Great Value brand baked beans.

1 minute ago, old indy said:

:lol:   well have you done a taste test???             i just put my cousins through one.  they all swear by Bushes in TX  so i switched them out with B&M (didnt tell anyone)   4 out of 5

texans say the B&M were better   the fifth bit into the fat blob and almost puked  :lol:                     :bc:

Ok...yur on!  I'm heading to get some shit for chili today...I'm gonna grab some Bush's anyway...I'll grab a can of B&M too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...yur on!  I'm heading to get some shit for chili today...I'm gonna grab some Bush's anyway...I'll grab a can of B&M too.  

Depending on the store of course but you can git the little cans, check a couple faves out!         :bc:

13 minutes ago, old indy said:

:lol:   well have you done a taste test???             i just put my cousins through one.  they all swear by Bushes in TX  so i switched them out with B&M (didnt tell anyone)   4 out of 5

texans say the B&M were better   the fifth bit into the fat blob and almost puked  :lol:                     :bc:

the fat blob is like the prize in the cracker jack box, best part of the beans

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Heye you can't say that

It was not gender specific.  Was it?  :dunno:

6 minutes ago, old indy said:

Depending on the store of course but you can git the little cans, check a couple faves out!         :bc:

One flavor at a time.  Like Neal, I’m funny about muh beans!

:lmao:

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

the fat blob is like the prize in the cracker jack box, best part of the beans

I’m never going to a strip club with you.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Ok...

B&M-  A decent color but a slightly smaller bean than Bush’s.  Good texture, a sweet molasses taste to it.  A bit “plastic-y” at first but went away quickly.  Some beans seem more cooked than others but, no big deal.  Texture is good and after a few bites, it’s a solid canned bean choice for sure.

Bush’s- Appears a bit more watery than the B&M but texture is smooth and the taste of the brown suger taste is clear and a much sweeter taste.  Beans are cooked consistent all the way through, and in every bite.  I hink they may be cooked a tad longer as they seem to be a bit softer than B&M.

So, after I put down a half can of each, the winner is........

Bush’s!!!  

The B&M is solid, no doubt, but the taste and flavor of the bacon and brown suger of Bush’s make them the clear winner.  They are almost a candied like dish.  Now, to be clear, I would turn neither down at the picnic table.  

BE17E042-A3B2-4FAB-8B5D-3A4D7F796130.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...

B&M-  A decent color but a slightly smaller bean than Bush’s.  Good texture, a sweet molasses taste to it.  A bit “plastic-y” at first but went away quickly.  Some beans seem more cooked than others but, no big deal.  Texture is good and after a few bites, it’s a solid canned bean choice for sure.

Bush’s- Appears a bit more watery than the B&M but texture is smooth and the taste of the brown suger taste is clear and a much sweeter taste.  Beans are cooked consistent all the way through, and in every bite.  I honk they may be cooked a tad longer as they seem to be a bit softer than B&M.

Bush’s!!!  

The B&M is solid, no doubt, but the taste and flavor of the bacon and brown suger of Bush’s make them the clear winner.  They are almost a candied like dish.  Now, to be clear, I would turn neither down at the picnic table.  

.....and the loser is, your wife......when you start blowing ass for the next several hours. :lmao:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...

Bush’s- Appears a bit more watery than the B&M but texture is smooth and the taste of the brown suger taste is clear and a much sweeter taste.  Beans are cooked consistent all the way through, and in every bite.  I hink they may be cooked a tad longer as they seem to be a bit softer than B&M.

Bush’s!!!  

Great review :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...

Bush’s!!!  

You get props for going the extra mile with the medal.. I seriously LOL'd..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Great review :bc:

:lmao:  A little bit of humor to head into the weekend.    :bc:

48 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You get props for going the extra mile with the medal.. I seriously LOL'd..

I laughed when it came to my mind.  I grabbed it from my daughters shelf...she's gonna be pissed if she ever sees the dried bean juice.  :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...

Bush’s!!!  

I commend you on your dedication and well thought out and executed,,  analysis of the baked bean challenge.  :bowdown:           :lol:  

you gotta try those b&m bacon n onion ones next :bc:

Edited by old indy