Sign in to follow this  
Mileage Psycho

Jayme Closs Found Alive In Wisconsin, Says Barron Co. Sheriff

Recommended Posts

Finally a good news story, what a relief for the Closs family.

Quote

 

Jayme Closs Found Alive In Wisconsin, Says Barron Co. Sheriff

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Thirteen-year-old Jayme Closs, who went missing almost three months ago from her Wisconsin home, was located alive Thursday evening, according to the Barron County Sheriff’s Office. 

Authorities say a suspect has been taken into custody in connection with the case. The investigation remains active.

Closs disappeared on Oct. 15, 2018, the same day her parents — James and Denise Closs — were found shot to death inside their Barron home.

Up until Thursday, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald has said investigators have not had any credible leads in this case.

This is a developing story. Stay with WCCO.com as more details become available.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/jayme-closs-found-alive-in-wisconsin-says-barron-co-sheriff/ar-BBS5zQW

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news.

Gordon is a pretty darn small town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recieved an amber alert on Tuesday. I wonder if that resulted in her being located. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press conference at 10 am. I have a funny feeling about this case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most excellent news!  Wonder what she remembers regarding her parents being shot and killed?  This could get interesting for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Press conference at 10 am. I have a funny feeling about this case. 

As do I.  Hopefully I’m wrong and she’s the victim that managed to survive and escape.  But my “truck knee” tells me.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife & I spent most of a day helping search for her when they were asking for help.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t help but to think that she was groomed and indocotorated by some monster. Probably not online though. The fbi could’ve gone right down the pipe and got ip addresses. Even if she was texting the person involved they would’ve got phone records. Burner phone maybe? Or a friend of the family. Lots of stuff just doesn’t make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

As do I.  Hopefully I’m wrong and she’s the victim that managed to survive and escape.  But my “truck knee” tells me.......

I bet the guy that took her and killed her family was a serial rapist. There are some wacked out mother fuckers out there.. We had a guy in the next town over, lived on a very busy road, I actually would drive by his house a few times a week, abduct women and children for decades and keep them in a storage container for months, raping them. Then he would let them go.. Went on for 15-16 years till he was caught.. @Snoslinger, you live here then and remember this guy?? fucking nut case

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I bet the guy that took her and killed her family was a serial rapist. There are some wacked out mother fuckers out there.. We had a guy in the next town over, lived on a very busy road, I actually would drive by his house a few times a week, abduct women and children for decades and keep them in a storage container for months, raping them. Then he would let them go.. Went on for 15-16 years till he was caught.. @Snoslinger, you live here then and remember this guy?? fucking nut case

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

The location of the family’s home and the vague details of the case meant that there was some form of higher level stalking and planning involved in her abduction and the parent’s killing. I doubt very much that this was an “In Cold Blood” scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

The location of the family’s home and the vague details of the case meant that there was some form of higher level stalking and planning involved in her abduction and the parent’s killing. I doubt very much that this was an “In Cold Blood” scenario. 

oh I agree 100%, the guy around here would stalk the women too. All planned out, definitely not spur of the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we know she made an escape to get free from her abductor, I'm guessing it was a either a friend of the family or a relative. 

Edited by Mileage Psycho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man's goal was kidnapping Jayme Closs, not killing her parents, police say

Jake Thomas Patterson, accused in the  kidnapping of Jayme Closs

Jake Thomas Patterson's goal was kidnapping Jayme Closs — not killing her parents, police said Friday.

Patterson, 21, was familiar with the city of Barron, where Jayme's family lived, and targeted her specifically, police said at a Friday morning news conference. 

Authorities said they did not yet know whether Jayme, 13, and Patterson knew each other before he kidnapped her in October. Police have found no evidence that the two communicated on social media. 

Jayme's parents, James, 56, and Denise, 46, were fatally shot during her abduction Oct. 15. They did not know Patterson, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said.

Patterson had no criminal history. Neither he nor the Town of Gordon, where Jayme was found, were the focus of the investigation until Jayme escaped Thursday afternoon, Fitzgerald said.

