The trump land grab

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Think about a river basin. The Rio is the border.

Let’s say you own all the way to the Rio. Your land occupies low land and hillside going down to that. Where are they going to build that wall? On the hill? In a flood plain? No, they are going to build it on solid ground. How many people will have a shit ton of land cut off? Probably a lot. 

If there's a will there's a way.   We had more difficult engineering problems to solve.  

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I love how you show your inability to actually argue any of these topics. You just deflect and attempt to be funny. Fun fact, you aren’t that funny...

I’m busy with other “debate” right now.  Take a number...

Just now, Highmark said:

If there's a will there's a way.   We had more difficult engineering problems to solve.  

So the wall can either cost 10x what it was proposed or it can strip the private property rights of Americans? That sounds like the making of a Trump “Choose Your Own Adventure” book... You can’t build a wall or fence in a flood plain. That just stupid. Why is it any time someone brings up a common sense point of contention with this stupid fence, the go to response is, “Just trust us it will work.”

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So the wall can either cost 10x what it was proposed or it can strip the private property rights of Americans? That sounds like the making of a Trump “Choose Your Own Adventure” book... You can’t build a wall or fence in a flood plain. That just stupid. Why is it any time someone brings up a common sense point of contention with this stupid fence, the go to response is, “Just trust us it will work.”

Fuck dude people are compensated for Eminent Domain every day in this country.   Its nothing new.   On top of that neither you nor I know how this easement works along the river.   It could be from the river center or the bank.   I own to the center of the road on a strip of county road that runs about a quarter mile long.   I can't do anything but put driveways in yet I pay property taxes on it forever.   Anyone who wants can go on that property even in the ditch.   This is NORMAL in America.    

16 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Think about a river basin. The Rio is the border.

Let’s say you own all the way to the Rio. Your land occupies low land and hillside going down to that. Where are they going to build that wall? On the hill? In a flood plain? No, they are going to build it on solid ground. How many people will have a shit ton of land cut off? Probably a lot. 

FFS do you think you own the right of way of the road that borders your property?  NO 

What do you think happens when they build a highway, how about a sound barrier?  What did they do when they built any current barrier,  FFS, get your head out of your ass and stop arguing points that have no basis yet.

BTW, they are not just going to "take the land" from the landowners.  They will be paid well for the land that they have to give up if they have to give up any.  I know plenty of people that have had this happen and they get paid and most times it is more than what the land is worth.  Stop the fake outrage bullshit. 

Why don't you complain when the EPA wants to re write the rules governing waterways and owners lose their land because of that?  How about the land taken when windmill farms are built? 

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

• Gold Member

I think there is a 60 ft federal government right of way/easement on the border in Cali, arizona and New Mexico.  100 % Barrier will be easy there with no land acquisitions.  And then juststart building on the tracts of land in Texas that they have already acquired.   More barrier you can put up the less area for easy crossing so it will be easier to patrol.

Edited by BOHICA

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

FFS do you think you own the right of way of the road that borders your property?  NO 

What do you think happens when they build a highway, how about a sound barrier?  What did they do when they built any current barrier,  FFS, get your head out of your ass and stop arguing points that have no basis yet.

BTW, they are not just going to "take the land" from the landowners.  They will be paid well for the land that they have to give up if they have to give up any.  I know plenty of people that have had this happen and they get paid and most times it is more than what the land is worth.  Stop the fake outrage bullshit. 

Why don't you complain when the EPA wants to re write the rules governing waterways and owners lose their land because of that?

:bc:

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/energy-environment/246408-the-epas-big-land-grab

The EPA just finalized one of the biggest land grabs in American history.

Under the Clean Water Rule, all "tributaries" will be categorically regulated by the federal government. Tributaries — which quite literally mean anything with a bed, banks and an "ordinary high water mark" — are now under federal control. Not my words; the Environment Protection Agency's (EPA). This includes ditches and less.

Edited by Highmark

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Fuck dude people are compensated for Eminent Domain every day in this country.   Its nothing new.   On top of that neither you nor I know how this easement works along the river.   It could be from the river center or the bank.   I own to the center of the road on a strip of county road that runs about a quarter mile long.   I can't do anything but put driveways in yet I pay property taxes on it forever.   Anyone who wants can go on that property even in the ditch.   This is NORMAL in America.    

So your response is “because they can”? Noted. Please take your conservative card and throw it in the trash. Just because they can, doesn’t mean they should or that it is automatically justified. How many other examples of becuase they can should I bring up here?

54 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Why don't you complain when the EPA wants to re write the rules governing waterways and owners lose their land because of that?  How about the land taken when windmill farms are built? 

I don’t agree with the EPA either you dunce. I don’t just base my principles on who is in charge unlike you... I value property rights above most rights. The govt thinking they can build a wall based solely on political rhetoric is not ok with me. There are absolutely reasons for eminent domain. THAT DOESNT FUCKING MEAN THIS IS ONE OF THEM! Sweet fuck you’re stupid. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So your response is “because they can”? Noted. Please take your conservative card and throw it in the trash. Just because they can, doesn’t mean they should or that it is automatically justified. How many other examples of becuase they can should I bring up here?

I don’t agree with the EPA either you dunce. I don’t just base my principles on who is in charge unlike you... I value property rights above most rights. The govt thinking they can build a wall based solely on political rhetoric is not ok with me. There are absolutely reasons for eminent domain. THAT DOESNT FUCKING MEAN THIS IS ONE OF THEM! Sweet fuck you’re stupid. 

:lol:   My desire to massively reduce illegal immigration, illegal drugs and human trafficking keeps my conservative card firmly in my pocket.  

Over 23000 were caught crossing in November in the rio grande valley. They cross there because there is no barrier. And some of you think this is just a political thing? C’mon man...

