Polaris 850

Slow Joe

26 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

You don,t need brakes on a 4 stroke, IF you know how to drive. What great Cat do you own ? I agree they are all junk. Some just become junk much quicker than others.  Not much to a brake system. Can you not figure out where the problem is ? Lots of poolaris panties knotted up in a bunch this weekend. Hopefully it,s the rainy weather cause the itch.

How many other poolaris owners have the 60 mph bog, when you try to accelerate from that speed at around 5000 to 5500 RPM ? And don,t be shy about telling the truth, it won,t hurt.

And, WTF is the humungous rattle with the starter every time you try and start the poolaris 850 sleds ?

Sounds like someone rattling a can of marbles.

For his next trick, Frosty will attempt to pull a rabbit out of his Arctic cat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

You don,t need brakes on a 4 stroke, IF you know how to drive. What great Cat do you own ? I agree they are all junk. Some just become junk much quicker than others.  Not much to a brake system. Can you not figure out where the problem is ? Lots of poolaris panties knotted up in a bunch this weekend. Hopefully it,s the rainy weather cause the itch.

How many other poolaris owners have the 60 mph bog, when you try to accelerate from that speed at around 5000 to 5500 RPM ? And don,t be shy about telling the truth, it won,t hurt.

And, WTF is the humungous rattle with the starter every time you try and start the poolaris 850 sleds ?

Sounds like someone rattling a can of marbles.

I've seen you ride......you need brakes

• Haha 2

No bog, no starting issues, no fouled plugs...nothing...almost 1700 miles, original plugs, original belt. Fuel mileage is very good, oil consumption is much lower than other 2 strokes. Rear skid is great and front end is still best in the business. 850 is smooth (it has no vibration like other 2 strokes and is smooth like a 4 stroke) great power band without the boat anchor feel of a 4 stroke sled. 200 mile day on twisty trails (not rail lines) feels like nothing with this sled.

The ECU reflash was not a recall and did not apply to all 850s, mine was not affected.

The other 850 that occasionally rides with us also has had no issues and has close to 2000 miles on it. Original plugs and belt for him as well. No bog, no starting issues.

Im sure there may be some turds (they sold a ton of the 850 engine models) but the ones my dealer sold have all been good and any I’ve met on the trail have also had no issues.

No complaints from me and I’d recommend the Poo 850 engine without hesitation. 

Edited by Allison Burgers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

How come you didn,t answer the questions I asked, about your brothers 850 ? LOL

Hey Poncho, from your evasive answer, I take it your brother does have all the issues I mentioned above, but being a Polaris loyalist, you just didn,t want to speak badly about a Polaris product with issues. LOL 

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Poncho, from your evasive answer, I take it your brother does have all the issues I mentioned above, but being a Polaris loyalist, you just didn,t want to speak badly about a Polaris product with issues. LOL 

Best you go back and read the email chain......you will figured it out....maybe...lol

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So would I like to know the root cause.  Apparently you're not supposed to use the brakes.

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Only on a Frosty 4 smoke.....

Well when you ride like a grandpa, brakes are truly optional.....:news:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Allison Burgers said:

No bog, no starting issues, no fouled plugs...nothing...almost 1700 miles, original plugs, original belt. Fuel mileage is very good, oil consumption is much lower than other 2 strokes. Rear skid is great and front end is still best in the business. 850 is smooth (it has no vibration like other 2 strokes and is smooth like a 4 stroke) great power band without the boat anchor feel of a 4 stroke sled. 200 mile day on twisty trails (not rail lines) feels like nothing with this sled.

The ECU reflash was not a recall and did not apply to all 850s, mine was not affected.

The other 850 that occasionally rides with us also has had no issues and has close to 2000 miles on it. Original plugs and belt for him as well. No bog, no starting issues.

Im sure there may be some turds (they sold a ton of the 850 engine models) but the ones my dealer sold have all been good and any I’ve met on the trail have also had no issues.

No complaints from me and I’d recommend the Poo 850 engine without hesitation. 

I have had one set of plugs foul at 600 miles and noticed after long hard fast runs of 80-90mph for a few miles when I come to a rest it stays loaded up for a few seconds. I'm still going to have the reflash done because it's supposed to idle and start better.

2300 miles on now. 

30 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I have had one set of plugs foul at 600 miles and noticed after long hard fast runs of 80-90mph for a few miles when I come to a rest it stays loaded up for a few seconds. I'm still going to have the reflash done because it's supposed to idle and start better.

2300 miles on now. 

Never had any issues starting, idling or at any times so I’m not going to do the reflash. Have read the SA and it should help for issues like you describe though. 

Post in this thread if you see any other changes after the reflash.

Thanks

57 minutes ago, Allison Burgers said:

Never had any issues starting, idling or at any times so I’m not going to do the reflash. Have read the SA and it should help for issues like you describe though. 

Post in this thread if you see any other changes after the reflash.

Thanks

:bc: