Check your account email address ×

2019 truck of the year

• Platinum Contributing Member

My first house was $80K back in 1996.   1200 sq foot range with full 2 car garage and unfinished basement.   Sold it in 2000 for 100K. 

Vehicles are the worst thing (next to sleds) we spend money on.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Wouldn't buy one of those either. I'd buy a Toyota, nice trucks. But I'd hide my face when I drove it...

Hey!  Wtf!?

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My first house was $80K back in 1996.   1200 sq foot range with full 2 car garage and unfinished basement.   Sold it in 2000 for 100K. 

Vehicles are the worst thing (next to sleds) we spend money on.   

Paid $72k for my first back in 94.  Sold it a year later for closing costs.  Lolol!

I just don’t see paying 70-80k for a god damn truck.  No fucking way!!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey!  Wtf!?

Paid $72k for my first back in 94.  Sold it a year later for closing costs.  Lolol!

I just don’t see paying 70-80k for a god damn truck.  No fucking way!!!!

Come on now got to support those UAW $150K total compensation packages. :lol:  

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Wouldn't buy one of those either. I'd buy a Toyota, nice trucks. But I'd hide my face when I drove it...

toyotas interiors are terrible and TBH i don;' think they are any more reliable than an NA motored domestic. 

Took mine in for an update 2 weeks ago and was checking them out on the showroom floor. They are really nice but the one on the showroom was $60k. I said fuck that! $73k can double fuck that! Imma drive this one till the wheels fall off. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

toyotas interiors are terrible and TBH i don;' think they are any more reliable than an NA motored domestic. 

I read an article a couple weeks ago conparing the Tundra to the rest.  Basically said it in no way matches any of the others refinements.  BUT...it was almost certainly guaranteed to last longer.

All my buddy’s new trucks are far nicer than mine.  But, IDK.

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

Took mine in for an update 2 weeks ago and was checking them out on the showroom floor. They are really nice but the one on the showroom was $60k. I said fuck that! $73k can double fuck that! Imma drive this one till the wheels fall off. 

Yeah I had trans recall and fuel tank strap recall. Got them to do mvi while there. Broken header stud. Wouldn't pass!

I was pissed! Told service manager " this is why I love my Toyotas"! NA junk! Lol

Yep $73000 + 15% sales tax! For basically a 1500 with leather. 

56 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah I had trans recall and fuel tank strap recall. Got them to do mvi while there. Broken header stud. Wouldn't pass!

I was pissed! Told service manager " this is why I love my Toyotas"! NA junk! Lol

Yep $73000 + 15% sales tax! For basically a 1500 with leather. 

Only issue i have had with this truck is the header bolt. They fixed it right away. The update was for some tail gate bullshit. 2015 Ram Big Horn and just rolled 120k. Its been a great truck. 

I test drove the 2019 Tundra Crewmax and was not impressed. Huge rear door, tiny ass bed and it seemed rather slugish driving. Thought I was at the Honda dealer looking at the Ridgeline there for a second :lol: Just couldn't do it so it'l be Ford or Chevy

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I test drove the 2019 Tundra Crewmax and was not impressed. Huge rear door, tiny ass bed and it seemed rather slugish driving. Thought I was at the Honda dealer looking at the Ridgeline there for a second :lol: Just couldn't do it so it'l be a Ford 

Atta boy! :salute:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

73k for a half ton, tranny shitting, bulb blowing, roof leaking POS that they gayed up with electric motor boosters and 12in touch screen faggotry...

Oh come on, it's not 2003 anymore, the ZF tranny is the best in the industry

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I test drove the 2019 Tundra Crewmax and was not impressed. Huge rear door, tiny ass bed and it seemed rather slugish driving. Thought I was at the Honda dealer looking at the Ridgeline there for a second :lol: Just couldn't do it so it'l be Ford or Chevy

Guy at work has a Tundra. Its a good dependable truck but yeah nothing really special about it. Kinda plain and lack luster compared to others. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Anler said:

Guy at work has a Tundra. Its a good dependable truck but yeah nothing really special about it. Kinda plain and lack luster compared to others. 

Been driving a sequoia for 2 years now. I don’t know if it does anything better than my last Tahoe. Resale is a bit better than chevys or ford. I’m happy with it.

36 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Been driving a sequoia for 2 years now. I don’t know if it does anything better than my last Tahoe. Resale is a bit better than chevys or ford. I’m happy with it.

Great vehicles, Im not saying there is anything wrong with them. They just dont seem to have the bling that some of the others have. Personally I'll take trouble free over bling. 

• Like 1

Truck of the Year in 2013 and again in 2014, first time ever for back to back wins and now Truck of the Year again in 2019. I think Ram is doing something right. :bc:

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Truck of the Year in 2013 and again in 2014, first time ever for back to back wins and now Truck of the Year again in 2019. I think Ram is doing something right. :bc:

dont really see anyone buying the eco which is i believe why they got it the second time