The trump land grab

33 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It will, but is that value addedĀ worth the expense? Thatā€™s the real arguement. Is spending 10ā€™s ofĀ billions on a wall worth it when you could spend 10ā€™s of billions on other measures to cut back illegal immigration and drugs that are more prolific? If Trump wanted $5B to hire more men, put more drones up, and more tech at our ports of entry, Iā€™d be all for that. That isnā€™t the case. Itā€™s for a wall that doesnā€™t stop the flow of drugs or people that are overstaying visas, which is the real problem.Ā 

That is great in theory, but we all know that it would be another wasteful spending of money.Ā  At least with a wall, it's something tangible that people can actual see where the money went, rather than just being told it got spent.Ā 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Think about a river basin. The RioĀ is the border.

Letā€™s say you own all the way to the Rio. Your land occupies low land and hillside going down to that. Where are they going to build that wall? On the hill? In a flood plain? No, they are going to build it on solid ground. How many people will have a shit ton of land cut off? Probably a lot.Ā 

The government wants 150' of property on our side of the barrier so they can have patrol roads.

Let's summarize Trump's visit to El Paso: He is shown a tunnel dug under a wall, he is shown drugs and diamond crusted machine guns that border agents told him were found at point of entries :news:

Ā 

Cocaine Highways: Post-NAFTA, Most Drugs Cross U.S. Borders in Trucks

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=7354412&page=1

Ā 

How tunnels are built, used along US-Mexico border

https://www.mercurynews.com/2014/01/14/how-tunnels-are-built-used-along-us-mexico-border-2/

52 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It will, but is that value addedĀ worth the expense? Thatā€™s the real arguement. Is spending 10ā€™s ofĀ billions on a wall worth it when you could spend 10ā€™s of billions on other measures to cut back illegal immigration and drugs that are more prolific? If Trump wanted $5B to hire more men, put more drones up, and more tech at our ports of entry, Iā€™d be all for that. That isnā€™t the case. Itā€™s for a wall that doesnā€™t stop the flow of drugs or people that are overstaying visas, which is the real problem.Ā 

Ā 

17 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That is great in theory, but we all know that it would be another wasteful spending of money.Ā  At least with a wall, it's something tangible that people can actual see where the money went, rather than just being told it got spent.Ā 

Listen I would bet dollars to donuts that XLT has an IQ 40 points north of yours, and your statement that I bolded just indicates how simple you are....."I don't care if it works, I can see it" :lol:

22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

oh

myĀ 

god

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ā 

Listen I would bet dollars to donuts that XLT has an IQ 40 points north of yours, and your statement that I bolded just indicates how simple you are....."I don't care if it works, I can see it" :lol:

just 40?

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The government wants 150' of property on our side of the barrier so they can have patrol roads.

Let's summarize Trump's visit to El Paso: He is shown a tunnel dug under a wall, he is shown drugs and diamond crusted machine guns that border agents told him were found at point of entries :news:

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.mercurynews.com/2014/01/14/how-tunnels-are-built-used-along-us-mexico-border-2/

Exploring tunnels would be a weird thing. When I was attending school I lived with a couple of Vietnam vets for over a year. One was a LRRP and the other a crew chief on a helicopter. The LRRP was involved in few raids of tunnels north of I Corp and the DMZ. He didnā€™t talk much about it unless he got to drinking. He was a strange dude.Ā 

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ā 

Just because I can tell you how the people of the US react and you call me simple because I pointed it out.Ā  Um OK there genius.Ā Ā 

Edited by racer254

Just reading where it could cost 100 billion to complete the wall due to all the land owner lawsuits.that does not address where its impossible in some spots to build except to give Mexico more land. The cattle owners are furious now.

FUCK THE WALL. FUCK TRUMP

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just reading where it could cost 100 billion to complete the wall due to all the land owner lawsuits.that does not address where its impossible in some spots to build except to give Mexico more land. The cattle owners are furious now.

Itā€™ll make the trumpers feel safe though. Safe space Ā 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

No. Ā ONE GAZILLION DOLLARS!!!

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Itā€™ll make the trumpers feel safe though. Safe space Ā 

But, will it fix your teamā€™sĀ gender fluidity issues?

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yep. When they talk about drugs crossing the border they aren't carrying them over on their backs, they are coming by truck and by rail thru legitimate businesses.Ā 

• Like 1