78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

You don't want the rest of it?

:lol: :bc:

Truth is I wish I could Dave. Love the sled and if winter wasn’t looking like a bust here I would probably do it. Now that it’s looking like a bust I’m probably not going to buy anything this season. 

Plus I’m looking to finish the basement on my new house so I’m stockpiling cash. 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Clearly, you aren’t a liberal.  :lol:

Don’t tell some of these guys that. :snack:

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That’s being generous , it’s a low snow year.:whistle:

:goodpost:

11 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Truth is I wish I could Dave. Love the sled and if winter wasn’t looking like a bust here I would probably do it. Now that it’s looking like a bust I’m probably not going to buy anything this season. 

Plus I’m looking to finish the basement on my new house so I’m stockpiling cash. 

That's crazy that winters are so weak in South Dakota. Hey I don't blame you, going into middle of January and I don't have one mile on... Stupid hobby...

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

IM curious. Do you cut your own lawn and clean your own home? If not , how much more would you be willing to pay to have those services done for you before you decided to do it yourself instead of pay more. Would you pay $10 more per week for each service?

Yes on both. Never thought about it. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm pretty sure 100% of my guys make more than you and its not irrelevant.:lol:

Am I supposed to be impressed? It’s funny how you and a few others have to constantly make statements about how much coin you have. I’m sure that is some sort of inferiority complex or false internet persona issues. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

That's crazy that winters are so weak in South Dakota. Hey I don't blame you, going into middle of January and I don't have one mile on... Stupid hobby...

We get absolute shit for snow in the flatlands. Black Hills are sketchy because it can snow two feet and then be 50 degrees a few days later. Weather patterns out there are crazy. 

19 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Will your finished basement have a safe word?

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Blaming individuals for the failures of capitalism is gaslighting at it's most malevolent.

You have to either be an evil fuck or dumb as shit to think that 4 decades of stagnant wages don't have anything to do with 78% of people living paycheck to paycheck.

95% of those 78 percenters are just flat out not wise with their money. Has nothing to do with your so-called stagnant wages. ..Which by the way under Trump they are headed in a better Direction, the best wage growth/inflation ratio in a decade. Granted its still not great.

But most people  have little discipline. ......if you cant make ends  meet in this booming economy you're doing something wrong. There is a surplus of jobs out there right now and anyone with any kind of motivation can have the pick of the crop and look for higher-paying jobs. They don't have to settle for a low paying one. 

Problem is... it's kind of human nature to want to spend more as you make more ....I'm guilty of that as well. So the dollar value has less of an impact on why people live paycheck to paycheck....its just poor choices.

I have enough money saved to live comfortably for a very lengthy time and Im not one of those priveledged white boys. Ive worked hard and been fairly responsible  all my life and anyone could have done the same...I work for an EOE employer and many so called discriminated people also work there making real nice coin.Some of my coworkers  are doing  well  but many making the same pay are living paycheck to paycheck .  So your anti-capitalist theory doesn't apply.

Yeah, 4 decades of stagnant wages have nothing to do with the increase of people living paycheck to paycheck, the massive reliance upon credit/debt to prop up the economy, the strain on our social safety nets, etc.

People are just bad with money.

Except me, I'm great with it...

Edited by motonoggin

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

Yeah, 4 decades of stagnant wages have nothing to do with the increase of people living paycheck to paycheck, the massive reliance upon credit/debt to prop up the economy, the strain on our social safety nets.

People are just bad with money.

Except me, I'm great with it...

People were bad with money and living paycheck-to-paycheck four decades ago too.... nothing has changed

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

People were bad with money and living paycheck-to-paycheck four decades ago too.... nothing has changed

Exactly, because while the economy has grown over 4 decades, wages remain stagnant. It's like the only metric that has. 

But no, 4 decades of stagnant wages couldn't possibly cause any problems...

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Shut up Jod Ronson

I just think your platform is severely flawed like every liberal platform because it doesn’t account for human inequality 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Liberals hate science....if it makes them sad.

Hierarchys exist because inequality of ability and intellect exist. You can’t equalize that. 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Hierarchys exist because inequality of ability and intellect exist. You can’t equalize that. 

It's simple.  At the onset of this "social civilization", you kill all the more intelligent, harder working and motivated individuals....and anybody who seems like they are a step above to set an example.