NEW TRAIL ROUTE Cloyne Ontario E101

kevinmxz700

And asshats rode all over private property off the 950, Limerick Lake to Trudy's and the threat is on once again. Looks like the 940 south of Weslemkoon is gone too.

I won't go there but maybe Trudy's is still offering a free bottled water with every fill up this year....

Just a heads up, there are ice ridges all over Weslemkoon LK

2 hours ago, kevinmxz700 said:

It was just announced Trail E101 through Cloyne is closed due to land owner issues, 2 properties involved- behind school and across from now Nowell Motors.  Please Plan gas stops accordingly.  Gas to South on Hwy 7 & 41 Kaladar, to the North West McArthurs mills, to the North East Griffith, to the East Plevna, so basically there is not one Gas station left that is accessible inside Mazinaw's Trail Network.

I do not believe some sleds can now make the Bon Echo Loop, you now need to be able to get 184 km on a tank of gas from one station to the next, leave Bancroft go south, cant trust Trudy's to have fuel anymore, head over to Skootamata Lake, head up through park, then you have to make it to Mcarthers

http://www.district2ofsc.ca/trails_tourloops.php

The Cloyne Hotel is closed too.  In a pinch, if there is enough snow, when you come off the south end of the Mazinaw Lake you could run the side of the road down to the Shell station in Cloyne.  However, I read into this that you can't get south of Cloyne by trail anyway...but gas is there if you are on fumes....

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

And asshats rode all over private property off the 950, Limerick Lake to Trudy's and the threat is on once again. Looks like the 940 south of Weslemkoon is gone too.

I won't go there but maybe Trudy's is still offering a free bottled water with every fill up this year....

Just a heads up, there are ice ridges all over Weslemkoon LK

Will they stake Weslemkoon soon?

18 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The Cloyne Hotel is closed too.  In a pinch, if there is enough snow, when you come off the south end of the Mazinaw Lake you could run the side of the road down to the Shell station in Cloyne.  However, I read into this that you can't get south of Cloyne by trail anyway...but gas is there if you are on fumes....

Yes you can get to south side of Cloyne, cross the skoot head down to hydro cut take trail towards plevna

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Will they stake Weslemkoon soon?

Not too soon, there's too many hazards and a lingering "situation" from a few years back where a snowmobiler drove into a snowbank on a snow covered snowmobile stakeline and feels it is someone else's fault. Some conscientious volunteer will probably put up some helpful markers though ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Not too soon, there's too many hazards and a lingering "situation" from a few years back where a snowmobiler drove into a snowbank on a snow covered snowmobile stakeline and feels it is someone else's fault. Some conscientious volunteer will probably put up some helpful markers though ;) 

thumb.jpg

Just off FB:

"Update to the Cloyne issue: as always happens, the day I put the reminder up things change. The groomer went through Cloyne yesterday and signage for the new route is going up today. From the Shell, down the sidewalks to just past Nowell's and over the hill back to the regular trails. Please obey the posted signage".