Skis

Just now, Zambroski said:

Do you ever feel like you may be trying too hard?  Slow your roll a tad and let if flow naturally.  You have it in you but are rushing it.  

Ahhhh.....my young little grasshopper.  :lmao:

Hahahaha....Soi Boy = :owned:

Just now, Zambroski said:

And lake race?  I can teach a monkey to squeeze a fucking flipper.  Wooo hoooo!!!!!

ghey.  :lmao:

Dude....come ride some high speed trails on a real sled some day. I had both skis in the air and the track coming off the snow through a sweeper with a 4' drop today at over 100. That is fucking living

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anler said:

So I'm thinking about getting some new skis for the assault. I'm not a fan of the pro steers. I just don't think they bite very well and with 144" of studded 1.6ness I need more bite so I don't end up in the cabbage. 

These are what I'm considering. I've only got experience with mohawks which I liked but not sure I want skis that wide. I'll be mostly trail riding with occasional off trail.

Slp slt's

Mohawks

C&a xpt's

C&a xcs 

Anybody have experience with these?

then why do you own a 144?

not a big fan of C&A my self 

have had almost every ski they have made never kept a set on .

I did not like the Mohawks on my M . I liked the Polaris grippers better .but I do like the Mohawks on the gade . my bud likes the Mohawks alot on his axis  rmk .

I shim’d my prosteers and put ski savers on from bergstrom. Using 7.5” shapers  with 2k miles on them now and they are slightly worn, but they wear evenly, not just on the front like unshimmed skis would. My coworker has a 16 pro s that goes through carbides like a mofo. He put the shims on last year and said the difference was incredible. 

The best thing I did was add those two things. Darting disappeared completely, the skis look brand new still, and it handles pretty damn well I think. Might be worth a shot before dropping $450 on skis. 

Edited by thewayout

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude....come ride some high speed trails on a real sled some day. I had both skis in the air and the track coming off the snow through a sweeper with a 4' drop today at over 100. That is fucking living

Image result for annoyed drinking gif

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Because I can.

Image result for that is the correct answer gif

24 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I shim’d my prosteers and put ski savers on from bergstrom. Using 7.5” shapers  with 2k miles on them now and they are slightly worn, but they wear evenly, not just on the front like unshimmed skis would. My coworker has a 16 pro s that goes through carbides like a mofo. He put the shims on last year and said the difference was incredible. 

The best thing I did was add those two things. Darting disappeared completely, the skis look brand new still, and it handles pretty damn well I think. Might be worth a shot before dropping $450 on skis. 

Ok so... I did all of that last year. The skis don't dart and I had them shimmed and aligned perfectly. But they push and I don't like push. That's why I put the usi's on. 

2. They are total horseshit off trail or in deeper snow. Almost killed me a couple times last year. The difference is very noticeable when you ride with a pair of usi's or mohawks. 

The shapers helped but they still don't bite as much as I like. I may just get some new ski bottoms for the usi's and use those. Shouldn't be too expensive. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

C&A’s are for noob procrosss wannabes. 

Slydoggs 100%

God’s chosen ski for God’s chosen chassis. 

http://slydogskis.com/

They even have that neon green that your Assault has... Buying anything other than Slydogg’s would be buying second tier shit. 

Had set of those on Crossfire October...handled great...not very buoyant. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Anler said:

Ok so... I did all of that last year. The skis don't dart and I had them shimmed and aligned perfectly. But they push and I don't like push. That's why I put the usi's on. 

2. They are total horseshit off trail or in deeper snow. Almost killed me a couple times last year. The difference is very noticeable when you ride with a pair of usi's or mohawks. 

The shapers helped but they still don't bite as much as I like. I may just get some new ski bottoms for the usi's and use those. Shouldn't be too expensive. 

Get a set of Curve xs skis and be done..

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Do any of you faggots even ride?

Neither do you. :lmao:You just got done bitchin that you've spent 6k and have zero miles on and now you want to spend more money?  How about you start saving for an atv? :lmao::bc:

Just now, snoughnut said:

Neither do you. :lmao:You just got done bitchin that you've spent 6k and have zero miles on and now you want to spend more money?  How about you start saving for an atv? :lmao::bc:

I have been thinking about it!!!!1@1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Mohawks, 8" triple points, great on trail point and shoot ski, good flotation and steering off trail.

/thread

Im still kinda sick to my stomach that I let those go with the trade last year... 

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Im still kinda sick to my stomach that I let those go with the trade last year... 

Whatever you get, keep the stock ones to throw back on when you sell. 👍