Doo 850

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Viper? Tripple 2 stroke?

They were tough.

I was surprised myself. Guy said he burned it down racing his bud (of course) but the trails were flat and hard. If you didn’t watch your temps you could overheat pretty quickly without scratchers. I didn’t have any, but I tend to ride pretty aggressive and fast which kept my temps between 115-125

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

They are the most finicky sled with belt deflection ever. Likely because of the soft motor mounts. If my belt was anything other than 3/16 above the secondary kiss 4-5mph goodbye on top

I’ve found the same with my turbo.  Have it so it juuuuuuuust squeaks a little at idle.  Makes a difference in top end pull.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ve found the same with my turbo.  Have it so it juuuuuuuust squeaks a little at idle.  Makes a difference in top end pull.

Yup....I was adjusting mine every 2-300 miles on the 850. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Only because of those shitty Doo belts. 

They must be pretty proud of them based on what the guy at the parts counter wants for ‘em.  :lol:  I found a new one for 160 on fleabay and was all proud of myself.  

16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Any pics of how high it sits in secondary?

No, but mines probably closer to 1/8” than 3/16”. With the turbo if its too tight, your reverse gear won’t engage or disengage properly, so thats often a guide.  I effed with mine about 3 times before I found the honey spot.  I noticed a drop last year from new that by 1500 miles it seemed to lose some top end pull.  I would pull on my buddies 850 doo across the lake early in the season, then couldn’t catch him later in the season.  Not very scientific mind you, mostly seat of the pants.  I never did a top end run in good conditions last year with it.  This year, after putting a bigger track on and gearing it down, I’ll be happy if it hits an honest 100.

56 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No, but mines probably closer to 1/8” than 3/16”. With the turbo if its too tight, your reverse gear won’t engage or disengage properly, so thats often a guide.  I effed with mine about 3 times before I found the honey spot.  I noticed a drop last year from new that by 1500 miles it seemed to lose some top end pull.  I would pull on my buddies 850 doo across the lake early in the season, then couldn’t catch him later in the season.  Not very scientific mind you, mostly seat of the pants.  I never did a top end run in good conditions last year with it.  This year, after putting a bigger track on and gearing it down, I’ll be happy if it hits an honest 100.

Ok I set mine (900 non turbo) per the manual. Level with bottom of top cogs.

3 hours ago, thewayout said:

I was surprised myself. Guy said he burned it down racing his bud (of course) but the trails were flat and hard. If you didn’t watch your temps you could overheat pretty quickly without scratchers. I didn’t have any, but I tend to ride pretty aggressive and fast which kept my temps between 115-125

How's your sled run compared to Preston's? 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Shitty soft motor mounts more likely

Buddy of mine had issues with his '18 Renegade X 850 being a belt eater.  From what I've read the '19s weren't as bad as the '18s. Haven't heard anything yet about the '20s. Got one of these for mine 

IMG_20191107_223522090.thumb.jpg.89a9588414549c22e42ef2df98cfff9e.jpg

My '01 was a belt eater until I added a torque arm to it.  Didn't have any issues after that.  My '17 800 blew a belt at 1,3?? and then the one that I replaced that one with (Was a used belt, but I'm great shape. Was told it had 9?? miles on it)  at 2,2??     Added the BRP QRS torque arm and haven't blown a belt since. Hopefully they got the belt issues fixed on tbe '20s  

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

They must be pretty proud of them based on what the guy at the parts counter wants for ‘em.  :lol:  I found a new one for 160 on fleabay and was all proud of myself.  

Check out Jay Cox Power Sports.   They do -20% off , no sales tax and free shipping on purchases over $100  :bc: 

On 1/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, f7ben said:

2017 Gade 850 ADR. 2k miles. Mint shape , $1500 worth of accessories and a triton elite single place trailer. 8900$

Good price. My brother just bought a 2018 Switchback 800 Pro S with a 1.25 Ripsaw. brand new leftover 0 miles $10450

• Thanks 1