How long?

Anler

6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yea I don't get this whole shock swap either.   Thought the Assault came with some Wiz Bang bad ass WE or Ryde FX shocks?  :dunno:

Yeah, well....you can fuck right off if you have some nice KYB’s.  Those are some damn nice stock pogos.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Seems like a revalve and seal material upgrade would be a cheaper route. 

It would be....AKIQ Tom can comment much  better than I on the Walker Evans.

5 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Zbros customer service is terrible.  Once I finally got the shocks , it was worth the wait. But what you're having to deal with us pure BS. This is all on them, not Ian.

Have they even offered you anything to compensate for your troubles? 

And why are you having to give them measurements? It's not like your sled is custom made. They can't do a little research themselves?

That's what I said. I dealt with Nathan every day for like a week. I'm sure their skidoo set ups are spot on as that's what they seem to specialize in. I thought I was buying shocks set up for my sled. Nope. 

I didn't get the stock shocks revalved because I was going to take the new ones off when I sold the sled and either put them on my next sled or sell them. And the people I talked to about the stock ones is that they are not that great to begin with. Some shops wouldn't even rebuild them. 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, well....you can fuck right off if you have some nice KYB’s.  Those are some damn nice stock pogos.  

My '17 Renegade 

IMG_20190113_180208310.thumb.jpg.e3300da2c3685a39e94873fee0a84f80.jpg

IMG_20190113_180249367.thumb.jpg.97c5ab70699dab98215bcd5123d6de27.jpg

My sons '12 TNT

IMG_20190113_180457483.thumb.jpg.376b58af4adc9bf36896305ba56d129a.jpg

IMG_20190113_180551222.thumb.jpg.515af90bbcb5052e3c5e667004ddbe01.jpg

Sbyl , Gaybroski 

:news:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

WE Remote Ressis...a lot of guys don’t like them....Fox and KYB FTW!

I thought those were supposed such great sleds?  Sounds to me like their suspension sucks. :dunno:

Sounds to me like I made a MUCH BETTER choice by not getting one and going with what I did instead.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

That's what I said. I dealt with Nathan every day for like a week. I'm sure their skidoo set ups are spot on as that's what they seem to specialize in. I thought I was buying shocks set up for my sled. Nope. 

I didn't get the stock shocks revalved because I was going to take the new ones off when I sold the sled and either put them on my next sled or sell them. And the people I talked to about the stock ones is that they are not that great to begin with. Some shops wouldn't even rebuild them. 

Yea Ian and Zbros are SkiDoo guys, but they're building shocks, not sleds. You (Ian) gave them all the info (sled, rider weight, riding style, terrain, etc) , not sure how they fucked it up.  My issues I had with them is they kept pushing my order back because of "waiting on parts"  and then giving me BS completion and ship dates. By the time I told Ian to tell them to fuck off and get my $ back from them and go with some Kashima Fox Shocks, it was to late to get Fox shocks ordered for the season. 

Should have got with the YG and asked him for some options on what you could do with the WE shocks. I'm sure they can be reworked . 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Yep , we just stop more then we used to . 

Fuck , I wish we had sleds and suspension like we do now , a long time ago.  Would have put even more miles on back in the day. 

And then you get a beat off who doesn't even ride, or own a sled anymore questioning what we're riding :lol2:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My '17 Renegade 

My sons '12 TNT

And then you get a beat off who doesn't even ride, or own a sled anymore questioning what we're riding :lol2:

Damn sexy shocks.  Best stock sled shocks on the market, IMO.  Fox is getting closer but still a half step behind.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I've been dreaming of the KYB Pro's since the very first XRS came out, the trails were pretty flat this weekend but I found a few ditches and I gotta say they were everything I expected and more. The biggest surprise was how compliant they are through chatter considering how capable they are at eating up a big hit.

7 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My '17 Renegade 

My sons '12 TNT

Sbyl , Gaybroski 

:news:

I thought those were supposed such great sleds?  Sounds to me like their suspension sucks. :dunno:

Sounds to me like I made a MUCH BETTER choice by not getting one and going with what I did instead.