Patterson, of Gordon, was being was being held in the Barron County Jail Friday on two counts of first-degree intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping. The district attorney expects to file charges next week.

Patterson was arrested after Jayme escaped from an isolated home outside the Town of Gordon and provided the Douglas County Sheriff's Department with a description of Patterson's vehicle.

An officer spotted the car, pulled it over and arrested Patterson, police said. 

Jayme has been medically cleared at a hospital and would be reunited with her family soon, police said. Detectives were questioning both her and Patterson Friday morning.

Neighbors helped after escape

Jayme, who was dirty and skinny with matted hair, was saved after Jeanne Nutter, who was walking her dog, heard her yelling for help as she hurried down street.

“I went to her and she just sort of grabbed onto me and she told me who she was," said Nutter, a social worker. 

Nutter's background in child protective services kicked into high gear. She rushed Jayme to a nearby home and banged on the door.

Kristin Kasinskas opened it.

"This is Jayme Closs! Call 911 right now!" Nutter said.

Jayme didn't have a sense of how long she had been kept in the home in the Town of Gordon, which is about an hour's drive from her family's home in Barron.

Based on what Jayme said, Kasinskas believes she had been there for most of the time she’d been missing. 

Jayme didn't want anything to eat or drink, but she was cold and wrapped herself in the blanket Kasinskas offered.

Overall, she was calm and able to talk, Kasinskas said. 

“She’s a traumatized child. I believe she was just maybe in shock,” Nutter said.

Nutter and her husband, who live south of Eau Claire, arrived at at their cabin near Gordon Thursday.

Nutter choked up as she told USAToday Network-Wisconsin about finding Jayme.

“I’m just so glad that she’s safe,” said Nutter, who retired as a social worker with Child Protective Services but still works as an adviser to the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s social work program.

Nutter said she’s thankful her dog, Henry, wanted to go for a walk.

“I’m just happy that she’s safe. I feel like it’s sort of a miracle that she’s still alive. I’m glad my dog wanted to go for a walk and we did and there she was,” she said. “My goal was to get her to a safe place and I did. The police were amazing.”

Gordon is about 40 miles south of Lake Superior and about 65 miles north of Barron, Jayme’s hometown. The town is home to about 645 people in a heavily forested region where logging is the top industry.

Gordon Town Chairman Denny Kline said Jayme was found about six miles east of town in a small forested area. He described the neighborhood as a small-town development with single-family, cabin-like homes. During the winter, the area where Jayme was found is not heavily populated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jammin said:

Man's goal was kidnapping Jayme Closs, not killing her parents, police say

Jake Thomas Patterson, accused in the  kidnapping of Jayme Closs

Jake Thomas Patterson's goal was kidnapping Jayme Closs — not killing her parents, police said Friday.

Patterson, 21, was familiar with the city of Barron, where Jayme's family lived, and targeted her specifically, police said at a Friday morning news conference. 

Authorities said they did not yet know whether Jayme, 13, and Patterson knew each other before he kidnapped her in October. Police have found no evidence that the two communicated on social media. 

Jayme's parents, James, 56, and Denise, 46, were fatally shot during her abduction Oct. 15. They did not know Patterson, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said.

Patterson had no criminal history. Neither he nor the Town of Gordon, where Jayme was found, were the focus of the investigation until Jayme escaped Thursday afternoon, Fitzgerald said.

Patterson, of Gordon, was being was being held in the Barron County Jail Friday on two counts of first-degree intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping. The district attorney expects to file charges next week.

Patterson was arrested after Jayme escaped from an isolated home outside the Town of Gordon and provided the Douglas County Sheriff's Department with a description of Patterson's vehicle.

An officer spotted the car, pulled it over and arrested Patterson, police said. 

Jayme has been medically cleared at a hospital and would be reunited with her family soon, police said. Detectives were questioning both her and Patterson Friday morning.

Neighbors helped after escape

Jayme, who was dirty and skinny with matted hair, was saved after Jeanne Nutter, who was walking her dog, heard her yelling for help as she hurried down street.

