F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Source: NY Times

WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation. 

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence. 

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice. 

Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage 

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

This has got to be the 1 that gets Trump out of office and maybe crooked Hillary can get in, after she has Pence killed of course.

If you took the time to read the link ....oh nevermind just post a meme

28 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Relax, Trump only has 6 more years, then maybe we will have a Democrat president that we can waste more $millions taxpayers money Witch hunting that person.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

FBI was corrupt to the core and acting in its own devious interests. They were violating countless peoples constitutional rights without cause. 

Fuck the FBI 

The Justice dept too?

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Nothing in the link points to Trump working on behalf of Russia.  More fake news from MC.  

No evidence has emerged publicly that Mr. Trump was secretly in contact with or took direction from Russian government officials. An F.B.I. spokeswoman and a spokesman for the special counsel’s office both declined to comment.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nothing in the link points to Trump working on behalf of Russia.  More fake news from MC.  

No evidence has emerged publicly that Mr. Trump was secretly in contact with or took direction from Russian government officials. An F.B.I. spokeswoman and a spokesman for the special counsel’s office both declined to comment.

Publicly 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

This is nothing MC. The fbi, justice department, etc always open investigations against sitting presidents with no evidence 

:lol:

So where is the evidence?  Two years in and you would think there would be enough evidence to indict Trump.  WTF?