Polaris 850

Slow Joe

On 2/17/2019 at 10:49 AM, Poncho said:

Did you actually buy a Fusion?

50th anniversary edition Poncho which was a to me good handling sled liked the chassis for its time,clutch and belt reliability was not good at all some suspension issues,engine worked OK till about the two thousand mile mark, not the best sled Ive owned but not the worse either, getting rid of it was a nightmare no dealer wanted to touch it or the offer was insulting so had numerous updates done and rode it out the next year sold it privately took a bath and moved on,meanwhile one of the other guys in the group had a Indy 650 with 18 k miles on it LOL.  

And yea Poncho oddly enough I have seen at least three Fusions in my travels this year still plunking along LOL,bi annual or so Quebec trip on deck at the moment general garage meeting today beverages and  layin plans hope the weather stays decent and doesn't snow five feet and drop to 40 below.Joe

27 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

meanwhile one of the other guys in the group had a Indy 650 with 18 k miles on it LOL.  

Hard to kill the piston port 650 Fuji if you took care of it. I see most 650's on kijiji are low mileage units.... Usually 5K's just not sure how long the speedo has been disconnected or the number of times it been replaced......Oh and now on its seventh owner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bladefever said:

.Oh and now on its seventh owner.

Ya I have always had ultimate faith in the Fuji and was apprehensive when it was dropped hence my inquires on the 850 there has been some teething issues since the switch,but some of the engines have been rock solid another fella in the group who is mechanically absent drove his XC 700 like it was stolen for years and had little to no problems as i recall a stator once but it had a ton of miles on it and was a bit of a rat sled.Joe

4 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

50th anniversary edition Poncho which was a to me good handling sled liked the chassis for its time,clutch and belt reliability was not good at all some suspension issues,engine worked OK till about the two thousand mile mark, not the best sled Ive owned but not the worse either, getting rid of it was a nightmare no dealer wanted to touch it or the offer was insulting so had numerous updates done and rode it out the next year sold it privately took a bath and moved on,meanwhile one of the other guys in the group had a Indy 650 with 18 k miles on it LOL.  

I forgot they even made a 50th Anniversary Edtion Fusion..lol.....yep, I had the same problem with my Mach, no Doo dealer would touch it, ton of updates on it too....

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

Same here. I actually liked the ergos of my Fusion, never hated the sled but it was a let down in the dependability department. Small things were always going wrong. 13 trips to the dealer for recalls and failures inside of 2 years. Traded it where I bought it because no one else would take it. I paid $11000 for it, I got $5400 on trade against a Switchback 600 CFI at $10400. Dealer sold it at auction cause he didn't want it going through the store. He said he got $3500 for it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Same here. I actually liked the ergos of my Fusion, never hated the sled but it was a let down in the dependability department. Small things were always going wrong. 13 trips to the dealer for recalls and failures inside of 2 years. Traded it where I bought it because no one else would take it. I paid $11000 for it, I got $5400 on trade against a Switchback 600 CFI at $10400. Dealer sold it at auction cause he didn't want it going through the store. He said he got $3500 for it. 

Wow! O.o Have you purchased another Polaris since, Tim? 

24 minutes ago, Reevester said:

2000 miles. I absolutely love this fucking thing. :ylsuper:

73HJROR.jpg

Glad to hear, Reevester. :bc:

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Same here on my 50th . 

• Like 1

Great ride today, 850 has 1600 plus, same plugs, same belt, no snags. Ran from Griffith to Bancroft via Weslemkoon (thanks for the info Tinker) returned south from Bancroft to Gilmour back to Weslemkoon to Effingham and trail to Irvine Lake and back via Mazinaw trails and Madawaska River to my place. 220 miles today.  Best ride this year, my buddy drove my brothers 15 AXYS

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:56 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Frosty gonna spring order the 880?

When you are use to riding a 4 stroke, with 240 HP on tap, and tons of torque, don,t think that one is going to cut it. And the real killer is, it,s a 2 stroke, which I would never own again. Out riding with a new 850 Poolaris the last couple of days. That thing, when you punch it at around 60 mph, is deader than a skunk that has been run over by an 18 wheeler. No wonder Poo has come out with a new tune for those P.O.S.. The good news is, at least we didn,t have to tow it home. And just to rub it in a little more, I get about 4-5 liters better gas mileage on every fill-up. That,s got them scratching their heads a little. LOL

5 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

When you are use to riding a 4 stroke, with 240 HP on tap, and tons of torque, don,t think that one is going to cut it. And the real killer is, it,s a 2 stroke, which I would never own again. Out riding with a new 850 Poolaris the last couple of days. That thing, when you punch it at around 60 mph, is deader than a skunk that has been run over by an 18 wheeler. No wonder Poo has come out with a new tune for those P.O.S.. The good news is, at least we didn,t have to tow it home. And just to rub it in a little more, I get about 4-5 liters better gas mileage on every fill-up. That,s got them scratching their heads a little. LOL

Good for you Frosty, my reliable cat went down yesterday, but the Elka front shock upgrade is the cats meow.

20 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

That's a lot of power for an old guy like you. Good to hear it gets good mileage, as you are on a fixed income......😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Yeah ok you geriatric old cunt. You've done nothing and gone nowhere. 

Lieing on the internet to a bunch of guys that actually ride snowmobiles has got to be the most weakminded thing I have ever seen. Go lay down Abe. 

Edited by Reevester
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

When you are use to riding a 4 stroke, with 240 HP on tap, and tons of torque, don,t think that one is going to cut it.

I'm sure my 73 440 Silver Bullet that runs on spray would be all over ya..... Just need to grease up my boogie wheels and put on the low windshield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Brake system complete failure.  Cause not known.  Should be back this weekend.  Shit happens, except to Frosty.

You don,t need brakes on a 4 stroke, IF you know how to drive. What great Cat do you own ? I agree they are all junk. Some just become junk much quicker than others.  Not much to a brake system. Can you not figure out where the problem is ? Lots of poolaris panties knotted up in a bunch this weekend. Hopefully it,s the rainy weather cause the itch.

How many other poolaris owners have the 60 mph bog, when you try to accelerate from that speed at around 5000 to 5500 RPM ? And don,t be shy about telling the truth, it won,t hurt.

And, WTF is the humungous rattle with the starter every time you try and start the poolaris 850 sleds ?

Sounds like someone rattling a can of marbles.

Edited by Frostynuts