Yea Ian and Zbros are SkiDoo guys, but they're building shocks, not sleds. You (Ian) gave them all the info (sled, rider weight, riding style, terrain, etc) , not sure how they fucked it up.  My issues I had with them is they kept pushing my order back because of "waiting on parts"  and then giving me BS completion and ship dates. By the time I told Ian to tell them to fuck off and get my $ back from them and go with some Kashima Fox Shocks, it was to late to get Fox shocks ordered for the season. 

Should have got with the YG and asked him for some options on what you could do with the WE shocks. I'm sure they can be reworked . 

Fuck , I wish we had sleds and suspension like we do now , a long time ago.  Would have put even more miles on back in the day. 

They can be reworked I just decided to go this way and got burned. Dude, I'm not even going in to the stupid shit they did to the shocks. I emailed back and forth with him for a week and it was like we never did. The shocks he sent the second time we're basically incomplete and still out of spec.

I don't really blame ian, he was extremely apologetic and was willing to do whatever to make up for it. But I did order them thru him and he was the one who sold me on the package so he is not totally without blame. 

The sled is awesome and rides great, just the rear shock is a bit stiff. Its not bad it can just be better. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Damn sexy shocks.  Best stock sled shocks on the market, IMO.  Fox is getting closer but still a half step behind.

The qs3's are pretty damn good. The quality and simplicity of those are just genius. Should have been done a long time ago.

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I've been dreaming of the KYB Pro's since the very first XRS came out, the trails were pretty flat this weekend but I found a few ditches and I gotta say they were everything I expected and more. The biggest surprise was how compliant they are through chatter considering how capable they are at eating up a big hit.

Yeah, once you get good at adjustments, they get even better.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The qs3's are pretty damn good. The quality and simplicity of those are just genius. Should have been done a long time ago.

Yeah, I’ve heard they have the valving about perfect now.  I’m not a fan of such limited adjustment options but the truth is, most don’t ever want to deal with the amount of adjusting these top end, modern shocks allow and end up riding them set like shit.  I hated their move to the QS3 but, it sounds like it was the right one.  Cat owners seem to love them so, good deal!

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ve heard they have the valving about perfect now.  I’m not a fan of such limited adjustment options but the truth is, most don’t ever want to deal with the amount of adjusting these top end, modern shocks allow and end up riding them set like shit.  I hated their move to the QS3 but, it sounds like it was the right one.  Cat owners seem to love them so, good deal!

I'll have to see how they handle some rougher trails, right now every clicker is as soft as it goes and it's still miles above the X package valving I'm used to.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Most people don't ever touch the shocks once they are dialed. 3 position adjuster is perfect and makes adjustment a breeze. And yeah, everybody loves them. I looked for some for my assault but they don't make them for that yet. 

From what I'm reading the velocity shock on the Indy xc is the ticket for the assault. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, Anler said:

I bought them thru Ian. Told them I want a refund. They are trying to build another set and next day ship them. Told them twice, NO. if you can't get a fucking set of shocks right in 2 attempts why am I going to give you another chance. And why do I as the consumer need to measure everything for you, twice? You either have a set or you don't? 

Fuck I sent him the measurements after the first set was the wrong length. Measured all of the eyelets and bushings too. Well at least they are the correct length now but the eyelets and bushings are all off. I can't even retrofit them. Fucking bullshit. I've had this skid in and out of the sled twice now. Putting it back in for the third time with the stock shocks. 

Hahaha , buy a real sled next time instead of these Anler save a buck specials , you damn Joo !!!      The real ones come with good shocks installed from the factory !!!111111   :owned:

007.JPG

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Hahaha , buy a real sled next time instead of these Anler save a buck specials , you damn Joo !!!      The real ones come with good shocks installed from the factory !!!111111   :owned:

007.JPG

I see Green, this means you do not have a good suspension from the factory :lol: 

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Best handling machine in the business there , Buttnut !!!    :bc:

I'll bury anyone on a Cat with the new XRS any day of the week. The Gen 4 chassis is fire and I've been riding since I was in the womb.