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Over 23000 were caught crossing in November in the rio grande valley. They cross there because there is no barrier. And some of you think this is just a political thing? C’mon man...

How many weren't caught?  I love the "its political" or "its racist."

Zero chance we will bust down on employers no matter how much we would like to see it done.   We have to stop/limit them from coming in illegally.    We've put up effective barriers in other places.   Its the only option that can be done.

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The only political rhetoric here is being done by Nancy Pelosi et al.  To try and bring up the subject about eminent domain with a wall that they don't plan on giving the money for is getting way ahead of themselves.

There could be upwards of 15 million people working here illegally.   The idea that we are going to realistically go after these employers no matter how awesome that sounds simply isn't going to happen.  If we open up the work Visa's that will not stop what is happening.   While plenty of 580's idea's he has stated in the past sound great and would work the reality is they would NEVER be passed or implemented in the US.   We must stop them from coming in illegally.  They come for work, better eduction and social services and completely stopping those things is a pipe dream.   Look at the whole sanctuary city movement.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   My desire to massively reduce illegal immigration, illegal drugs and human trafficking keeps my conservative card firmly in my pocket.  

Drugs have been proven to not come from the non-walled section. Invalid point. 

Human trafficking is nominal and does not justify a wall. Invalid point.

Illegal immigration through that section is only 33% of total illegal immigration. That money is better spent on men and tech. That spending of resources does not infringe on property rights in the same way a fence does that would cut off thousands of acres of US Citizen property. Invalid point. 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

The only political rhetoric here is being done by Nancy Pelosi et al.  To try and bring up the subject about eminent domain with a wall that they don't plan on giving the money for is getting way ahead of themselves.

Shut the fuck up hahahahhahahahahahahahhhhahahahhhaha. So Trump is making a stink over $5B which won’t even make a couple hundred miles of wall becuase he has our best interests in mind and not becuase it is political. That’s rich. So dumb. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

There could be upwards of 15 million people working here illegally.   The idea that we are going to realistically go after these employers no matter how awesome that sounds simply isn't going to happen.  If we open up the work Visa's that will not stop what is happening.   While plenty of 580's idea's he has stated in the past sound great and would work the reality is they would NEVER be passed or implemented in the US.   We must stop them from coming in illegally.  They come for work, better eduction and social services and completely stopping those things is a pipe dream.   Look at the whole sanctuary city movement.  

Unemployment is at 2.8%? What happens when you remove 15 million workers and open up 15 million new jobs? Who’s going to fill those spots. That is so unreasonable it isn’t even funny. Amnesty for all, hold employers to the fire. Anything else is nothing but a bandaid for 20 minutes. You know I’m right. 

• Like 2

Drugs have been proven to not come from the non-walled section. Invalid point. 

Human trafficking is nominal and does not justify a wall. Invalid point.

Illegal immigration through that section is only 33% of total illegal immigration. That money is better spent on men and tech. That spending of resources does not infringe on property rights in the same way a fence does that would cut off thousands of acres of US Citizen property. Invalid point. 

Shut the fuck up hahahahhahahahahahahahhhhahahahhhaha. So Trump is making a stink over $5B which won’t even make a couple hundred miles of wall becuase he has our best interests in mind and not becuase it is political. That’s rich. So dumb. 

Unemployment is at 2.8%? What happens when you remove 15 million workers and open up 15 million new jobs? Who’s going to fill those spots. That is so unreasonable it isn’t even funny. Amnesty for all, hold employers to the fire. Anything else is nothing but a bandaid for 20 minutes. You know I’m right. 

Didn't say we were going to remove them.   As much as I'd like to remove at least the criminals for the most part that isn't even happening.  :bc:

If we would remove some the higher wages will rise.  :bc:

We have no way of knowing how much drugs and human trafficking gets by.   That's the point.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

They have been for 30 years... We are down 90% since 2000. What we are doing is working. We need to apply more men, more tech, and more accountability with employers. We can solve this shit without infringing on individual property rights and billions wasted on a wall. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Didn't say we were going to remove them.   As much as I'd like to remove at least the criminals for the most part that isn't even happening.  :bc:

I know. I think we are pretty close, you just have a more rational view on this. I am saying fuck rational. Let’s do what is right. Immigration, abortion, welfare are all topics meant to keep us focused and not paying attention to the real issues. It’s funny. We literally could solve illegal immigration with Congress and the justice department creating and enforcing laws going after demand. 

• Like 1

I know. I think we are pretty close, you just have a more rational view on this. I am saying fuck rational. Let’s do what is right. Immigration, abortion, welfare are all topics meant to keep us focused and not paying attention to the real issues. It’s funny. We literally could solve illegal immigration with Congress and the justice department creating and enforcing laws going after demand. 

Yep.   Enforce whats on the books is all that's needed but states/judges are refusing to let the executive branch do its constitutional duty.   That's a dangerous slope to go down and we are already a ways down the ski hill.  

From the beginning lack of enforcement is the major cause.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   Enforce whats on the books is all that's needed but states/judges are refusing to let the executive branch do its constitutional duty.   That's a dangerous slope to go down and we are already a ways down the ski hill.  

D3AA87D2-2745-4E51-818C-37A8D60516C7.jpeg.9aa8bb947bdb8ac8ff58f9efb46beb6c.jpeg

The US

43 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

They have been for 30 years... We are down 90% since 2000. What we are doing is working. We need to apply more men, more tech, and more accountability with employers. We can solve this shit without infringing on individual property rights and billions wasted on a wall. 

I love how things like "infringing on individual property rights" is now being added to your argument.  Funny as hell.

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I love how things like "infringing on individual property rights" is now being added to your argument.  Funny as hell.

It was always part of the argument.