Polaris 850

Slow Joe

2 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

You gave him the Polaris...………………………..

No, but we share all of them and swap, he likes the 600 Rush setup.  We both ride the Indy, just trying to get them all dialed in now.  Cat's stock shock pressure was about 55 PSI when we rode it on Sat, so I increased it but still want to change those out.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, but we share all of them and swap, he likes the 600 Rush setup.  We both ride the Indy, just trying to get them all dialed in now.  Cat's stock shock pressure was about 55 PSI when we rode it on Sat, so I increased it but still want to change those out.

ah ok. didn't know you still had the 600. 

34 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

ah ok. didn't know you still had the 600. 

Also put a new mill in the 2012 Poo Adventure last year we just got broken in.

Sometimes the cost of keeping employees happy with sharing your passions isn't that much after all.

Finished off the weekend, great rides on Thursday and Friday, almost 600 miles, however; today we had an ETEC down. . Towed it back with the trusty Polaris. The last doo I towed was my buddies MachZ. Anyway, today the ride was cut short. Fun but too bad for my buddy Doo rider. 

IMG_2222.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poncho said:

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Tell your bro, he can fag up that sled with the best Skidoo accessories.

Another decent ride yesterday, brought an old high school buddy riding.   Lunch stop at H&H restaurant.

Still no Poo meltdown.

CatandPoo.thumb.jpg.5dbf41b681893dee6bead16a604ee2de.jpg

• Like 2

Funny all three sleds, the 600, 800 and the 850 are close in fuel burn, the 850 the best, 600 burnt the most.  FTR all are the same efficiency as my old 1200, so I’m happy with that.....my buddies ETEC had the best mileage on this trip...lol

173C3E65-6094-41A5-AA75-4C411CB9AEEE.jpeg

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Funny all three sleds, the 600, 800 and the 850 are close in fuel burn, the 850 the best, 600 burnt the most.  FTR all are the same efficiency as my old 1200, so I’m happy with that.....my buddies ETEC had the best mileage on this trip...lol

LOL...since when does the smallest CC & tracked sled tow the one that went down?!?!

I wonder why the 6 had the worst mileage....must have had something dragging it down....:lol:

Edited by Stoney
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Poncho said:

The 850 gas mileage is definately better than the Cat, but not really important to me.  

We took the adolescent Poo out for a ride Sun morning, stop at Memories.

PooandPoo.thumb.jpg.1cdc7ec3225c5fa183501b64190e8064.jpg

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

LOL...since when does the smallest CC & tracked sled tow the one that went down?!?!

I wonder why the 6 had the worst mileage....must have had something dragging it down....:lol:

We only needed to pull it a mile or so, we were on the rail line just east of Renfrew when it went down.    

We rode from Griffith, Eganville, Dacre, Renfrew, Cobden for lunch at the Westway back via Renfrew, Calabogie and trail to Black Donald Lake to Centennial 170 miles. That 850 is still running, sorry Slowjoe and Frosty..... almost 1400 miles now....

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

Edited by Poncho

Not sure what you say sorry for Poncho all along I was just wanting to know how the sled was performing and your thoughts glad to hear that it has been flawless not always the case with new models regardless of manufacturers,i have been Guinea pigged more than once in my time of buying sleds from different brands.Joe

19 minutes ago, Poncho said:

sorry Slowjoe

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

We rode from Griffith, Eganville, Dacre, Renfrew, Cobden for lunch at the Westway back via Renfrew, Calabogie and trail to Black Donald Lake to Centennial 170 miles. That 850 is still running, sorry Slowjoe and Frosty..... almost 1400 miles now....

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

You make the trek every weekend to your place to ride?

Good for you.....I recall it being a bit of a drive!

1 hour ago, Slow Joe said:

Not sure what you say sorry for Poncho all along I was just wanting to know how the sled was performing and your thoughts glad to hear that it has been flawless not always the case with new models regardless of manufacturers,i have been Guinea pigged more than once in my time of buying sleds from different brands.Joe

Sorry to hear about being Guinea pigged, you should just stick with Hamsters....lol

LOL got ya well I have nothing against your choice of sleds and big twin 2 strokes are a great choice and getting popular again its another round and Iam glad to hear very little issues with all the brands for the most part,iam not done buying sleds yet so following the threads about the new big bore units out there is helpful in the next choice not having this option years ago it was a bit hit and miss when buying a new intro my choice in the winter of 04/05 when a 900 cc looked like the answer with the decal on the side Fusion left me weary of buying anything first year.Joe 

21 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

LOL got ya well I have nothing against your choice of sleds and big twin 2 strokes are a great choice and getting popular again its another round and Iam glad to hear very little issues with all the brands for the most part,iam not done buying sleds yet so following the threads about the new big bore units out there is helpful in the next choice not having this option years ago it was a bit hit and miss when buying a new intro my choice in the winter of 04/05 when a 900 cc looked like the answer with the decal on the side Fusion left me weary of buying anything first year.Joe 

Joe,

Domestic cars were mostly all shit in the 90's as well.  Sometimes you just gotta move on.:thumb:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

Funny I saw a couple of Fusions yesterday in Renfrew. I went through the same with my 05 Mach Z, fortunately mine worked well my buddies not so, fuel pump, clutch and some other things. He sold it and the proud new owner spun the crank out of it. Did you actually buy a Fusion?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Joe,

Domestic cars were mostly all shit in the 90's as well.  Sometimes you just gotta move on.:thumb:

Lol , ya ok . 

No one keeps anything long enough to say it is better than before . 

Everyone is giving reports of how great they’re shit is at low km .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Lol , ya ok . 

No one keeps anything long enough to say it is better than before . 

Everyone is giving reports of how great they’re shit is at low km .

We always bought new and kept them for as long as we could and lived through major mechanical issues with GM and Fords.

Our 90's Japs would still be on the road if I kept up with the Krown sprays, they were bullet, but they don't make them like than anymore.

Today they are all pretty good so buy what you want.

FYI, buyer beware, wife's 2010 and brothers 2014 Sante Fe's are complete POS's.:lol: