Transgender relatives

30 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Christmas was a week ago!

I think Joe is preparing for Christmas 2019? If anyone is coaching hockey or is on the bench up here in Canada, one must take a Gender course. I did in 2017/early 18 and couldn't believe what I was reading!!! Imo, the whole process, educating thing is still in its infancy!! The course was 2 hrs long and you had no choice but to watch/complete it. If you opened another window or tried to drag the cursor forward during vids and some sessions, it would freeze on you and you had to start over.

The biggest thing that struck me, other than all the lables, was one week "they" could identify as a male then the next "they" could identify as a female. When they decided to identify as a female then they had to be accommodated with a seperate/private dressing room. The course was painful and I came away from it more confused than I was going in. It was a shocking eye opener to say the least. At work currently, there are 3 "they's" who couldn't be any less femine, imo. 2 are over 6 feet tall and one is the size of hulk hogan!! 

Joe, you will have to ask your daughter lots of questions before their arrival but at the same time, there has to be some leeway with him/her as he knows this is all new to you guys as well.

Good luck!

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, irv said:

I think Joe is preparing for Christmas 2019? If anyone is coaching hockey or is on the bench up here in Canada, one must take a Gender course. I did in 2017/early 18 and couldn't believe what I was reading!!! Imo, the whole process, educating thing is still in its infancy!! The course was 2 hrs long and you had no choice but to watch/complete it. If you opened another window or tried to drag the cursor forward during vids and some sessions, it would freeze on you and you had to start over.

The biggest thing that struck me, other than all the lables, was one week "they" could identify as a male then the next "they" could identify as a female. When they decided to identify as a female then they had to be accommodated with a seperate/private dressing room. The course was painful and I came away from it more confused than I was going in. It was a shocking eye opener to say the least. At work currently, there are 3 "they's" who couldn't be any less femine, imo. 2 are over 6 feet tall and one is the size of hulk hogan!! 

Joe, you will have to ask your daughter lots of questions before their arrival but at the same time, there has to be some leeway with him/her as he knows this is all new to you guys as well.

Good luck!

Thanks, its at their house so I can go or not

1 minute ago, joesale said:

Thanks, its at their house so I can go or not

Your decision, obviously, but I think it is something we will all have to get use to at some point. If things get uncomfortable, then explain, like a guy did at work, that you don't dislike him or anything like that,  you just don't understand it. If that is not good enough and he wants to go on further against your wishes, then explain to him you need baby steps processing this. You can always leave if it becomes too uncomfortable. 

Good luck. :bc:

52 minutes ago, joesale said:

So, my nieces husband decided he is a girl.He told us about 4 months ago.

Saturday is our Christmas celebration and the first time I will be seeing Him?her?it?

So, have any of you have dealt with this? And how did it go?

you Serbian or some other orthodox  religion using the Julian calender  ? 

a lot of my family dose the Serbian Christmas. think this yr is Sunday and Monday 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you Serbian or some other orthodox  religion using the Julian calender  ? 

a lot of my family dose the Serbian Christmas. think this yr is Sunday and Monday 

Nope, we're  just late this year with  that branch of the  family  tree. This year was a scheduling  nightmare. 

1 hour ago, joesale said:

So, my nieces husband decided he is a girl.He told us about 4 months ago.

Saturday is our Christmas celebration and the first time I will be seeing Him?her?it?

So, have any of you have dealt with this? And how did it go?

It’s nice to be able to choose your sex/gender/race/species anytime one feels their “feels” these days.

Hey, I think a lot of men should just decide to be women.  They aren’t doing the men thing very well at all.  

Just now, Mainecat said:

Humans are humans bud

In this case, hypocrites are hypocrites, bud. This is why younger people despise your generation. You're fake, yet you can't even fake being a progressive right... 

As for the family member, I am sure that has to be an unbelievably hard thing to do by reintroducing yourself to your family. Hope they get the support they need. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s nice to be able to choose your sex/gender/race/species anytime one feels their “feels” these days.

Hey, I think a lot of men should just decide to be women.  They aren’t doing the men thing very well at all.  

He actually  does men things very well. Ho owns and operates a  pretty  successful landscape company.  26 years old and  paid cash for beautiful  restored  farmhouse  on 40 acres. He paid $250,000.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That is a very odd statement to make. Like a lot of people “feel” something abnormal, bit choose to keep it in? Is that what you do? A normal person, with some critical thinking skills, would not make a statement like that.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

In this case, hypocrites are hypocrites, bud. This is why younger people despise your generation. You're fake, yet you can't even fake being a progressive right... 

As for the family member, I am sure that has to be an unbelievably hard thing to do by reintroducing yourself to your family. Hope they get the support they need. 

I'm sure it's very much  harder for him to do this the me to understand.  My problem is that  I don't have  a politically correct  bone in my body, and I don't have a  filter. I'm like a giant toddler. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, joesale said:

He actually  does men things very well. Ho owns and operates a  pretty  successful landscape company.  26 years old and  paid cash for beautiful  restored  farmhouse  on 40 acres. He paid $250,000.

Women can do that too.  You’ll see.

Good for him.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

That is a very odd statement to make. Like a lot of people “feel” something abnormal, bit choose to keep it in? Is that what you do? A normal person, with some critical thinking skills, would not make a statement like that.

Just be quiet.  I acknowledge that people are born with mental deficiencies.  I don’t care.  It’s just weird.

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Your critical thinking makes you envious of others...

That must trigger your anxiety issues as well.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Your critical thinking makes you envious of others...

That must trigger your anxiety issues as well.

Librul “critical thinking”= a hot, emotional mess spewing nothing but daily talking points delivered via their mother ship.