Small world

So.....I take my kid for a sled ride yesterday. We ride to the bar about 10 miles from my home. We head in and my buddy Jamie is sitting there chatting with another fellow that I know. The other guy is talking Harley's or some such shit. One thing leads to another and eventually I bring up that an internet buddy of mine is headed over to Thailand to work in the Harley factory.

Mark the guy at the bar says......I just got back from that plant. I've been there about 12 times and applied for a job with Harley over there. He says whats your buddy do

I said Drew (thegayout) <<< on FSCE ..........works for an engineering company and installs mills and lathes and such.

Mark says .....oh yah?????  What brand and who's he work for ......I knew Mark was in automation but didnt know he did setup programming for precision equipment 

I text Drew and drew says he works for such and such and sells Akuma or some such shit.

Mark says I used to work for such and such in Milwaukee also and I program Akuma or whatever

Well turns out that Drew and this guy worked together for a brief period and Drew even bought the guys craftsman tools or something when he left Milwaukee :lol: 

Mark was astonished that I knew Drew and he just kept mumbling........"small world man" 

Mark says...... "Nice kid....kinda tall and skinny right"  ..........I replied   "He's put on about 100 lbs since then and we all call him butters" :owned: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahahaha.  Thats cool Ben.  Did you get in any riding or just sit around spewing Bull Shit everywhere you went?  :dunno: 

I rode 25 miles by myself and then took the kid for a 25 mile loop. It was getting cold and very windy so I didnt want to take Aunika out any further than that. She had a ball and got her fill of kiddie cocktails and beef jerky and games of pool with dad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It really is a small world.

I was getting propane the other day and ran into a buddies dad. He saw my sask plate and asked where i was from in sask. :lol:

Funny story Ive been working with this consultant on some jobs downtown and we were talking and he says "Do you know this guy?" I have a peculiar last name and everybody always asks me if I know somebody with the same last name. Which 99% of the time I dont because its not really our family name. It was changed a couple generations ago. 

Well turns out he is from my dads home town and I am related to the guy he knows. First time that has ever happened in my life. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Funny story Ive been working with this consultant on some jobs downtown and we were talking and he says "Do you know this guy?" I have a peculiar last name and everybody always asks me if I know somebody with the same last name. Which 99% of the time I dont because its not really our family name. It was changed a couple generations ago. 

Well turns out he is from my dads home town and I am related to the guy he knows. First time that has ever happened in my life. :lol: 

Too ethnic for the time?:lol:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I rode 25 miles by myself and then took the kid for a 25 mile loop. It was getting cold and very windy so I didnt want to take Aunika out any further than that. She had a ball and got her fill of kiddie cocktails and beef jerky and games of pool with dad.

That's what it's all about, the simple pleasures of making memories. :bc:

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's what it's all about, the simple pleasures of making memories. :bc:

Yes sir.....she loves sleds. This sport needs kids to fall in love with it