Anyone listen to Podcasts?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wife and I are into listening to true crime podcasts while we travel in the vehicle.   Listened to one of the most disturbing crimes I've ever heard yesterday while on the road.   Dealt with the torture of a 2-3 YO little girl by her mom and her live in boyfriend.   In the podcast they had interviews with the detectives that actually investigated the case.   They may have never know this even happened if someone hadn't talked about helping the couple bury the little girl.   The cold and callus nature of the people involved go beyond what one might think humans are capable of.   After I got on the net to see if I could find the case because on the podcast they change details.  The detectives actual testimony is far more graphic than the article.   In short they caused wounds while spanking her that got infected including in and around her privates.   Instead of seeking treatment they would hog tie her forward for days so she couldn't pick at it.   They poured straight rubbing alcohol on it.   When that didn't work they used a torch to try and cauterize it.   When unresponsive he tried to shock her awake by cutting a cord from a lamp and electrocuting her.  She had a broken back, massive internal bleeding and injuries to basically every single part of her body.  I generally find myself a pretty stoic person but this had me almost nauseous and in tears.  

IMHO anyone caught making meth should receive an automatic death penalty.   I was all for legalizing all drugs but I've changed my mind on meth.   Between this and what other tweekers are capable is beyond sickening.    

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/compton-jesse-caleb.htm

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wife and I are into listening to true crime podcasts while we travel in the vehicle.   Listened to one of the most disturbing crimes I've ever heard yesterday while on the road.   Dealt with the torture of a 2-3 YO little girl by her mom and her live in boyfriend.   In the podcast they had interviews with the detectives that actually investigated the case.   They may have never know this even happened if someone hadn't talked about helping the couple bury the little girl.   The cold and callus nature of the people involved go beyond what one might think humans are capable of.   After I got on the net to see if I could find the case because on the podcast they change details.  The detectives actual testimony is far more graphic than the article.   In short they caused wounds while spanking her that got infected including in and around her privates.   Instead of seeking treatment they would hog tie her forward for days so she couldn't pick at it.   They poured straight rubbing alcohol on it.   When that didn't work they used a torch to try and cauterize it.   When unresponsive he tried to shock her awake by cutting a cord from a lamp and electrocuting her.  She had a broken back, massive internal bleeding and injuries to basically every single part of her body.  I generally find myself a pretty stoic person but this had me almost nauseous and in tears.  

IMHO anyone caught making meth should receive an automatic death penalty.   I was all for legalizing all drugs but I've changed my mind on meth.   Between this and what other tweekers are capable is beyond sickening.    

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/compton-jesse-caleb.htm

Sounds like the tactics the CIA used during the Vietnam war. 

56 minutes ago, old indy said:

the sickening things mankind is capable of never cease to disgust me.  i get more than enough bile build up listening to Dan Bonginos podcast talking about our illustrious government.  

this

1 hour ago, old indy said:

the sickening things mankind is capable of never cease to disgust me.  i get more than enough bile build up listening to Dan Bonginos podcast talking about our illustrious government.  

Lots of great stepfathers out there but a woman bringing a man into the home shamefully often results in a bad outcome.   No different than bears or lions men are capable of doing terrible things to those kids.   

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lots of great stepfathers out there but a woman bringing a man into the home shamefully often results in a bad outcome.   No different than bears or lions men are capable of doing terrible things to those kids.   

And then commercials that promote decent behavior of men and "masculinity" are shamed by men.  Sad.

Neal

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And then commercials that promote decent behavior of men and "masculinity" are shamed by men.  Sad.

Neal

Yeah because those commercials surely stop things loke this. SMH.