textron

Just now, Ez ryder said:

word has it they are dumping the textron name this yr and going back to cat.

not sure why? cat has never had a rep of quality atv but some marketing panel looked in to it pretty deep and made the call 

Textron sounds like industrial machines or something. The arctic cat name has more swagger IMO. Good move.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

word has it they are dumping the textron name this yr and going back to cat.

not sure why? cat has never had a rep of quality atv but some marketing panel looked in to it pretty deep and made the call 

Too many buyers associate that name with foreign production or lack of experience in the industry.

Pretty much squashes the rumor of Yamaha buying Cat snowmobile operations.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I’m surprised they dumped the Cat name in the first place. That never made sense. You’re buying a brand, but dumping the brand recongnition and loyalty??  

It was dumb.  I think it was an oversight by management that figured they’d circle back to it ASAP.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Didn't Textron own Polaris yrs ago?

Yes. In years past they have owned many great named products . Many rumors of Textron  trying to find a buyer of  Cats  snow division . Yamaha  has decided not to extended  it's engine  sales program  with  Textron  at this time . Could just be a waiting game on both sides  moving forward.

3 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Yes. In years past they have owned many great named products . Many rumors of Textron  trying to find a buyer of  Cats  snow division . Yamaha  has decided not to extended  it's engine  sales program  with  Textron  at this time . Could just be a waiting game on both sides  moving forward.

cat has zero need for Yamaha motors . they already are putting them together in st cloud. 

the have designed there 2st motors all the way back to the early zuk partnership .

27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

cat has zero need for Yamaha motors . they already are putting them together in st cloud. 

the have designed there 2st motors all the way back to the early zuk partnership .

I believe their Ctec is the best, most reliable mil on the market.  Not sure what the deal is with the new Doo motors but, short of clutching, I haven’t heard anything bad about them.  Poo 850?  Sounds about the same in Poo reliability so far but, time will tell.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What are they gonna turbo a Kymco 4stroke next year?? Cat needs someone to manufacture their motors, that is a fact..

Yamaha should be releasing their new line up of sleds shortly, going to get real interesting real quick

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

What are they gonna turbo a Kymco 4stroke next year?? Cat needs someone to manufacture their motors, that is a fact..

Yamaha should be releasing their new line up of sleds shortly, going to get real interesting real quick

As in shortly, do mean in another week or so or is it sooner than that? 

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Probably a pipe dream, I mean Yamaha barely put out any sleds this past season of their own, if I had to guess they'll exit the industry, not spend millions in R&D for a dying segment of powersports....

3 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Probably a pipe dream, I mean Yamaha barely put out any sleds this past season of their own, if I had to guess they'll exit the industry, not spend millions in R&D for a dying segment of powersports....

They just invested money into ontario trails and the landowners so I believe they'll still be in it for awhile yet. 

7 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I have heard that for years but that's not to say one year it may come true but I honestly don't think Yamaha is going anywhere real soon.