They hate snowmobiles and more.

Lets see if we can get some snowmobiling posting going on here I am getting worn out with politics its at every turn. :$ Give me a good snowmobile story. :bc:

About three years ago I was running a trail in Northern Wi over by Summit lake. I stopped to look around took off again came across some X-skiers they flipped me off so I stopped and ask hey whats up?? He starting yelling about the snowmobilers thinking they go to fast they think they own all the land and are to loud bla bla bla?? 
I told them these trail are part of the Wi snowmobile system and are marked for snowmobiling in the winter. Well they kept yelling about snowmobilers when they finished I looked at them and gave them name and told them to get the fawck off my land!! :fuckyou:

You should have seen their faces the one guy pipes in and says he lives just down the road. I promptly told them I don't give a fawck get off my land!! and no they were not my neighbors just tree huggers IMO. 

Well I did my part now they really hate snomobilers. :dirol:

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, soupkid said:

Its scary as fuck to come around a corner and have a skier/walker/ATV/anything in front of you, even at posted trail speed let alone above that.

Some trails are multi use trails and if you're on one of those multi use trails you really need to be on the look out for other users. Right or wrong, if snowmobilers don't respect the right of others to be on the trail and their safety I don't imagine it will be long before that multi use trail is closed to snowmobiles.

I know when I see people out on one of these trails, often as a family or with their dog I slow right down and give them a wide berth as I pass. They appreciate it and wave. Then I see others that fly past without moving over or slowing down. They throw chunks of snow from their tracks at the people and usually get the finger from the people.

To slow down for the seconds it takes to pass other users of the trail is just the right thing to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Some trails are multi use trails and if you're on one of those multi use trails you really need to be on the look out for other users. Right or wrong, if snowmobilers don't respect the right of others to be on the trail and their safety I don't imagine it will be long before that multi use trail is closed to snowmobiles.

I know when I see people out on one of these trails, often as a family or with their dog I slow right down and give them a wide berth as I pass. They appreciate it and wave. Then I see others that fly past without moving over or slowing down. They throw chunks of snow from their tracks at the people and usually get the finger from the people.

To slow down for the seconds it takes to pass other users of the trail is just the right thing to do.

All of the trails in mt area are sled only but it doesn't seem to stop other users from using them.

We had on trail that actually went through a farmers barn yard, had to watch for cows, pigs horses.

if you where in a group you had to watch for frozen flying turds if you where not the lead sled.

10 minutes ago, soupkid said:

All of the trails in mt area are sled only but it doesn't seem to stop other users from using them.

We had on trail that actually went through a farmers barn yard, had to watch for cows, pigs horses.

if you where in a group you had to watch for frozen flying turds if you where not the lead sled.

C206D is an open road allowance and can be used by anyone, even a truck on the groomed trail as well as no permit required. Actually you should pull those prescribed trail signs, it cannot legally be a prescribed trail.

4 minutes ago, Cumulus Nimbus said:

C206D is an open road allowance and can be used by anyone, even a truck on the groomed trail as well as no permit required. Actually you should pull those prescribed trail signs, it cannot legally be a prescribed trail.

I think C206D can be a prescribed train in the winter only (could be wrong)

2 hours ago, Axys1 said:

Lets see if we can get some snowmobiling posting going on here I am getting worn out with politics its at every turn. :$ Give me a good snowmobile story. :bc:

About three years ago I was running a trail in Northern Wi over by Summit lake. I stopped to look around took off again came across some X-skiers they flipped me off so I stopped and ask hey whats up?? He starting yelling about the snowmobilers thinking they go to fast they think they own all the land and are to loud bla bla bla?? 
I told them these trail are part of the Wi snowmobile system and are marked for snowmobiling in the winter. Well they kept yelling about snowmobilers when they finished I looked at them and gave them name and told them to get the fawck off my land!! :fuckyou:

You should have seen their faces the one guy pipes in and says he lives just down the road. I promptly told them I don't give a fawck get off my land!! and no they were not my neighbors just tree huggers IMO. 

Well I did my part now they really hate snomobilers. :dirol:

You should have had them arrested for trespassing LOL

35 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Without question!!!

56 minutes ago, soupkid said:

Its scary as fuck to come around a corner and have a skier/walker/ATV/anything in front of you, even at posted trail speed let alone above that.

:bc: Great post. My land is not multi use in the winter and in Wisconsin does not have a day light speed limit. All my land is open to snowmobiling all 5200 acres in northern Wi. 

Edited by Badger**

4 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

:bc: Great post. My land is not multi use in the winter and in Wisconsin does not have a day light speed limit. All my land is open to snowmobiling all 5200 acres in northern Wi. 

wow, are you the land baron of WI

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You should have had them arrested for trespassing LOL

I could have.. I do try to share my land with the people of WI for hunting fishing and walking hell even Skiing but they have to respect my right to say where they can go. And yes before you jump all over may ass I do get a tax break for leaving it open but I still have the right to where and how my land can be used. 

Edited by Badger**

4 minutes ago, soupkid said:

wow, are you the land baron of WI

No I am land poor and don't fool yourself if you think other wise. Its more of a break even deal after doing some logging and paying taxes. 

Edited by Badger**

24 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

No I am land poor and don't fool yourself if you think other wise. Its more of a break even deal after doing some logging and paying taxes. 

I hear ya !!!

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

riding last weekend, with some older couples and i couldn't believe some of the assholes who felt they needed to roost us with dirt when they passed.

btw. we promptly got over and let them pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soupkid said:

I think C206D can be a prescribed train in the winter only (could be wrong)

I recall we had a vehicle on the trail way up at the top. After discussion at the district level it was deemed as a road open to vehicles just like many other roads such as the same trail north of pine falls that is sometimes plowed. The end result was there was really nothing we could do. 

3 hours ago, soupkid said:

I honestly don't know.

I had thought the whole perscribed trail thing was so we could "take over) roads in the winter

I don't know about the trails you are referring to in particular however there are some roads I know of that are closed to vehicle aka car traffic in winter and they aren't private but public roads. They put up signs at each end saying road closed during winter. It is however used as a snowmobile trail. I have been told that the OPP can charge you for driving on a closed road and that there are apparently insurance implications for knowingly driving on a closed road.

13 hours ago, Axys1 said:

I could have.. I do try to share my land with the people of WI for hunting fishing and walking hell even Skiing but they have to respect my right to say where they can go. And yes before you jump all over may ass I do get a tax break for leaving it open but I still have the right to where and how my land can be used. 

Why I would I jump all over your ass? I think it's commendable that you allow your property to used and enjoyed by many  :fistpump2:

Edited by Mileage Psycho
Grammatical error
  • Like 1