Skis

I've put pilots on most of my sleds.....they are excellent skis. I cant see any reason for any other ski. Get the 5.7 if you are a diamond pounder like broke back analer........or get the 6.9 if you need more flotation. 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Whatever you get, keep the stock ones to throw back on when you sell. 👍

Oh yeah i plan on keeping all of the stuff I put on it when I sell it. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've put pilots on most of my sleds.....they are excellent skis. I cant see any reason for any other ski. Get the 5.7 if you are a diamond pounder like broke back analer........or get the 6.9 if you need more flotation. 

Do they still make the 6.9's? And the 5.7's werent that great, I switched those out mid season when i bought my first xp. 

17 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Slydoggs or sell your sled and bird watch. /thread

I read that slydogs are for cat guys who dont ride that much... 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Do they still make the 6.9's? And the 5.7's werent that great, I switched those out mid season when i bought my first xp. 

Did you work with them a little and add the outer carbide? Thats what is on this 850 and aside from a little heavy steering they rail and zero darting

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

What is this?  An actual sled topic.

It might as well be an oil topic......you'll have the braap crew who dont ride over 50 mph raving about C&A's and then every other swinging dick calling whatever they just dumped $500 on the best ever. Tough to get real unbiased info

Just now, f7ben said:

Did you work with them a little and add the outer carbide? Thats what is on this 850 and aside from a little heavy steering they rail and zero darting

Sure did, even got me some of those whiz bang triple points and shims. They pushed on the xp. The USI's were a vast improvement on that chassis. And they wear pretty fast too. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Sure did, even got me some of those whiz bang triple points and shims. They pushed on the xp. The USI's were a vast improvement on that chassis. And they wear pretty fast too. 

huh ....the only time I have ever found them to push was in loose snow and I dont want a ski with enough keel to carve there because they suck on hardpack then 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It might as well be an oil topic......you'll have the braap crew who dont ride over 50 mph raving about C&A's and then every other swinging dick calling whatever they just dumped $500 on the best ever. Tough to get real unbiased info

Yeah I know every faggot says something different. And most of them say C&A's but im kinda leaning away from those. No rocker keel. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah I know every faggot says something different. And most of them say C&A's but im kinda leaning away from those. No rocker keel. 

Their keel design is fucking dangerous in crusty unstable conditions......I have told people to be careful and I have watched them be tossed out from under their sleds like a ragdoll. 

I wouldnt ever run anything on any sled of mine again that says C&A

Just now, f7ben said:

huh ....the only time I have ever found them to push was in loose snow and I dont want a ski with enough keel to carve there because they suck on hardpack then 

Oh yeah and they were shitty in loose snow too. And I am a diamond pounder so carving is essential!!!!11

Seriously I didnt like them at all except they didnt dart. 

Ima keep the stock ones for shitty conditions but when we go to Canada i am going to want something more bad ass. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh yeah and they were shitty in loose snow too. And I am a diamond pounder so carving is essential!!!!11

Seriously I didnt like them at all except they didnt dart. 

Ima keep the stock ones for shitty conditions but when we go to Canada i am going to want something more bad ass. 

The 6.9's are better in loose snow and exhibit about the same trail manners. I would try those if I was you and loose snow matters to you

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Anler said:

Seems alot of guys swear by those. I'll check them out.

It is an incredible all around ski, on and off trail. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Do you have them? 

Yup, have had them on ever sled I have owned. The hour Glass shape rocks to get up on top the powdah for off trail the wider rear keeps you on top of once your there, and the narrower center carves the trail..it's a ski that does everything well

Edited by Rigid1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Yup, have had them on ever sled I have owned. The hour Glass shape rocks to get up on top the powdah for off trail the wider rear keeps you on top of me your there, and the narrower center carves the trail..it's a ski that does everything well

How is the darting? 

12 hours ago, Anler said:

So I'm thinking about getting some new skis for the assault. I'm not a fan of the pro steers. I just don't think they bite very well and with 144" of studded 1.6ness I need more bite so I don't end up in the cabbage. 

These are what I'm considering. I've only got experience with mohawks which I liked but not sure I want skis that wide. I'll be mostly trail riding with occasional off trail.

Slp slt's

Mohawks

C&a xpt's

C&a xcs 

Anybody have experience with these?

No but think the 6.9 Pilot's or SLP power pro's are both awesome.   In fact I won't use anything else.  

Edited by Highmark