Wtf is with the 840 poo

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

that might be an option where you ride but not for all of us.  

Do you know how to make a clothesline between some trees? Do that and when the next group comes thru and they go flying off their sleds you jump on and ride to safety! :bigfinger:

53 minutes ago, Reevester said:

They are having issues too and you just dont hear about it because they sell about a tenth of the amount poo and doo sell. And I was on a PC for 10k miles. I guess its either a motor that falls apart or a chassis. 

Trip hub is notorious. Lately Yamaha primaries are going boom on 998s.

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Just got word. Plugged centre oil port in bottom of crankcase. Getting new motor and they don't even have a way to check if that one could be plugged as well. 

Wait wut?

Your motors fucked?

15 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Just got word. Plugged centre oil port in bottom of crankcase. Getting new motor and they don't even have a way to check if that one could be plugged as well. 

Judas Priest.....I'd want a refund, poor Poo, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot. :lmao:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That last part is not quite true.  It only takes 4psi to unseat the check valve.  A small syringe with with a rubber or oringed plunger will put out 200psi.   A little 2 stroke oil in a syringe will confirm if a check valve is plugged.  In the chassis this is a little difficult to check but on the bench before it goes in it would take under a minute to check all the oil injection ports.  

The dealer must know this?  

26 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That is on your buddies sled right?  

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That last part is not quite true.  It only takes 4psi to unseat the check valve.  A small syringe with with a rubber or oringed plunger will put out 200psi.   A little 2 stroke oil in a syringe will confirm if a check valve is plugged.  In the chassis this is a little difficult to check but on the bench before it goes in it would take under a minute to check all the oil injection ports.  

you would figure Poos going to be sending instruction like that to all dealers along with the recall notice for all the motors.  going to be real expensive if it can't be done in the sled having to yank every motor.   

26 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Wait wut?

Your motors fucked?

No a buddies. 4 off the others are all good some with 1000 miles now. 

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I told him and I know the polaris tech is one of the best here so it seems strange. 

• Like 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

Polaris VES gold oil added to the gas tank will help I heard in a ratio of 10:1.  Saves the motor

10 to 1?!  That will get spendy in a hurry AND probably run like shit.  I’m honestly a bit perplexed about these 850 issues.  The AXYS 800 had a great reputation going on its 4th or 5th season for reliability.  I had 2 of them and put on over 5000 miles on them.  Then mine puked,  For as of yet unnamed reasons.  But without having read much on the new 850, how much different is it actually from an 800?

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

10 to 1?!  That will get spendy in a hurry AND probably run like shit.  I’m honestly a bit perplexed about these 850 issues.  The AXYS 800 had a great reputation going on its 4th or 5th season for reliability.  I had 2 of them and put on over 5000 miles on them.  Then mine puked,  For as of yet unnamed reasons.  But without having read much on the new 850, how much different is it actually from an 800?

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you would figure Poos going to be sending instruction like that to all dealers along with the recall notice for all the motors.  going to be real expensive if it can't be done in the sled having to yank every motor.   

It's not really that difficult in the chassis.  You just have to take the throttle body off.  A good tech should be able to complete the test on all the check valves and have the sled back together in 30 minutes or less.  

A full recall sounds bad but it's a whole lot less expensive that dozens of blown cranks.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's not really that difficult in the chassis.  You just have to take the throttle body off.  A good tech should be able to complete the test on all the check valves and have the sled back together in 30 minutes or less.  

A full recall sounds bad but it's a whole lot less expensive that dozens of blown cranks.  

I guess their going on the notion of if it hasn't seized or has oil all over the belly pan then you should be g2g. Lots seem to be going just fine. Something obviously got fucked up on the line. 

26 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Polaris VES gold oil added to the gas tank will help I heard in a ratio of 10:1.  Saves the motor

Ummmm. No.  Oil added to the fuel goes right out the exhaust on a fuel injected motor like the CFI.  It barely even lubricates the top of the piston.  Nothing below the piston rings is affected by oil in the fuel.  This surely won't help with lubricating the crank.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ummmm. No.  Oil added to the fuel goes right out the exhaust on a fuel injected motor like the CFI.  It barely even lubricates the top of the piston.  Nothing below the piston rings is affected by oil in the fuel.  This surely won't help with lubricating the crank.

You have to put enough in that it seeps by the rings.  Oil burns slowly.   Maybe 8:1 is better.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You have to put enough in that it seeps by the rings.  Oil burns slowly.   Maybe 8:1 is better.

You can't be serious? Even old dirt bikes ran at 32-1. Like has been mentioned, I doubt the thing would even run. 

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope, do not run pre-mix in your tank.  from the Polaris break-in info.....

for break-in period it is essential that the engine is rich in fuel, as well as running the recommended oil in the oil tank.  That doesn't mean mixing the two, quite the contrary, do not add oil in gasoline because this addition will have the effect of reducing the richness of gasoline.  Run supreme, no oil in the tank, Polaris also state it is beneficial to ride in ETHANOL mode for the first 300kms.  They want the break-in period in richer mode from a fuel stand point.  Ethanol mode makes the engine consume much richer that the NON-ETHANOL mode. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, irv said:

You can't be serious? Even old dirt bikes ran at 32-1. Like has been mentioned, I doubt the thing would even run. 

You think ATF would be better???  maybe mix that with some Polaris gold?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

You think ATF would be better???  maybe mix that with some Polaris gold?

Are you being serious?  No fuel additive will help the crank, crank bearings, rod bearings, wristpin bearings or waterpump shaft in a CFI motor.  This is a fact.  

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Nope, do not run pre-mix in your tank.  from the Polaris break-in info.....

for break-in period it is essential that the engine is rich in fuel, as well as running the recommended oil in the oil tank.  That doesn't mean mixing the two, quite the contrary, do not add oil in gasoline because this addition will have the effect of reducing the richness of gasoline.  Run supreme, no oil in the tank, Polaris also state it is beneficial to ride in ETHANOL mode for the first 300kms.  They want the break-in period in richer mode from a fuel stand point.  Ethanol mode makes the engine consume much richer that the NON-ETHANOL mode. 

No. That was the biggest issue with them flooding. I ran in non-ethanol for the first few hours and have had zero issue with plugs or fouling up. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Are you being serious?  No fuel additive will help the crank, crank bearings, rod bearings, wristpin bearings or waterpump shaft in a CFI motor.  This is a fact.  

Would some healthy shots of WD 40 or triflow work in the spark plug holes before putting it to bed???  That way it would penetrate to the bottom end over night lubing the crank for the next days ride?

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1