78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

19 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s just fucked. 

and 98% have cell phones a 40 inch or better tv cable or sat at min net flix .the list of shit they have that they don't need that leads to the pay check to pay check life is very long 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

How will they keep up with the Joneses if they don't spend every dime they have plus what the bank will loan them. :lol:

That's what it comes down to. I see kids driving $60k pick up trucks. When I was in my 20's I drove some hoopties. But I paid cash for them. Bought my first house at 23. If I could do it all over again I would have done it all different and started investing more when I was younger. And that's what I tell young people all the time. Start now and thank me later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and 98% have cell phones a 40 inch or better tv cable or sat at min net flix .the list of shit they have that they don't need that leads to the pay check to pay check life is very long 

A 40” tv costs a tenth of what a 20” tv did in 1980 dollars. Netflix costs Fuck all and a phone with full internet costs less in 1980’s dollars than a simple landline use to. Your post shows very poor math skills.

Groceries, insurance and housing costs a fuck of a lot more and pay hasn’t kept up with those expenses. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I bet you many workers affected by the shut down were also living  pay check to pay check......:suicide: 

It definitely is the american way.....that percentage doesn't surprise me at all.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I bet you many workers affected by the shut down were also living  pay check to pay check......:suicide: 

It definitely is the american way.....that percentage doesn't surprise me at all.

Trump said he’d own the shut down. He should pay the interest on their credit cards until the workers start getting paid. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

A 40” tv costs a tenth of what a 20” tv did in 1980 dollars. Netflix costs Fuck all and a phone with full internet costs less in 1980’s dollars than a simple landline use to. Your post shows very poor math skills.

Groceries, insurance and housing costs a fuck of a lot more and pay hasn’t kept up with those expenses. 

You only included 1 person and a land line included the whole family using it, don't forget to include the cellphones for the rest of the family members, dumbass.

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah the problem isn't a TV or Netflix and cell phones  are almost a must in today's world....like  you said food, housing and insurance which includes vehicle, homeowners and health are all costly.

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's what it comes down to. I see kids driving $60k pick up trucks. When I was in my 20's I drove some hoopties. But I paid cash for them. Bought my first house at 23. If I could do it all over again I would have done it all different and started investing more when I was younger. And that's what I tell young people all the time. Start now and thank me later. 

Fuck I started when I was 12 with a paper route.  Slave labour today.:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You only included 1 person and a land line included the whole family using it, don't forget to include the cellphones for the rest of the family members, dumbass.

What does that cost for a family of 4? Compare that to a landline in 1980 with long distance.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah the problem isn't a TV or Netflix and cell phones  are almost a must in today's world....like  you said food, housing and insurance which includes vehicle, homeowners and health are all costly.

Health is not an issue here unless you're meds are not covered.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I use to get $1.00 per paper per month. 60 papers. I bought my first sled with the money. It was a 5 year old sled. 

What do they pay now?

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I did too. But was a different time. I had jobs all thru high school too in some degree. But I still wish I was smarter with my money when I was younger. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I use to get $1.00 per paper per month. 60 papers. I bought my first sled with the money. It was a 5 year old sled. 

What do they pay now?

They don't let kids deliver papers now. Like crusher I had my own route when I was 12. I gave it up when I went to high school. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What do they pay now?

I bought a Yamaha stereo I still actually still have today.  I don't know what they pay today but no way could they employ 12 year olds.  Fuck I wasn't even 12, only 11.  Damn Fiberal Star.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lol...same here.

Delivered on my bike with one of those sacks thrown over my shoulder  til I was 15.

Then took the money I saved and bought a moped to deliver on....life was good.....kept the route til I was almost 17.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I did too. But was a different time. I had jobs all thru high school too in some degree. But I still wish I was smarter with my money when I was younger. 

I was pretty good and saved the bulk of it.  Bought into real estate starting at about 20.

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

so you are paying your janitor 65 bucks and med and dental and matching 401k then? of not fuck off 

21 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Trump said he’d own the shut down. He should pay the interest on their credit cards until the workers start getting paid. 

wh6 do they have credit card debt ? that is there own prob