Fucking Cat 1000

f7ben

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

my old 800 MXZ was a fucker to pull over when cold, even with 8000 miles on it:guzzle:

I've owned and ridden probably 40-50 sleds in the last 15 years......none come close to this and that includes many mods and big bore sleds 

4 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

A 900 turbo would be easy to start. :snack: 

Yah.....and I'd only have to do it once because I would ghost ride that slow ass piece of shit into a fucking tree

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

You see buddy snared a big cougar up in the porcs

that thing is awesome.  i told a few at work a cougar was caught.  they thought i was talking about them

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

What is that in American..........  Hahaha

fuck merica

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

tracks usa will cut what you want 13.5 wide but no reason to when the stiff sno pro tracks work great

Yeah it’s a good all around track 

the issue with the firecats is for racing. You have to run a commercially available track and no cutting or trimming allowed 

1 minute ago, GreenStreak said:

Try loosening both plugs, put the wires on and start it. Then tighten the plugs with a open end wrench after it starts.

I'd rather not rattle the plugs in the thread like that. It was easy to start off the primary. I'll be doing that from now on

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd rather not rattle the plugs in the thread like that. It was easy to start off the primary. I'll be doing that from now on

I didnt mean that loose. Break them loose  screw them out a little bit and then screw them in finger tight, then  back em out 1/8 turn. Oh well, it won't hurt the threads.

2 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I didnt mean that loose. Break them loose  screw them out a little bit and then screw them in finger tight, then  back em out 1/8 turn. Oh well, it won't hurt the threads.

How much compression would that bleed by? 

Either way it's a fucking nightmare to get to the plugs on these things. Almost gotta take the fucking pipe off

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some of the older poo 800’s were shipped with high compression heads. They’d measure at 150psi and be a real bitch to start cold. The trick was to roll it over real slow 3-4x and then giver. Worked like a charm. 

I had to start my 03 Pro X 800 off the recoil for an entire weekend when it never got above 10 degrees, that was fun.

It was 20 below the one morning and I rolled the primary like 10 times before I even tried to start it.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah it’s a good all around track 

the issue with the firecats is for racing. You have to run a commercially available track and no cutting or trimming allowed 

It’s a snopro track I got off craigslist for $300, under 500 miles on it. 

D529FFC2-BA68-46F8-8C04-17C45487833E.jpeg

0756C6CF-3DB2-4716-8D91-067D0139A3A1.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

I found a more rounded edge aluminum handle made pair of em I owned much easier to pull over when cold. When dead nutz cold, most of them need just the slightest crack of the throttle before they'll start, if not, will flood hard, the F8s tended to need the same slight bit of throttle cold.

every cat I have ever owned needed the throttle cracked just a bit when cold . 

always take off a glove stick a finger of it between throttle and block and pull.  hundereds of times in my life lol 

18 hours ago, Anler said:

Vince is probably up in the yoop right now, havent heard from him but Im thinking he would have to be on the far north shore to have any decent snow. Most reports I have seen havent been very good. 

Yes he is.  I think until tomorrow or Monday? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, jammin said:

wollie bought a 900 T.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s slow ass enough for me!  :lol: 

I know Ben and some others want 6000 HP and 150 MPH....fuck all that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

It's not me lol.... nobody can start the fucker and everyone that has tried swears there is something wrong with it

Pull the plugs, and give it a yank. Is it still hard to pull over, or not ? The results of that simple test should point you in the right direction. Have you removed the recoil, and checked it to make sure it moves nice and free ?

Edited by Frostynuts

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Pull the plugs, and give it a yank. Is it still hard to pull over, or not ? The results of that simple test should point you in the right direction. 

I checked compression when I bought it. It was dead on with stock numbers