78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Anler said:

You can debate these guys. Seems many think its a good idea... Cuz its working. 

Did you even watch the video where Jim talks about the automatization offsetting the increases?

Also an important note.   Most were already there. 

Amazon had been paying a starting minimum wage of $11 an hour, and said its average wage for full-time workers at the fulfillment centers where it packages and sorts orders was more than $15 an hour. It had not disclosed pay for part-time and contract workers. Amazon said workers who now make more than $15 an hour will also get a pay bump, though it won’t say how much.

Edited by Highmark

30 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'm sure you are one of the guys who said $15 min wage in Seattle would be a death blow. Turns out it has been the opposite. # of jobs has increaed. Min wage needs to move with inflation otherwise it is counter productive. 

You know that correlation does equal causation. It could very well be holding job growth back. 

these are the reasons i believe skidmark thinks he pays his employees well, but really doesn't. because he may pay sarah $.25 an hour more than a competitor down the road may pay her, he thinks that's all that's necessary to feel good about himself and consider himself santa claus. the problem is much deeper than that. the workers should be making more as a whole, instead of the nickel and diming between the local competitors in similar industries. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

these are the reasons i believe skidmark thinks he pays his employees well, but really doesn't. because he may pay sarah $.25 an hour more than a competitor down the road may pay her, he thinks that's all that's necessary to feel good about himself and consider himself santa claus. the problem is much deeper than that. the workers should be making more as a whole, instead of the nickel and diming between the local competitors in similar industries. 

How much of your paycheque are you giving to employees that make less than you 

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:  Out of 40 I probably have 10 that make more than you.  

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did you even watch the video where Jim talks about the automatization offsetting the increases?

Also an important note.   Most were already there. 

Amazon had been paying a starting minimum wage of $11 an hour, and said its average wage for full-time workers at the fulfillment centers where it packages and sorts orders was more than $15 an hour. It had not disclosed pay for part-time and contract workers. Amazon said workers who now make more than $15 an hour will also get a pay bump, though it won’t say how much.

Yes which is true, you only listen to the parts you want to. Of course automation is going to increase in our society no matter what because it is the progression of things. He also went on to say that many other retailers are increasing their minimum pay because it is good for their business. And Kramer even says that this is the path to full employment. Getting good people and paying them well. These guys are on board. 

Edited by Anler

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i highly doubt that, but it's irrelevant nonetheless. 

Neither is your false assumption of how I treat my people.  :bc:

Just now, Anler said:

Yes which is tture, you only listen to the parts you want to. Of course automation is going to increase in our society no matter what because it is the progression of things. He also went on to say that many other retailers are increasing their minimum pay because it is good for their business. And Kramer even says that this is the path to full employment. Getting good people and paying them well. These guys are on board. 

Of course they will say that instead of talking about keeping people, or difficulty to find good people....you know natural market forces.   Again most of Amazon people were already above $15.00.   Glad you are so trusting in what corps say.  :lol:  

15 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

How much of your paycheque are you giving to employees that make less than you 

we are talking about employers, profits, and pay scales in the working world. maybe start a "i was given a farm" thread if you want to discuss your situation with others?

Just now, Snoslinger said:

we are talking about employers, profits, and pay scales in the working world. maybe start a "i was given a farm" thread if you want to discuss your situation with others?

I wasn’t given a farm. 

I asked how much of your wages you’re willing to give to people who make less than you. My guess is zero, because you’re a complete hypocrite 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Of course they will say that instead of talking about keeping people, or difficulty to find good people....you know natural market forces.   Again most of Amazon people were already above $15.00.   Glad you are so trusting in what corps say.  :lol:  

I was talking about Seattle. You just keep changing the narrative until you find something that makes you look like you know wtf youre talking about because you have been dead wrong on this one for years. :bc: 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I wasn’t given a farm. 

I asked how much of your wages you’re willing to give to people who make less than you. My guess is zero, because you’re a complete hypocrite 

wtf? am i their employer? like i said, create a thread you know something about, handouts....

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

wtf? am i their employer? like i said, create a thread you know something about, handouts....

Why do you have to be their employer? Can’t you just give them more money if they need more? You say you have lots. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

And I own 2 corps and pay well above that before someone tells me what I should do. :bc: 

I pay well above minimum as well! Tbh I don’t want minimum wagers around :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Ouch!  Barbiehands Rod takes a hit

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I wasn’t given a farm. 

Your in-laws aren’t dumb enough to hand over control to a semi-literate hayseed like you. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Ouch!  Barbiehands Rod takes a hit

Your in-laws aren’t dumb enough to hand over control to a semi-literate hayseed like you. 

We can’t all be minimum wage earners like you :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

80% are living pay check to pay check,  but none here are?  

Most peoplle that come in can’t cover a $500 deductible with cash.  

Must be a shitty way to live if 500 bucks wrecks your financing. 

47 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

IM curious. Do you cut your own lawn and clean your own home? If not , how much more would you be willing to pay to have those services done for you before you decided to do it yourself instead of pay more. Would you pay $10 more per week for each service?