As government subsidy ends Tesla cuts it work force huge.

BOHICA

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

This place is like an airport for dumb fucks. Gov subsidies actually help new technology along, and make the product more affordable for others as the product gets more defined. Look at many new technologies and you’ll see they often start out expensive and eventually get cheaper. 

that is all manufacturing 

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

This place is like an airport for dumb fucks. Gov subsidies actually help new technology along, and make the product more affordable for others as the product gets more defined. Look at many new technologies and you’ll see they often start out expensive and eventually get cheaper. 

So, new technology can't move forward without government subsidies?  Wow, and you work in automation.:lol:

Swoosh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Why should subsidies be given to a car company that builds cars with price points designed for the upper class?  But yeah, I guess it's conservatives hating on telsa.  Must be nice to have such a bias view of the world around you.

Please tell me you aren’t dumb enough to believe what you just typed... I bet none of the govt subsidies given to GM end up in Cadillac’s pockets...

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Electric car subsidy was and is a program definitely for those that have disposable income to afford it.  Much like solar subsidies.

Products like this only decrease in price with scale and age. The demand for EV’s drops with gas prices. Those prices will not remain like this forever. This is actually govt intervention that I’m not against. Allows for us to continue research and advancement before the demand curve is unmeetable from sustained oil price rises.  

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Beat me to it. That’s the bottom line really. There isn’t currently a demand for solar, green vehicles, etc due to fossil fuel prices. The problem is tech creation, scalability, and price drops won’t occur at the same rate as oil prices are able to rise. We are hedging our bets and ensuring that our companies remain at the forefront of tech. 

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

That's still the government...

Neal

not govenments job .that is sleazy govenment workers getting there's on the back end . govenment creating jobs is always costing more to the tax payer than the jobs the other people's money created .

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao:  Government is instrumental in your companies success 👍

Like you know anything about business.  :lol:  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Please tell me you aren’t dumb enough to believe what you just typed... I bet none of the govt subsidies given to GM end up in Cadillac’s pockets...

Products like this only decrease in price with scale and age. The demand for EV’s drops with gas prices. Those prices will not remain like this forever. This is actually govt intervention that I’m not against. Allows for us to continue research and advancement before the demand curve is unmeetable from sustained oil price rises.  

Beat me to it. That’s the bottom line really. There isn’t currently a demand for solar, green vehicles, etc due to fossil fuel prices. The problem is tech creation, scalability, and price drops won’t occur at the same rate as oil prices are able to rise. We are hedging our bets and ensuring that our companies remain at the forefront of tech. 

First the world doesn’t have the infrastructure or raw materials to provide cheap electric vehicles that make profits for manufactures.  Cheap electric vehicles for the masses is still way off.  Electric vehicles are a luxury item and you pay luxury prices.  Solar subsidies start to expire after this year and will be gone completely by 2021 I think.  They are definitely a luxury item.

these things do deliver a return but not for the masses as the masses can’t afford it.

I think it will be some time for these things to be technology that the masses can afford.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So, new technology can't move forward without government subsidies?  Wow, and you work in automation.:lol:

Swoosh.

i didn't state anything of the sort. i'd be willing to get some of the stuff you work on has been subsidized by us americans, and you likely don't even know it. you are a smart, educated, technolgical type guy. why you continue to make yourself look dumb at times is rather baffling. 

48 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

First the world doesn’t have the infrastructure or raw materials to provide cheap electric vehicles that make profits for manufactures.  Cheap electric vehicles for the masses is still way off.  Electric vehicles are a luxury item and you pay luxury prices.  Solar subsidies start to expire after this year and will be gone completely by 2021 I think.  They are definitely a luxury item.

these things do deliver a return but not for the masses as the masses can’t afford it.

I think it will be some time for these things to be technology that the masses can afford.

:lol:

the same could be said when we went from horses to cars. gas lights to electric. incandescent lights to LEDs, bulky TVs to slim screen. use your fucking head for once.  

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

not govenments job .that is sleazy govenment workers getting there's on the back end . govenment creating jobs is always costing more to the tax payer than the jobs the other people's money created .

Smoke more crack :lol: You have very little left between your ears 👍

29 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Would everyone be for the a wall on the border and the 5 billion if it was built out of solar panels that Tesla designed and would provide green energy?  LIBERAL MINDS BLOWN!!!!

And how would this keep illegal immigrants from using ports of entry?  

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

i didn't state anything of the sort. i'd be willing to get some of the stuff you work on has been subsidized by us americans, and you likely don't even know it. you are a smart, educated, technolgical type guy. why you continue to make yourself look dumb at times is rather baffling. 

Its possible, one for sure that was into hydrogen fuel cells that went tits ups.  

Thanks America.

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

the same could be said when we went from horses to cars. gas lights to electric. incandescent lights to LEDs, bulky TVs to slim screen. use your fucking head for once.  

Hmm none of the products on your list we're government funded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The point in which green energy his critical mass is not a scientific problem that is so far flung... The problem is who lobbies against it. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Hmm none of the products on your list we're government funded.

GPS and all related products. Cell phones. Microwaves, and most medical science breakthroughs. The auto industry as a whole has been heavily subsidized. The list goes on. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

GPS and all related products. Cell phones. Microwaves, and most medical science breakthroughs. The auto industry as a whole has been heavily subsidized. The list goes on. 

GPS sure for obvious reasons but cell phone? Hmmm that was developed privately by Motorola. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

GPS sure for obvious reasons but cell phone? Hmmm that was developed privately by Motorola. 

I just googled it, the site claimed most of the internal tech came from govt breakthroughs. There is another. Computer’s functionality and capability are a direct result of govt need. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The point in which green energy his critical mass is not a scientific problem that is so far flung... The problem is who lobbies against it. 

Who said electric cars are the future?

They need to do better than what we have currently and the batteries are not really green.

• Like 1

The fit and finish of a Tesla is top notch  for a American  made automobile. The dembanksters  that are funding this are getting very  nervous on the cash burn of the company. Sadly if you want to get people to purchase a green machine product it has to be in a normal working family budget, Tesla is not in that market.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Conservatives love to be hating on electric cars. 

I will have electric in some form prolly this decade.  Solar is most likely get to go up.  2019 is the last year for the full 30% percent tax credit.

these thing aren’t cheap though to where the masses can afford them.

Edited by BOHICA

19 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

The fit and finish of a Tesla is top notch  for a American  made automobile. The dembanksters  that are funding this are getting very  nervous on the cash burn of the company. Sadly if you want to get people to purchase a green machine product it has to be in a normal working family budget, Tesla is not in that market.

Everyone here is trying to explain this, but they look at it with this narrow mentality, and look at the people pushing such mentality.....a self proclaimed government worker.

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Conservatives love to be hating on electric cars. 

22 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I will have electric in some form prolly this decade.  Solar is most likely get to go up.  2019 is the last year for the full 30% percent tax credit.

these thing aren’t cheap though to where the masses can afford them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a diesel electric. Same technology as a train locomotive.

Preston Tucker was cutting edge  back in his day , so was DIVCO with electric delivery vehicles , then gas / diesel . The  corporate connected insiders to the then all powerful dem party killed them both.

Edited by hwytohell