78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Minimum wagers aren’t worth the hassle and potential problems they bring imo 

They are not. That being said a $15 min makes the guy currently earning $15 want $22 , and the $22 guy wanting $28+. ANd I don't blame them. I would too. The problem is the consumer isn't willing to pay for the price increases it will cause. 

Mainecat was bitching about increased prices just yesterday.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

They are not. That being said a $15 min makes the guy currently earning $15 want $22 , and the $22 guy wanting $28+. ANd I don't blame them. I would too. The problem is the consumer isn't willing to pay for the price increases it will cause. 

Workers ARE consumers. 

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Must be a shitty way to live if 500 bucks wrecks your financing. 

You should see the ones who aren’t going to pay for outrageous insurance coverage.  

Absolutely fucked.  Most headlights are over a  $1000. 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

You should see the ones who aren’t going to pay for outrageous insurance coverage.  

Absolutely fucked.  Most headlights are over a  $1000. 

One of our pick ups got backed into. Not even headlight involvement.  bumper, fog light and bumper cover. $2,000.00. 

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

True they are. Unless they have a choice.

I mean, does everyone understand macroeconomics? 

Like, your consumers need money in order to buy your commodities. That's like the entire point...

Just now, motonoggin said:

Like, your consumers need money in order to buy your commodities. That's like the entire point...

Correct, but some things they don't need to buy. 

I can still buy a work lunch in NH for around $10. With Romneycare in mass it is hard to get a lunch for under $15 . One place we go to a lot ( best steak and cheese around ) a small steak and cheese and 2 drinks is $18.

So when I work in NH I buy a lunch. When Im working in Mass , I bring one. 

I currently pay the dude that cuts my lawn $60 a week. If he went to $70 I would have to think about it. If he went to $75 or more I would cut it myself.

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Henry Ford understood that. Thought it was common knowledge. 

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So? Should people not speak up when they think they are underpaid? I think that is how this whole discussion started in the first place. Wages have been too low for too long. 

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct, but some things they don't need to buy. 

I can still buy a work lunch in NH for around $10. With Romneycare in mass it is hard to get a lunch for under $15 . One place we go to a lot ( best steak and cheese around ) a small steak and cheese and 2 drinks is $18.

So when I work in NH I buy a lunch. When Im working in Mass , I bring one. 

I currently pay the dude that cuts my lawn $60 a week. If he went to $70 I would have to think about it. If he went to $75 or more I would cut it myself.

How long does it take to cut your lawn?

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

So? Should people not speak up when they think they are underpaid? I think that is how this whole discussion started in the first place. Wages have been too low for too long. 

Well, obviously none of them deserve that wage so we should just have them use debt to buy stuff and then we can blame them for wrecking the economy.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Did you miss the part where I said I don't blame them? 

So they get a raise. A yr later they only have the same purchasing power as they had before raise and wage increase inflation. Now employers costs have gone up so he raises his rates. Great even right? Wrong , when his payroll went up so didn't his SS, unemployment and workmans comp. 

Not a problem. Ill just raise prices some more. Now my gross sales have gone up . That's good right? Well maybe. Maybe not . Employers chunk has stayed the same but now his liability insurance costs increase as that is based on gross sales. 

No problem. Ill just raise prices some more. Untill customers start telling me to fuck off as they really don't need the luxury I sell.

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Ouch!  Barbiehands Rod takes a hit

Your in-laws aren’t dumb enough to hand over control to a semi-literate hayseed like you. 

Unlike you, Rod seems to have really grown the operation.  Hayseed.  Good one.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well, obviously none of them deserve that wage so we should just have them use debt to buy stuff and then we can blame them for wrecking the economy.

Some do deserve it. A min wage is meant for teenagers. If some people cant grasp that concept and decide to have a family on a teenagers job wage , shame on them.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Did you miss the part where I said I don't blame them? 

So they get a raise. A yr later they only have the same purchasing power as they had before raise and wage increase inflation. Now employers costs have gone up so he raises his rates. Great even right? Wrong , when his payroll went up so didn't his SS, unemployment and workmans comp. 

Not a problem. Ill just raise prices some more. Now my gross sales have gone up . That's good right? Well maybe. Maybe not . Employers chunk has stayed the same but now his liability insurance costs increase as that is based on gross sales. 

No problem. Ill just raise prices some more. Untill customers start telling me to fuck off as they really don't need the luxury I sell.

This is not correct.

And it proves you don't really understand economics at all.

47 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

IM curious. Do you cut your own lawn and clean your own home? If not , how much more would you be willing to pay to have those services done for you before you decided to do it yourself instead of pay more. Would you pay $10 more per week for each service?

I don't do any of that shit myself.  The question is, should the cost for that service be based on the market demand or Moto's retard world of a % of your net worth?

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Some do deserve it. A min wage is meant for teenagers. If some people cant grasp that concept and decide to have a family on a teenagers job wage , shame on them.

If minimum wage jobs we're just for teenagers, why are those businesses open during school hours?

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you have a choice?  Union wages?

One is union but I also have non-union employees. My union guys get more money that the contract and also other benefits. I have good guys and they arent going anywhere. :bc: 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't do any of that shit myself.  The question is, should the cost for that service be based on the market demand or Moto's retard world of a % of your net worth?

It should be based on demand. I would love to double my prices and pay my employees a lot more then I do now. But not only do I have to compete with other contractors for the work. I have to compete with Amazon on parts prices. That obviously is impossible . And it does have an impact on my bottom line. Then add in competing against contractors hiring illegal help and not paying workmans comp , ss , UI and in many of those cases taxes , and its easy to see why I obviously cant implement a huge price increase.