Heated gloves

Poncho

No personal experience here Poncho but one of the fellas in our group has had a pair not sure of the make for a couple or so seasons and swears by them,although on longer trips in the cold of January the battery,s bite the dust half way through the day given that battery tech is improving daily things may be much improved but when the time comes that circulation gets bad enough for me to warrant a pair for my purposes I would want a pair that would tie into the machines electrics for long hauls in the cold depends I guess on your riding style.Joe

I have no exp on heated gloves and the wife and I have thrown away money trying to find a pair that's warm and comfortable. The best pair to date is the Pro Max (royal brand) that I paid $60 years ago. I turn the warmers off once they've warmed up and only had to leave them on once when it was -42. It's a good thing I have a spare new pair when this pair gives up

I know guys hate em but I have a pair of semi rigid doo muffs and only wear light racing style gloves all year, in the warm spring could wear no glocpves with them if you wanted to I wish I had tried them years ago on I think year 4 with them never going without them especially in frigid weather 

16 hours ago, Garrettv said:

I know guys hate em but I have a pair of semi rigid doo muffs and only wear light racing style gloves all year, in the warm spring could wear no glocpves with them if you wanted to I wish I had tried them years ago on I think year 4 with them never going without them especially in frigid weather 

I used to do the same thing. I wore motocross gloves all winter.

I have a pair of heated gloves from HMK to try out this year.  A little less than the FXR.  I have always like the HMK brand for quality.

Hope to keep my hands warm until the bar warmers can catch up.  My sled has an electric oil pump so the bar warmer don't turn on until the motor is at a higher rpm.

Surprisingly, you order them through the Canadian tire website and they ship them to the closet Canadian Tire store.

Price is $200.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Poncho, just seen a thread on HCS re heated gloves. It,s titled ELECTRIC GLOVES. Check them out.

A guy from Winterpeg, who posted on that link, swears by the FXR Recon.......if anyone knows cold it’s a dude from Manitoba....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Picked up a set of Power Madd muffs a few years ago. Work great on those cold days. Always carry them in my tail bag. 

My tail bag doesn’t ride anymore......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Fluffy said:

My sled has an electric oil pump so the bar warmer don't turn on until the motor is at a higher rpm.

Really I have never heard of that what years did they do that on,is this something that is still being done?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The dude from Manitoba knows shit.......-25 last weekend...fingers froze even with the FXR Recons and deflectors and handlebar heat. Recons are great if you heat the back of your hand.  Nothing in the palm or fingers....don’t buy them, Winterpeg dude was so wrong...I guess it’s just me...mits next

27 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The dude from Manitoba knows shit.......-25 last weekend...fingers froze even with the FXR Recons and deflectors and handlebar heat. Recons are great if you heat the back of your hand.  Nothing in the palm or fingers....don’t buy them, Winterpeg dude was so wrong...I guess it’s just me...mits next

Maybe it is time for that extra tall windshield.....

I do not I could stand riding with mitts, I just cannot see having the same control. I have been thinking about getting those Doo muffs, if I actually get out this year and I find my hands not warm, I might break down. I have a really good pair of Klim gloves too that use to work great, but ever since my hands got too cold that one year in QC, my hands just are not the same when it comes to the cold.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I just got the klim fusions and they are great. -20 Saturday and Sunday morning and I didnt even have to put the muffs on. They make a nice Mitt too poncho. 

Maybe the Fusions have improved but those are the gloves my buddy purchased and he near froze his hands off. Costco, for what's it worth, has their Head gloves on for $20 bucks again. What did you pay for your Fusions? I see them listed at $189.00!! >:(https://ty4stroke.com/threads/best-gloves.139650/ 

Edited by irv

29 minutes ago, irv said:

Maybe the Fusions have improved but those are the gloves my buddy purchased and he near froze his hands off. Costco, for what's it worth, has their Head gloves on for $20 bucks again. What did you pay for your Fusions? I see them listed at $189.00!! >:(https://ty4stroke.com/threads/best-gloves.139650/ 

He should have just bought Yamaha brand gloves. I'm just lieing they are terrible. The costco gloves are great for shoveling for sure too. 

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

He should have just bought Yamaha brand gloves. I'm just lieing they are terrible. The costco gloves are great for shoveling for sure too. 

He rode an Arctic Cat. That was just a quick find doing a search looking for Fusion glove reviews. I like the Costco gloves for warmth but I find them too bulky for riding. Make a great backup pair however so I always throw a pair in my truck.