Americans Drank Less Alcohol For The Third Year In a Row

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Beer is down and wine is way up in sales. Weed has been effecting alcohol sales. Most likely a temporary trend. 

not a chance.  you sit in a weed store and the majority of customers are over 40 and a lot deep in retirement .

we're will overtake booze sales in my life guaranteed 

24 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

The job market has changed to a sit on your ass work force.

Right,. We may be eating healthier,  but are way less active.  I would think at the first of the year tobacco  & alcohol sales drop.  Gym memberships soar.  Most likely evens out by March.  

21 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Beer is down and wine is way up in sales. Weed has been effecting alcohol sales. Most likely a temporary trend. 

Not disputing wine is gaining in popularity, but there are no shortage of breweries springing up around here.  With higher alcohol content micro brews, it could easily account for drop in gross sales.  I don’t see Americans giving up their alchol anytime soon. 

20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Right,. We may be eating healthier,  but are way less active.  I would think at the first of the year tobacco  & alcohol sales drop.  Gym memberships soar.  Most likely evens out by March.  

Not disputing wine is gaining in popularity, but there are no shortage of breweries springing up around here.  With higher alcohol content micro brews, it could easily account for drop in gross sales.  I don’t see Americans giving up their alchol anytime soon. 

Colorado saw a big bounce in marijuana use during 2014 and 2015. But since then it’s dropped to just slightly above where it began. So yeah, I agree. Marijuana isn’t as pleasurable to as many people as alcohol. That’s not just America, that’s everywhere. It’s the most desired drug in the world because of how it hits the pleasure circuit of the brain. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

• Platinum Contributing Member
56 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yup......nothing will replace alcohol.

I find it hard to believe that many alcohol users will give up alcohol for weed....they may use both from time to time but swap for weed entirely? ....doubtful.

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yup......nothing will replace alcohol.

I find it hard to believe that many alcohol users will give up alcohol for weed....they may use both from time to time but swap for weed entirely? ....doubtful.

I did. But in all fairness I always was a weed smoker.  Didn't really have any connections when I moved to VT, so if I wanted a buzz in the evening it was Rum. At one point I was going through a handle a week. As soon as I was able to legally grow my own weed I quit drinking cold turkey last April. I had a couple of ice cold beers this summer and a few rum & eggnog's around the holidays. It's back to just being a social thing for me now. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cold War said:

Not to mention alcohol is socialy acceptable in most every setting.  Weed might be legal, but there will still be a stigma with lighting up a joint in mixed company.  

Yet, "vaping" is seen as much more socially acceptable.  WTF?  This world is making me crazy!!!!!

Image result for vaping meme

Vaping weed seems to be very popular with the younger generation. Whenever I have asked why they say it's for convenience. Is the younger generation to lazy to break up some weed and pack a bowl or spin a joint?

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I did. But in all fairness I always was a weed smoker.  Didn't really have any connections when I moved to VT, so if I wanted a buzz in the evening it was Rum. At one point I was going through a handle a week. As soon as I was able to legally grow my own weed I quit drinking cold turkey last April. I had a couple of ice cold beers this summer and a few rum & eggnog's around the holidays. It's back to just being a social thing for me now. 

Yeah....I guess it's mainly a preference decision. I have a couple friends who do enjoy smoking more than drinking and do so almost exclusively. On the other hand I have a friend who was a total stoner in high school but wont touch the stuff now  and only drinks.

Personally I prefer drinking but will have a tok now and then....especially when my landscaper shows up to mow the lawn and drops me a sample of his medical Marijuana for his glaucoma.

Medical is currently legal here but they are trying for recreation. Not sure how the new AG will affect legalities. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Vaping weed seems to be very popular with the younger generation. Whenever I have asked why they say it's for convenience. Is the younger generation to lazy to break up some weed and pack a bowl or spin a joint?

much easier to get away with it at home or school.  i'm sure my sons getting high daily as they refill juul pods as it's super discreet

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

much easier to get away with it at home or school.  i'm sure my sons getting high daily as they refill juul pods as it's super discreet

Yeah, they mix it with ejuice flavors if it isn't already in there so no one knows they are smoking weed. They just think they arte vaping nicotine. I use my dab vaporizer if I want to be discrete. 1 or 2 hits is all I need.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

At one point I was going through a handle a week.

A handle a week! Jesus Christ, I may have a problem, those are rookie numbers!

I blame all of this on global warming, less time to ice drink because of the damn plastic bags and drinking straws! Sending Jack Daniels stock into the basement! Damn you Al Gore!!!

• Haha 1