Story about the 850 Poo Snowcheck I passed on

jtssrx

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What dont you like about the srx? That's an expensive one mistake there

It’s not a Doo or A Poo. It’s strictly for on the trail. It’s not confidence  inspiring especially in tight twisty bumpy trails. Trails i would hammer through on my doo I didn’t feel safe doing the same on this SRX. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

It’s not a Doo or A Poo. It’s strictly for on the trail. It’s not confidence  inspiring especially in tight twisty bumpy trails. Trails i would hammer through on my doo I didn’t feel safe doing the same on this SRX. 

So you thought a heavy Turbo was going to handle and ride the same as an 800 Etec.....interesting.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So you thought a heavy Turbo was going to handle and ride the same as an 800 Etec.....interesting.

Lol he asked why I didn’t like it I told him. 

I didn’t buy it because I thought it would was going to be a doo. I was well aware it was going to be heavy. I just didn’t realize how much I’d miss the feel of a doo. 

15 hours ago, jtssrx said:

It is tough deciding on the right sled.  These things are not free.

You may still be miles ahead on your season overall based on the original post.

I like the smaller CC sleds for a lot of riding conditions.  Some of those are a blast in the twisties.  Doesn't matter what brand.  I still end up going for power most of the time.  That particular rush is hard to beat.

I really was hoping that Poo got it right with this motor.  It could have opened up the whole market if it did what they had us believe.

11 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It is tough deciding on the right sled.  These things are not free.

You may still be miles ahead on your season overall based on the original post.

I like the smaller CC sleds for a lot of riding conditions.  Some of those are a blast in the twisties.  Doesn't matter what brand.  I still end up going for power most of the time.  That particular rush is hard to beat.

I really was hoping that Poo got it right with this motor.  It could have opened up the whole market if it did what they had us believe.

There are a lot of 850 Poo's sold and they are two strokes, so there will be some issues.  Its what you sign up for,  no different than Doo or Cat.

Cat makes a great 800, but an outdated chassis.  If mine blows I will post it and the reasons, zero regrets so far.

By a four-stroke otherwise or buy a tow strap.:lol:

11 hours ago, thewayout said:

800 HO that came out in 15 has been very good overall, FWIW. 

bull shit it is popping also with one this week on its 3rd and that ski only has 1300mi on it .much better than the older ones but still the most unreliable motors of the yrs it was built 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

bull shit it is popping also with one this week on its 3rd and that ski only has 1300mi on it .much better than the older ones but still the most unreliable motors of the yrs it was built 

They all pop EZ, I see them all in independent shops.  Doo's are the most frequent.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They all pop EZ, I see them all in independent shops.  Doo's are the most frequent.

I know they all let go . from e tec forward I think poo pops way more than doo. pre e tec hands down those doo 800 were the worst 

I know they all let go . from e tec forward I think poo pops way more than doo. pre e tec hands down those doo 800 were the worst 

There is always one that pops, ride what you like and if its a 2 stroke, have a backup.:bc:

• Haha 1

so

my bud who had the trail runner 850 bust a crank rod sent me this .

props to poo for stepping up

Out of blue Polaris called me said so sorry you had a problem with your 850, here is $550 and a free 5th year of warranty.

so

Out of blue Polaris called me said so sorry you had a problem with your 850, here is $550 and a free 5th year of warranty.

That's nice of them. Long as any downtime is minimal, fuck it!

Just now, awful knawful said:

That's nice of them. Long as any downtime is minimal, fuck it!

well he had a 2 day ordeal getting it out of the woods . that and 2 guys from poo were there to help him yank it out for 1 of those days lol. 

I hope they give every one that call 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

just talked with another bud he got the same call today .extra yr warr and 550 in Polaris cash .

so assuming every one with a fucked poo is getting the call 

Now that's a gesture and one I have never heard of before. Good on Polaris for doing that. Hopefully they can figure this/these problems out soon. :bc:

9 hours ago, irv said:

Now that's a gesture and one I have never heard of before. Good on Polaris for doing that. Hopefully they can figure this/these problems out soon. :bc:

No and it probably never will.

Who else has promised  their most durable engine ever......then had this many issues?

No one!

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so

Polaris 800 with 5 year warranty...…………………….rather ride 

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

No and it probably never will.

Who else has promised  their most durable engine ever......then had this many issues?

No one!

You're likely right. This has been going on since 06 when I wanted a Dragon bad! I rode Polaris for years and was hoping to upgrade from my 95 XLT but story after story about engines going down was enough for me to look elsewhere. I ended up purchasing my 08 Vector used and haven't looked back. It obviously isn't the ideal sled as it is lacking in suspension and handling compared to newer, rider forward sleds, but I have no worries whatsoever that it will bring me home when I venture out. It's strictly a trail sled but it's no slouch by any means, plus the gas mileage I get with it can't be beat either. :bc:

IMG_0181 (Large).JPG

HPIM1220 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, Anler said:

I thought the later build dates were supposed to be good. 

Not positive but I thought they took some back and were rebuilding them.   This was from a good source but I also was told they were only 800's.   Maybe an error on the rebuild.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not positive but I thought they took some back and were rebuilding them.   This was from a good source but I also was told they were only 800's.   Maybe an error on the rebuild.  

I got word that they sold several thousand 850's and 80 of them burned down so I think its one of those things that bad news travels faster than good. Most guys are extremely happy with them. Other than some nuances with running too rich on break in I think its a good engine. :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

I got word that they sold several thousand 850's and 80 of them burned down so I think its one of those things that bad news travels faster than good. Most guys are extremely happy with them. Other than some nuances with running too rich on break in I think its a good engine. :dunno:

Might be a bit too early to tell yet.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Might be a bit too early to tell yet.  

The stories are slowly starting to leak into the mainstream though.  There are certainly issues.  But, I just shrug.  Poo 800 series-normal.  Poolaiders defending and denying it is as funny as Cat guys denying the belt and clutching issues.  "NO!!  It's only some models!!!"  :lol: 

Sledders are so weird.