Christmas gift test flight

Poncho

Christmas, my wife bought me new headsets for the airplane. They are BOSE A20 Bluetooth noise canceling!  I don’t know how I survived without them...unbelievable.  Beautiful day for a flight too.  Next weekend I’m north to sled.....life is good!

740C4C68-CF6E-4320-B3EE-58988A9DDEBC.jpeg

68A5F7D5-6642-40C7-B8F2-931BF23CF3E8.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Poncho what plane is that?  

Hope to get some riding next weekend as well.

it is my 1948 Cessna 170.  Over the last 18 years I’ve pretty much rebuilt everything.  You might recognize the name as a 172.  The Cessna 170 became the Cessna 172 in 1956, where they removed the traditional tail wheel on the 170 model and installed a nose wheel renaming it a 172.  Real men fly tailwheel aircraft!  Nose wheel aircraft are for......never mind...:)

Edited by Poncho
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

it is my 1948 Cessna 170.  Over the last 18 years I’ve pretty much rebuilt everything.  You might recognize the name as a 172.  The Cessna 170 became the Cessna 172 in 1956, where they removed the traditional tail wheel on the 170 model and installed a nose wheel renaming it a 172.  Real men fly tailwheel aircraft!  Nose wheel aircraft are for......never mind...:)

Does that mean Puzzled flies at Nose wheel aircraft ???  :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Poncho said:

Christmas, my wife bought me new headsets for the airplane. They are BOSE A20 Bluetooth noise canceling!  I don’t know how I survived without them...unbelievable.  Beautiful day for a flight too.  Next weekend I’m north to sled.....life is good! 

I rode by your place yesterday, left from just north of the Mazinaw to Griffith for lunch. Trails are in pretty good shape, if we get the snow they are calling for tomorrow everything should be mint 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xcr600 said:

I rode by your place yesterday, left from just north of the Mazinaw to Griffith for lunch. Trails are in pretty good shape, if we get the snow they are calling for tomorrow everything should be mint 

Was the restaurant busy?  You know you can gas at Lacourse’s down by the bridge.  

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

Was the restaurant busy?  You know you can gas at Lacourse’s down by the bridge.  

pine valley was dead, they have a liquor license now. only seen around 10 or so sleds all day.  I knew there was fuel down the road, but I can make the round trip easy with my sled.

12 hours ago, xcr600 said:

pine valley was dead, they have a liquor license now. only seen around 10 or so sleds all day.  I knew there was fuel down the road, but I can make the round trip easy with my sled.

OK, still early in the season yet.  I'm sure the traffic will pick up as soon as the word gets out the place is licensed..... Odot will have more customers......lol

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:23 PM, Poncho said:

Thast cool. My kid was talking about those the other day. He has a set of David Clark's I think. 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

OK, still early in the season yet.  I'm sure the traffic will pick up as soon as the word gets out the place is licensed..... Odot will have more customers......lol

They posted on Facebook that everything was groomed and they were going to yellow on the trail guide but it still shows red, I’m sure that kept a bunch of traffic away. It was $6.50 for a can of coors light that was from Quebec, the waitress said the owners didn’t realize how expensive beer was

• 1 year later...

Figured you guys would be interested in this. 

My son got to fly an aerobatic plane yesterday for the first time. He said first loop he almost lost his lunch but then everything after was good.

His Mom was not informed of the details of the flight for obvious reasons.

20200204_082445.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Figured you guys would be interested in this. 

My son got to fly an aerobatic plane yesterday for the first time. He said first loop he almost lost his lunch but then everything after was good.

His Mom was not informed of the details of the flight for obvious reasons.

20200204_082445.jpg

What kind of plane?  I went up a Giles 202 a few years ago and had some fun.  I was fine in the plane but about 10 mins after we landed I was fucked.  I wasn't right til the next day 

22 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

What kind of plane?  I went up a Giles 202 a few years ago and had some fun.  I was fine in the plane but about 10 mins after we landed I was fucked.  I wasn't right til the next day 

EXTRA 300.  He said the instructor told him you might take awhile to be ok. But he was fine once he was flying and not the instructor. 

11 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

EXTRA 300.  He said the instructor told him you might take awhile to be ok. But he was fine once he was flying and not the instructor. 

Right on... Nothing like going backwards in a plane lol. Hope he got video of his ride

1 minute ago, Renegade X said:

Right on... Nothing like going backwards in a plane lol. Hope he got video of his ride

he didn't. I don't think they would let him. But he will be in that plane a lot so its not an issue. plus if mom caught wind of it that would not be good