80 hard miles later..BAM!  :lol: Guy before me rode it 400 or so miles before I got it.  Laughable "belt eater" claim.....like many of the claims of the other sleds.  Each brand has it's weak point....but, IMO, they are almost never as widespread as the internet claims.  I've got two bus on new 850's right now.  Both getting close to 1000 miles so far.  No issues.  However, I know they read HCS a lot and dive in and fix whatever may be a problem before hand.  Smart.

HCS is still the best source for info. Don't get me wrong most of the guys on there are retards but there are a handful who really know their shit. I've read about most of the issues the 800:s have had and the fixes guys have developed. It seems none of these sleds come from the factory 100%. 

• Like 2