78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Everyone is for reaping benefits, I'm simply asking how the reaping will be portioned.  Is it the case that all labor is valued the same?  Truely horizontal?

Neal

No one gets 'paid', if that's what you're getting at.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Can't you reduce your tax burden by paying more wages? 

:lol:

That's one way to do it.:lol:

How many economics majors do we know that can start their own successful business in this climate?  Any business for that matter.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Is it the case that all jobs, every man-hour, is treated the same, as far as the reaping of benefits is concerned?

Neal

Who makes the decision to fire a deadbeat?  Or are they "lifers".

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

Jesus, it's like I'm dealing with a bunch of economic illiterates...

Aggregate demand is made up of two major components, wages and credit/debt.

If you stagnate or reduce one component without compensating by raising the other component, you end up with a net loss of demand. I think it's obvious how disastrous a severe reduction in aggregate demand could be 

So all you dumbshits who advocate for reducing government spending in one breath, then say stagnant wages are no big deal in the next, are advocating for a deflationary death spiral that will result in economic disaster. 

If you want to reduce the amount of debt and credit skewing and propping up the economy, then raising wages should be your #1 issue.

It's like no one actually understands economics, it's all fucking ideology. 

The math doesn't give a fuck about your ideology...

:lol:  So what happens when the price increase on products (caused by higher wages) offsets the wage increase creating no increase in demand?  

http://www.economicthought.net/blog/2013/09/higher-wages-higher-aggregate-demand/

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Is it the case that all jobs, every man-hour, is treated the same, as far as the reaping of benefits is concerned?

Neal

There is no practical way that his ideal system would ever be accepted or integrated. Its just not possible.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

From each, to each is the ultimate goal. You know the deal.

Idk, man, seems kinda irresponsible to try and learn this stuff secondhand.

Maybe you could try reading some Bakunin, Marx/Engels, Stirner, Kropotkin, etc. I don't teach.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Exactly! :bc: 

And you think adding $3+ trillion in spending will reduce that?  :lol:   Fuck man pull the other leg and it will play jingle bells.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  So what happens when the price increase on products (caused by higher wages) offsets the wage increase creating no increase in demand?  

http://www.economicthought.net/blog/2013/09/higher-wages-higher-aggregate-demand/

There is a good reason nobody follows an economics or business major in starting a business.  :lol:

But it worked on paper.:lol:

Somebody que that Rodney clip.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

And you think adding $3+ trillion in spending will reduce that?  :lol:   Fuck man pull the other leg and it will play jingle bells.  

Nope. Just shift the burden of managing health care to the user. Where it should be. :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Another one who is completely ignorant of economic multipliers.

Miss me with your bullshit.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

There is no practical way that his ideal system would ever be accepted or integrated. Its just not possible.

Well, we'd all have to stop worrying about how much someone else 'got' and instead worry about how we can best improve ourselves as people.

So yeah, it may very well be impossible as long as everyone is trying to measure themselves against others.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well, we'd all have to stop worrying about how much someone else 'got' and instead worry about how we can best improve ourselves as people.

So yeah, it may very well be impossible as long as everyone is trying to measure themselves against others.

You are talking about humans.  Not a chance.

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

:lol:  Economic multipliers.  :lol:  

I love that phrase.   

Can I ask you this.   Is there a curve associated with these wage increases and economic multipliers?   A point where it is negative or is it always positive?  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nope. Just shift the burden of managing health care to the user. Where it should be. :bc: 

Dude that's never ever going to happen in the US and is no part of single payer.

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

23% of Americans making 150K or more are also living paycheck to paycheck.  Its a disease.:bc:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/globe-wealth/article-why-the-rich-too-are-living-paycheque-to-paycheque/

Those poor bastards

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well you do need to get the insurance companies out of the equation.  At least for core health.:bc:

Exactly! They are part of the problem. 

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There is a good reason nobody follows an economics or business major in starting a business.  :lol:

But it worked on paper.:lol:

Somebody que that Rodney clip.

Those who can do. Those who cant , teach , or write.

52 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You are talking about humans.  Not a chance.

Well, as long as humans who think like you are around, you aren't wrong...

50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Economic multipliers.  :lol:  

I love that phrase.   

Can I ask you this.   Is there a curve associated with these wage increases and economic multipliers?   A point where it is negative or is it always positive?  

Fuck, I don't know, maybe we should find out...

Worse thing that happens is workers make more money and debt is no longer propping up the economy. 

18 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well, as long as humans who think like you are around, you aren't wrong...

Fuck, I don't know, maybe we should find out...

Worse thing that happens is workers make more money and debt is no longer propping up the economy. 

I'm smart enough to work the system, you and your type . . . .:lol: