Doo 850

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

did the goriilla sell his set of G4 pro 40's,  those would be a good starting point.  

There are some nice Doo shocks for sale on HCS right now.

Ordered 96 Roetin Hornets and because Drew raves about them went with the Stud Boy super-lite backer faggot thingies

1.69 overall length on the studs.....should hook hard. Might have to add another 96 ......we'll see

• Like 1

17 x package short track.

I do need to shorten the front limiter as I cant turn while under power but I have done a lot of corners where I carry the inside ski 6-8 inches off the ground through bumps with no sawing at the wheel. Set it and forget it.  Kinda surprised when you said bump steer. Now I'm going to be thinking about it every time I go riding now. LoL

Just now, Roosting said:

17 x package short track.

I do need to shorten the front limiter as I cant turn while under power but I have done a lot of corners where I carry the inside ski 6-8 inches off the ground through bumps with no sawing at the wheel. Set it and forget it.  Kinda surprised when you said bump steer. Now I'm going to be thinking about it every time I go riding now. LoL

No you have the rack steering system, He doesnt. 

Just checked my carbides......center are worn down pretty good and worn way more in the front. Going to add 6" shapers and shim properly and I bet that makes a noticeable difference in getting rid of the push 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Ordered 96 Roetin Hornets and because Drew raves about them went with the Stud Boy super-lite backer faggot thingies

1.69 overall length on the studs.....should hook hard. Might have to add another 96 ......we'll see

Drew's sled hooks hard. I dont know if its because of those thingys but he jumps my assault off the line. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

96? What are ya a faggot? Oh wait...

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I already have a set of shocks I am working with......

I figured  you did....I’m trying to be a better person in the New Year and help Wooliestein out!🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I figured  you did....I’m trying to be a better person in the New Year and help Wooliestein out!🤣🤣

I tried to be a better person once........then I came to the realization that I'm already the best and there was no sense in trying to be better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Drew has 96 on his 1991 indy 500.....  SMH

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

So.....other initial thoughts on the sled

Ergos are very good but I knew this , not as good as the Axys but miles better than the PC

Fit and finish is great as you would expect but its a fucking 2017 and there are still torx screws holding on a lot of panels. That is annoying but I knew that as well

Handling .....here are some issues for sure. The Cat front end is better....much better. The G4 geometry exhibits significant bump steer in corners and I dont know that it can be tuned out at all. Also even though I have somewhat higher steering effort the sled still pushes. It needs more carbide and less spring pressure so we'll see.

R-motion is really nice even with cheapo shocks. Cant wait to upgrade all the shocks and get the sled dialed in more

Riding the thing without studs is absolutely worthless.......of course riding any sled over 80hp without studs is fucking worthless

I have 95hp, no studs, and I rock it! :thumbsup: