How long?

Anler

Before analer goes ballistic on the internet's trashing zbroz for their complete incompetence at making shocks and shitty customer service?

Second set of shocks arrived and still don't fit. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck 'em.....let her rip tater chip!!!!!!!!!!

I bought them thru Ian. Told them I want a refund. They are trying to build another set and next day ship them. Told them twice, NO. if you can't get a fucking set of shocks right in 2 attempts why am I going to give you another chance. And why do I as the consumer need to measure everything for you, twice? You either have a set or you don't? 

Fuck I sent him the measurements after the first set was the wrong length. Measured all of the eyelets and bushings too. Well at least they are the correct length now but the eyelets and bushings are all off. I can't even retrofit them. Fucking bullshit. I've had this skid in and out of the sled twice now. Putting it back in for the third time with the stock shocks. 

Edited by Anler
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I bought them thru Ian. Told them I want a refund. They are trying to build another set and next day ship them. Told them twice, NO. if you can't get a fucking set of shocks right in 2 attempts why am I going to give you another chance. And why do I as the consumer need to measure everything for you, twice? You either have a set or you don't? 

Fuck I sent him the measurements after the first set was the wrong length. Measured all of the eyelets and bushings too. Well at least they are the correct length now but the eyelets and bushings are all off. I can't even retrofit them. Fucking bullshit. I've had this skid in and out of the sled twice now. Putting it back in for the third time with the stock shocks. 

Yeah that isn't right at all....it's not like your sled is a one off custom with weird  shocks on it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that isn't right at all....it's not like your sled is a one off custom with weird  shocks on it.

Right? I know Ian deals with mostly skidoos but I talked with him for a while about revalving the stock ones or buying new and he sold me on the new ones. 

I am so pissed because I could have just had these redone months ago. Now I'm fucking around in the middle of January. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Wow, that really sucks Dave.  I thought for sure they would get it right the second time.  They should be able to just send you the sleeves and bushings that are the correct size. 

Ya think? Ian says they are having issues with bushings. I think I'll pass. Plus the eyelet on the rear is the wrong width. 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Right? I know Ian deals with mostly skidoos but I talked with him for a while about revalving the stock ones or buying new and he sold me on the new ones. 

I am so pissed because I could have just had these redone months ago. Now I'm fucking around in the middle of January. 

Hang in there with them. It might only be the last couple days of rideable snow before they get em right, but it’ll be awesome. 

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Hang in there with them. It might only be the last couple days of rideable snow before they get em right, but it’ll be awesome. 

Ha! Done.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ha! Done.

Yea, I'd be done too.  It's crazy how far off the first set was even after you gave Ian the measurements originally.  If they can't get the length and width correct after multiple tries how can you trust the valving and springrates.  That rear suspension is way different than a typical Polaris coupled suspension.  Length and width is simple.  IT takes some effort to get the valving correct.  Hard Pass.  

Don't be their guinea pig.  

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ha! Done.

Carl’s cycle always did a good job for me. Bruce Sheffield (sp?) did a set of ohlins for my prox. Really nicely done. I don’t even know if he still does them. I eventually started doing my own valving and rebuilding out of curiosity. If you have the time it’s fun. 

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, I'd be done too.  It's crazy how far off the first set was even after you gave Ian the measurements originally.  If they can't get the length and width correct after multiple tries how can you trust the valving and springrates.  That rear suspension is way different than a typical Polaris coupled suspension.  Length and width is simple.  IT takes some effort to get the valving correct.  Hard Pass.  

Don't be their guinea pig.  

X2

You should have had this all done in the fall and for that matter save your money and just get the stockers revalved like I did.  They were hugely improved over stock until the motor decunted itself.  Nothing I hate more than losing riding time due to sled issues.

• Like 1

Zbros customer service is terrible.  Once I finally got the shocks , it was worth the wait. But what you're having to deal with us pure BS. This is all on them, not Ian.

Have they even offered you anything to compensate for your troubles? 

And why are you having to give them measurements? It's not like your sled is custom made. They can't do a little research themselves?

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Call Hygear, once and done..

A quality run shop is like that.

19 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Zbros customer service is terrible.  Once I finally got the shocks , it was worth the wait. But what you're having to deal with us pure BS. This is all on them, not Ian.

Have they even offered you anything to compensate for your troubles? 

And why are you having to give them measurements? It's not like your sled is custom made. They can't do a little research themselves?

This is the first sign of “oopsy”.  On top of that, I’m sure it’s not Anler doing this coordination.  It’s probably his “mechanic” relaying information through him going to Zbros then back through Anler then to his “mechanic”.

What a mess....for an easy shock upgrade.  Sheesh. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This is the first sign of “oopsy”.  On top of that, I’m sure it’s not Anler doing this coordination.  It’s probably his “mechanic” relaying information through him going to Zbros then back through Anler then to his “mechanic”.

Wrong. Dave has the rear of his sled hanging off a oak tree on the back 40. 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

363007128_giphy.gif.cf(5).gif.a8c8d7c885e344ddb06162b2526c1377.gif

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Given the price of late model snowmobiles, I’m surprised they still require these shock upgrades. Seems like a ripoff. 

Yea I don't get this whole shock swap either.   Thought the Assault came with some Wiz Bang bad ass WE or Ryde FX shocks?  :dunno:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS