78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course the turnover rates are absurd. Any with a brain bolt for better opurtunities. Just as you and I did when we were young and inexperienced.

An economy cant support itself with wages too low. Its just math dude. 

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

So many arguments on the extremes.  Give the employees the whole business vs pay people nothing. Everyone always has to think it’s extremes. 

Claiming minimum wage is only for teenagers is fine. Then legislate a different wage for teens and adults. 

So what % of Beta Inc is living paycheck to paycheck?

Gotta be pretty high.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

An economy cant support itself with wages too low. Its just math dude. 

Like I said above, there are so few working min wage it really dosnt matter , But $15 is nuts. That will impact everyone making under $30 an hr and is too radical.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Like I said above, there are so few working min wage it really dosnt matter , But $15 is nuts. That will impact everyone making under $30 an hr and is too radical.

$15 is barely $30k/yr.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

$15 is in certain areas that support it. I dont think anyone is saying it should be everywhere. Davis Bacon wages are set at the govt level and vary by county. minimum wage needs to adjust with inflation. It is just counter productive the way it is. These corps are being subsidized by welfare labor. Time to cut that off.

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

The translation of the notion that "minimum wage jobs are for new/inexperienced workers" is:

"People just entering the workforce or recovering from a job loss don't deserve to be paid enough to live."

What exactly is the education/skill level of these "People" who are hard luck cases?

Edited by ArcticCrusher

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

$15 is barely $30k/yr.

correct, and its not those mil and a 1/2 making $15 that will fuck shit up. Its the 30 million needing a raise that will fuck shit up. Certain products can only support a certain amount of wage before the consumer just does without. 

Or hires an illegal for cash.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

correct, and its not those mil and a 1/2 making $15 that will fuck shit up. Its the 30 million needing a raise that will fuck shit up. Certain products can only support a certain amount of wage before the consumer just does without. 

Or hires an illegal for cash.

Well, that's the thing then.

It all boils down to if you think people exist to serve capital's needs or capital exists to serve the needs of the people.

Arguing for wages to stay low just to keep some businesses viable is foolish and is basically enslaving humanity to the whims of the almighty market.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

"People don't deserve enough to live if they can't produce surplus value for capital."

We are not equal.  Some are worth more than others and deserving so?  The world you want does not exist.

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Went and talked to my FA today, life is good and the future looks even better. :bc:

Would look better with a lightly used switchback assault in it. :bc: