Fucking Cat 1000

f7ben

Is going to kill me. Motherfucker is almost impossible to start when cold.

There are 3 other 1000s in my group and they pull over with half the effort mine does when cold. 

I've read of other engines being dicks like this one. 

It's either piece together a cobbled m6/f1000 restart kit or sell the motherfucker. 

f7ben = owned

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

I found a more rounded edge aluminum handle made pair of em I owned much easier to pull over when cold. When dead nutz cold, most of them need just the slightest crack of the throttle before they'll start, if not, will flood hard, the F8s tended to need the same slight bit of throttle cold.

• Gold Member

Fuck Ben...  it’s time to shit and get off the pot and quit fucking around...  you need to buy a Yamaha sidewinder or a zr 9000 and finally have a decent sled you can live with.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

Fuck Ben...  it’s time to shit and get get off the pot and quit fucking around...  you need to buy a Yamaha sidewinder or a zr 9000 and finally have a decent sled you can live with.

I already have the best turbo cat built in my garage. Why would I buy a procross abortion?

after yanking my 800  over one morning at -30 i decided there will be no more non es sleds for me.  that thing prob had 1/3 more hours on it than needed over the 2 seasons i had it because i just didn;t want to shut it off and yank it.  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There are 3 other 1000s in my group and they pull over with half the effort mine does when cold. 

It's either piece together a cobbled m6/f1000 restart kit or sell the motherfucker. 

f7ben = owned

The 2000 Mach I just bought had some fuel seeping into the center cylinder.   God damn near broke my hand a month ago trying to start it.   My right bird finger is still swollen as fuck.   Anything remotely new I buy anymore has ES.

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, ZRSledhead said:

I found a more rounded edge aluminum handle made pair of em I owned much easier to pull over when cold. When dead nutz cold, most of them need just the slightest crack of the throttle before they'll start, if not, will flood hard, the F8s tended to need the same slight bit of throttle cold.

The handle definately sucks. It's not a fuel issue. When it's cold I cant even get the motor to roll over 2 times on a pull. 

I cant believe I havent destroyed the recoil

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, dz246 said:

@Jimmy Snacks is probably about ready to buy another sled...

:lol:

I had a Crossfire 1000 and had no problem starting it......apparently noodle arms needs to curl more than 12oz at a time!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

after yanking my 800  over one morning at -30 i decided there will be no more non es sleds for me.  that thing prob had 1/3 more hours on it than needed over the 2 seasons i had it because i just didn;t want to shut it off and yank it.  

Haha! Electric start an reverse are pretty much required at this stage of the game. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I really love this sled but it would cost me over $500 to put together an estart kit. It's not worth putting that money into it

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a Crossfire 1000 and had no problem starting it......apparently noodle arms needs to curl more than 12oz at a time!!!!!!!!

I've had several and there are 3 in my current group. This one is a freak.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I really love this sled but it would cost me over $500 to put together an estart kit. It's not worth putting that money into it

i lived with mine for 2 seasons and just took it as a lesson going forward.  both the 16's i've bought since had ES

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

f7ben = owned

Suck it up you weakling. I rope started an old Peterbuilt with one arm tied behind my back yesterday.

PANSY

lol  :)

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i lived with mine for 2 seasons and just took it as a lesson going forward.  both the 16's i've bought since had ES

It's a 3rd sled for me and it's the one that's bone stock. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Suck it up you weakling. I rope started an old Peterbuilt with one arm tied behind my back yesterday.

PANSY

lol  :)

I'm going to wrap a strap around the clutch this morning and have the wife help me. In guessing with two of us pulling it will only take 3 pulls

My buddy gave up his 1000 crossfire for this reason. He’s got 2 fake hips and just couldn’t do it. I started that thing for him many times. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's a 3rd sled for me and it's the one that's bone stock. 

I'm going to wrap a strap around the clutch this morning and have the wife help me. In guessing with two of us pulling it will only take 3 pulls

Your pecker or the sled?

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

My buddy gave up his 1000 crossfire for this reason. He’s got 2 fake hips and just couldn’t do it. I started that thing for him many times. 

Like I said. They are hard pulling but this motherfucker has something assembled tighter and a stronger mag or god k ows what or why. It's a freak