Morphine is amazing

Back home. Gall bladder is enlarged but no stones. Cat scan was normal. Have to go for a GI when I get an appointment.  ER Dr thinks it could be an ulcer or pancreatitis. Seems weird, spicey food never bothers my gut. Second time to the ER in 2 weeks for abdominal pain. Last time they told me it was pancreatitis because my sugar was way up and I was informed I have type 2 diabetes. My sugars been normal because I am eating better the last couple weeks I'm on a low-carb diet and I've lost 12 lbs. With good exercise and the right diet I should not need to take the diabetes medicine after a while. I hope.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Had it twice while in the hospital one time and after the second dose I said no more. I surprised myself with that decision but the rebound headache was just over the top. 

6 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Back home. Gall bladder is enlarged but no stones. Cat scan was normal. Have to go for a GI when I get an appointment.  ER Dr thinks it could be an ulcer or pancreatitis. Seems weird, spicey food never bothers my gut. Second time to the ER in 2 weeks for abdominal pain. Last time they told me it was pancreatitis because my sugar was way up and I was informed I have type 2 diabetes. My sugars been normal because I am eating better the last couple weeks I'm on a low-carb diet and I've lost 12 lbs. With good exercise and the right diet I should not need to take the diabetes medicine after a while. I hope.

Diverticulitis? I assume you've had a colonoscopy done? https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/understanding-diverticulitis-basics  

Edited by irv

• Platinum Contributing Member

Had it for pleurisy once.  IV drip with your own push button.   Damn that stuff is good and easy to see how those prone to addiction get hooked.    

19 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I was taking every 4 hours for a week. Last two days I'd feel like crap for 2 of the 4 hours. It was withdrawal!

Yeah I hate it. felt like bugs were crawling all over me. had a pretty good headache this morning too. minor compared to the pain I was in last night.

Edited by GreenStreak

12 hours ago, xcr700 said:

I was on morphine for a week after an operation.  People who say you hallucinate are full of shit. Makes you sleep. Like black out sleep ,no dreams . No pain tho lol 

I gotta disagree  they shot me up with M when i shattered my noggin and i watched my sister and a buddy float around the room while i laughed my ass off. i did pass out about ten minutes into it  ,but  then i woke up later in the middle of surgery!??    

1 hour ago, old indy said:

I gotta disagree  they shot me up with M when i shattered my noggin and i watched my sister and a buddy float around the room while i laughed my ass off. i did pass out about ten minutes into it  ,but  then i woke up later in the middle of surgery!??    

Lol. I guess it effects people differently.  I just black out when its sleep time and was just dazed during the day lol.