Sign in to follow this  
f7ben

Doo 850

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

No they just build boring sleds 

Cause a 96 f3 definitely not boring:lol:

Bens 850 is fucking awesome!  Not as awesome as ben but still awesome!!!! 

24 minutes ago, jammin said:

Bens 850 is fucking awesome!  Not as awesome as ben but still awesome!!!! 

Can it hang with Drews butter wagon?  :dunno:  

20 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Can it hang with Drews butter wagon?  :dunno:  

Was not ideal conditions for racing. Lots of snow but very loose and the lakes were not groomed or flat.  My guess is they would be very close.   Preston has a 850 as well.... was still in breakin. 

20190113_131811.jpg

20190112_120855.jpg

20190112_114245.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, f7ben said:

Pathetic....just slow

2018 XRS Gade 850

Could not hang with any sled anywhere. 1500 miles on it and complete pooch

Peeled the side panel and belt guard off this sled and as I expected the belt was riding down in the secondary at least 1/8th inch. Showed my buddy how to adjust his belt deflection and got him set up right. His primary was covered in black marks. I think this sled needs an alignment bad although he is still on original belt at 2k miles.

I have 510 miles on mine now and 3k total on the sled. It was running incredibly well yesterday 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Peeled the side panel and belt guard off this sled and as I expected the belt was riding down in the secondary at least 1/8th inch. Showed my buddy how to adjust his belt deflection and got him set up right. His primary was covered in black marks. I think this sled needs an alignment bad although he is still on original belt at 2k miles.

I have 510 miles on mine now and 3k total on the sled. It was running incredibly well yesterday 

I’d be curious to compare the clutching and gearing specs on your 850 vs a 900t.  Belt burns clean as hell.  :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I’d be curious to compare the clutching and gearing specs on your 850 vs a 900t.  Belt burns clean as hell.  :bc: 

Its a whole different ball game clutching a turbo sled vs a 2 stroke......you can load the hell out of that engine and the turbo is going to love it. Also that motor probably vibrates a lot less than the 2s so skidoo can be a bit more aggressive with motor mounts and alignment and not offend anyone with vibes through the bars 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its a whole different ball game clutching a turbo sled vs a 2 stroke......you can load the hell out of that engine and the turbo is going to love it. Also that motor probably vibrates a lot less than the 2s so skidoo can be a bit more aggressive with motor mounts and alignment and not offend anyone with vibes through the bars 

Why would you EVER clutch a turbo 4 stroke!?!?!!)$&&$!

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Why would you EVER clutch a turbo 4 stroke!?!?!!)$&&$!

THERE IS NO GAINS IN A TUNE WITHOUT CLUTCHING DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP