The Mighty Fitz

12 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I remember seeing that documentary when it came out years ago. I find the theory that a big wave lifted one end and drove the other end to the bottom, causing it to break in half interesting. Sank in 530 ft of water but was 730 long so it could have touched bottom if it stood on end.

On 9/25/2016 at 11:20 AM, 2strokemerc said:

I remember seeing that documentary when it came out years ago. I find the theory that a big wave lifted one end and drove the other end to the bottom, causing it to break in half interesting. Sank in 530 ft of water but was 730 long so it could have touched bottom if it stood on end.

I was thinking how the hell does a ship bottom in 530' of water, after reading your post I see where it could be possible..

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I was thinking how the hell does a ship bottom in 530' of water, after reading your post I see where it could be possible..

It didn't bottom out in 530' it bottomed out in 25-50ft on 6 fathom shoal, assuming it bottomed out at all.