Doo 850

You know...if this Doo purchase by Benny goes sour, I'd hate to be a Doo owner on here.  Sheeesh!!!!!  Benny's gonna unleash on the "Khasshoggi" whoopin' machine and the trail of dead bodies may end with a FS v3 being the only option to save the intrawebs.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I predict Ben will be on a 900 ace turbo next year. I need to save some of his quotes about it for future use. He already flip flopped on the 850 in a span of like 2 hours. :lol: 

Fixed  :snack:

So.....other initial thoughts on the sled

Ergos are very good but I knew this , not as good as the Axys but miles better than the PC

Fit and finish is great as you would expect but its a fucking 2017 and there are still torx screws holding on a lot of panels. That is annoying but I knew that as well

Handling .....here are some issues for sure. The Cat front end is better....much better. The G4 geometry exhibits significant bump steer in corners and I dont know that it can be tuned out at all. Also even though I have somewhat higher steering effort the sled still pushes. It needs more carbide and less spring pressure so we'll see.

R-motion is really nice even with cheapo shocks. Cant wait to upgrade all the shocks and get the sled dialed in more

Riding the thing without studs is absolutely worthless.......of course riding any sled over 80hp without studs is fucking worthless

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ergos are very good but I knew this , not as good as the Axys but miles better than the PC

Fit and finish is great as you would expect but its a fucking 2017 and there are still torx screws holding on a lot of panels. That is annoying but I knew that as well

Handling .....here are some issues for sure. The Cat front end is better....much better. The G4 geometry exhibits significant bump steer in corners and I dont know that it can be tuned out at all. Also even though I have somewhat higher steering effort the sled still pushes. It needs more carbide and less spring pressure so we'll see.

R-motion is really nice even with cheapo shocks. Cant wait to upgrade all the shocks and get the sled dialed in more

Riding the thing without studs is absolutely worthless.......of course riding any sled over 80hp without studs is fucking worthless

I always thought cat had the best front end and handling. But the whole package goes to Doo. Etec, R motion, fit and finish, dependability, ergos, I could go on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I always thought cat had the best front end and handling. But the whole package goes to Doo. Etec, R motion, fit and finish, dependability, ergos, I could go on...

I think that Poo , Doo and Cat are making the best sleds they have ever made right now. The engine nod goes to the etec for a variety of reasons but the 800HO and Ctec2 are really nice motors from my experience with them.

The creature comforts go to the skidoo for sure. Everything from the handwarmers to the accessories is a bit better but you pay for that.

I would have bought another Polaris , I considered a 2019 cat 800 and obviously the Doo 850. Whatever was the best deal was what I was gonna buy 

46 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think that Poo , Doo and Cat are making the best sleds they have ever made right now. The engine nod goes to the etec for a variety of reasons but the 800HO and Ctec2 are really nice motors from my experience with them.

The creature comforts go to the skidoo for sure. Everything from the handwarmers to the accessories is a bit better but you pay for that.

I would have bought another Polaris , I considered a 2019 cat 800 and obviously the Doo 850. Whatever was the best deal was what I was gonna buy 

You really can't go wrong with any of them these days. Like you said these machines are the best they've ever been and alot of the complaints are not picking. 

As far as the bump steer, the x and xrs have a rack steering which is supposed to be better for that. I've never ridden either so I don't know. Doos have always been twitchy up front, one of the reasons I like the axys better. Cats front end is better too. 

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Imma liking my SKS 146. Pretty stout and suspension is almost spot on. Little more carbide, she'll be mint.

Sounds like way too much track for a 65 year old flat lander @!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I have a boner to buy an XCR 850

They are fucking awesome! 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I did too but I'd want the SB version and the fucking things are 15k if you can find one.....no thanks 

Its amazing how much cheaper they are one year older... Due to the shitty start to winter I am seeing many 2019's marked down $3000 already...

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I have very similar observations with my 900t after 450 miles.  Cat front end is better, ergos good close to Axys, R motion still best suspension imo.  I’m gonna put better shocks and maybe change out skis for next year too.

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I have very similar observations with my 900t after 450 miles.  Cat front end is better, ergos good close to Axys, R motion still best suspension imo.  I’m gonna put better shocks and maybe change out skis for next year too.

Angry jai knows a guy. :lol:

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Angry jai knows a guy. :lol:

I havent been having much luck with that guy either lately. Sent me the wrong shocks and still waiting on the next ones to arrive. If they arent right I am sending back for a refund.