“I went to her and she just sort of grabbed onto me and she told me who she was," said Nutter, a social worker. 

Nutter's background in child protective services kicked into high gear. She rushed Jayme to a nearby home and banged on the door.

Kristin Kasinskas opened it.

"This is Jayme Closs! Call 911 right now!" Nutter said.

Jayme didn't have a sense of how long she had been kept in the home in the Town of Gordon, which is about an hour's drive from her family's home in Barron.

Based on what Jayme said, Kasinskas believes she had been there for most of the time she’d been missing. 

Jayme didn't want anything to eat or drink, but she was cold and wrapped herself in the blanket Kasinskas offered.

Overall, she was calm and able to talk, Kasinskas said. 

“She’s a traumatized child. I believe she was just maybe in shock,” Nutter said.

Nutter and her husband, who live south of Eau Claire, arrived at at their cabin near Gordon Thursday.

Nutter choked up as she told USAToday Network-Wisconsin about finding Jayme.

“I’m just so glad that she’s safe,” said Nutter, who retired as a social worker with Child Protective Services but still works as an adviser to the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s social work program.

Nutter said she’s thankful her dog, Henry, wanted to go for a walk.

“I’m just happy that she’s safe. I feel like it’s sort of a miracle that she’s still alive. I’m glad my dog wanted to go for a walk and we did and there she was,” she said. “My goal was to get her to a safe place and I did. The police were amazing.”

Gordon is about 40 miles south of Lake Superior and about 65 miles north of Barron, Jayme’s hometown. The town is home to about 645 people in a heavily forested region where logging is the top industry.

Gordon Town Chairman Denny Kline said Jayme was found about six miles east of town in a small forested area. He described the neighborhood as a small-town development with single-family, cabin-like homes. During the winter, the area where Jayme was found is not heavily populated.

Crazy shit. That fucker created a mess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully some inmate kills him in prison. Kinda sucks that he's a 21 y/o and gong to spend the rest of his life in prison and we have to pay for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the guy was one of her teachers years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I guess the guy was one of her teachers years ago

???  He's 21 years old.  Teacher of what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

???  He's 21 years old.  Teacher of what?

Im sorry, the woman that found her had taught him in school...I miss understood it, reading to quick..

Kristin Kasinskas told The Associated Press she did not know why the teen was targeted. She said Closs told her that the suspect "killed my parents and took me." Kasinskas said she didn't know Patterson, although he lived three doors down from her. She said she taught him science in middle school but remembered him as being quiet. She said she did not see him during the months Closs was missing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Im sorry, the woman that found her had taught him in school...I miss understood it, reading to quick..

Kristin Kasinskas told The Associated Press she did not know why the teen was targeted. She said Closs told her that the suspect "killed my parents and took me." Kasinskas said she didn't know Patterson, although he lived three doors down from her. She said she taught him science in middle school but remembered him as being quiet. She said she did not see him during the months Closs was missing.

I made the same mistake. Weirdly written article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I bet the guy that took her and killed her family was a serial rapist. There are some wacked out mother fuckers out there.. We had a guy in the next town over, lived on a very busy road, I actually would drive by his house a few times a week, abduct women and children for decades and keep them in a storage container for months, raping them. Then he would let them go.. Went on for 15-16 years till he was caught.. @Snoslinger, you live here then and remember this guy?? fucking nut case

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

I remember that case, I even think they did a "Forensic Files" episode on it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I bet the guy that took her and killed her family was a serial rapist. There are some wacked out mother fuckers out there.. We had a guy in the next town over, lived on a very busy road, I actually would drive by his house a few times a week, abduct women and children for decades and keep them in a storage container for months, raping them. Then he would let them go.. Went on for 15-16 years till he was caught.. @Snoslinger, you live here then and remember this guy?? fucking nut case

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

Odd He had no criminal record, decent student, owned his own home which was paid off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Odd He had no criminal record, decent student, owned his own home which was paid off. 

At 21 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will come out how many times he poked her and he'll end up spending the rest of his life getting his ass destroyed in prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.