Mueller investigation could have classified communications intercepts proving Trump worked with Russia

Mueller investigation could have classified communications intercepts proving Trump worked with Russia

Following a report that the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation into President Donald Trump's relationship with Russia, former Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Frank Figliuzzi said it is likely that Robert Mueller indeed has "classified" evidence. 

"I think this is particularly sobering, even for career counterintelligence professionals who always in the back of their minds think there is an outside possibility someone could rise to high office who might be playing for another team," Figliuzzi said during an appearance on MSNBC's AM Joy. "To see this in writing, to hear this report -- if it's accurate to say the bureau actually opened a case on Donald J. Trump -- is really like hitting the American people in the gut." 

Figluizzi and AM Joy host Joy Reid referenced a report from the New York Times, published on Friday, which revealed that the FBI began the counterintelligence investigation just days after former FBI director James Comey was fired. The goal of the investigation, the Times said, was to determine if Trump "was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow's influence." 

While Mueller took over the counterintelligence case and combined it with his own investigation, the Times was unable to determine if he is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter.

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-investigation-could-have-classified-communications-intercepts-proving-1289142 

Figliuzzi told Joy Reid that he was "virtually certain" that Mueller's team couldn't have gotten an investigation through all the required layers of approval unless there had been more evidence than just Trump's public behavior -- i.e., classified evidence.

Think about what the requirements are from the Justice department to open a case of espionage against a sitting president. They needed evidence, lots of it. 

Trump as I have always said is a Russian asset. The walls are closing in on him.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Think about what the requirements are from the Justice department to open a case of espionage against a sitting president. They needed evidence, lots of it. 

Trump as I have always said is a Russian asset. The walls are closing in on him.

So we go from “could have info” to the walls closing in on him. Seems legit.

• Haha 1

'could'

as in 'mainecat 'could' have posted an intelligent comment.'

but......

btw, i heard that from an anonymous official that worked in or around somewhere near the white house......or was it white castle.

Edited by oleroule
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

just stop your family has suffered enough shame