So I wasn't born an Afghani - Liberal MP

ArcticCrusher

Career opportunity It was as she in now a MP in Canada and on the gravy train.

who would have thought?

Pretty sad when our elected officials making policy decisions that impact our lifes have no business or financial experience.  Look at Trudeau, Wynne.  Both teachers who have never allowed a tax payer dollar to go unspent.

9 hours ago, Sksman said:

who would have thought?

Pretty sad when our elected officials making policy decisions that impact our lifes have no business or financial experience.  Look at Trudeau, Wynne.  Both teachers who have never allowed a tax payer dollar to go unspent.

Monsef is the "poster child" for this. Her CV is incredibly thin. How anyone would think she was a worthy candidate & would make a good MP, I have no idea. It would be interesting to see the polling station results. I'm pretty sure outside of Ptbo, the CPC candidate won the polls. She went after the student vote & got it. Now we're stuck w/ an MP as bad as, if not worse than the used car salesman Del Mastro.

Agreed. Del Mastro had dug a giant hole for the Consertatives and Monsef picked up a lot of NDP support as well from the anti Harper sentiment. She sure did not get elected on merit. I still have not met anyone outside the city of Peterborough that voted Liberal 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

Agreed. Del Mastro had dug a giant hole for the Consertatives and Monsef picked up a lot of NDP support as well from the anti Harper sentiment. She sure did not get elected on merit. I still have not met anyone outside the city of Peterborough that voted Liberal 

Killer, Failmaker, Irv. 

30 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

They tend to lie.

2 hours ago, Pt3189 said:

I still have not met anyone outside the city of Peterborough that voted Liberal 

I would think it would be hard for a person that was gainfully employed to support anyone that has skated from 1 public service job to another year after year. Discussing her w/ a friend and I said her longest time at a single job was administrative assistant @ Trent U. "So yo're saying she was a secretary?" was his reply. I just shrugged my shoulders. Oh & she ran a window washing franchise for a year.

Guess in the Canadian Business Hall of Fame she should rank up there w/ RS McLaughlin & Timothy Eaton.

20 hours ago, Sksman said:

who would have thought?

so you are suggesting that only someone that has run a business  is worthy of being a MP or MPP?  would that be any business?  except a window washing company doesn't count, what else is off the list? Convenience store owner?

So lets say a person has only had one job in his life time, lets say a 'mail clerk' would they be qualified to do the job and have your complete support :lol: oh wait what if that person took a course in University that would make them more than qualified right?  oh unless they teach that subject for a living than they wouldn't be.

Pretty funny

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

I would think it would be hard for a person that was gainfully employed to support anyone that has skated from 1 public service job to another year after year. Discussing her w/ a friend and I said her longest time at a single job was administrative assistant @ Trent U. "So yo're saying she was a secretary?" was his reply. I just shrugged my shoulders. Oh & she ran a window washing franchise for a year.

Guess in the Canadian Business Hall of Fame she should rank up there w/ RS McLaughlin & Timothy Eaton.

Not sure why anyone who is successful would want to enter politics.  With the exception of a few most are failures in their private careers, she just ranks up there as one of the ultimate failures.  The fact she would need a franchise to do something like washing windows just goes to show how little motivation she truly has.

The only people with less motivation would be those living off of family trusts, like oh wait . . .

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you are suggesting that only someone that has run a business  is worthy of being a MP or MPP?  would that be any business?  except a window washing company doesn't count, what else is off the list? Convenience store owner?

So lets say a person has only had one job in his life time, lets say a 'mail clerk' would they be qualified to do the job and have your complete support :lol: oh wait what if that person took a course in University that would make them more than qualified right?  oh unless they teach that subject for a living than they wouldn't be.

Pretty funny

Like I have said before, its not what you do specifically, its what you do with it that counts.  Some are career politicians who raise from the ranks, others are successful in business or private/public life and now want to get into politics for reasons of their own.  She has been a complete failure up until she became the Liberal MP, her dream has finally come true.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Like I have said before, its not what you do specifically, its what you do with it that counts.  Some are career politicians who raise from the ranks, others are successful in business or private/public life and now want to get into politics for reasons of their own.  She has been a complete failure up until she became the Liberal MP, her dream has finally come true.

I wasn't even commenting on her, I was just commenting on "you have to be a business owner" bullshit being spewed daily here.  Harper did nothing his entire life other than change parties 4 times and ending up as an okay PM - that is the point

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I wasn't even commenting on her, I was just commenting on "you have to be a business owner" bullshit being spewed daily here.  Harper did nothing his entire life other than change parties 4 times and ending up as an okay PM - that is the point

No you don't have to be one and quite frankly if you have the time to juggle both, then you probably are not really needed in the business at all.

Harper did OK and Canada is in a great position today, a position many other countries envy.  Lets hope it stays that way.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No you don't have to be one and quite frankly if you have the time to juggle both, then you probably are not really needed in the business at all.

Harper did OK and Canada is in a great position today, a position many other countries envy.  Lets hope it stays that way.

Well atleast you agree Harper had ZERO experience in the REAL WORLD as you and others like to put it.  And He is a hero here on right-wing-sledder 

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Well atleast you agree Harper had ZERO experience in the REAL WORLD as you and others like to put it.  And He is a hero here on right-wing-sledder 

He was basically a career politician who did not go with the flow.  He left parties cause they did not agree with his ideology and basically jumped to startup parties and rose from there to become PM.  The path was not given to him and he took the most difficult one getting there so that in itself is worth something.  He has done a good as PM in a very difficult period of global slow growth.

That differs from Monsef who jumped to the party of least resistance and Trudeau who would still be snowboard instructor if not for his last name. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He was basically a career politician who did not go with the flow.  He left parties cause they did not agree with his ideology and basically jumped to startup parties and rose from there to become PM.  The path was not given to him and he took the most difficult one getting there so that in itself is worth something.  He has done a good as PM in a very difficult period of global slow growth.

That differs from Monsef who jumped to the party of least resistance and Trudeau who would still be snowboard instructor if not for his last name. 

:lol: wow I thought for a moment you were going to change but nope

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol: wow I thought for a moment you were going to change but nope

I tell it like it is.

Your boy Trudeau got boo'd by the youth group a few days ago for what they believe is breaking a promise and turning his back on them.  They did not like what the finance minister stated earlier that high turnovers and short term contracts among future workers both public and private will become more of the norm.  They did not like it when Harper told them the same thing and thought Trudeau would actually be able to change that.  So what is better to be straight up with people or to lie, get their hopes up and then try to let them down easy?

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I tell it like it is.

Your boy Trudeau got boo'd by the youth group a few days ago for what they believe is breaking a promise and turning his back on them.  They did not like what the finance minister stated earlier that high turnovers and short term contracts among future workers both public and private will become more of the norm.  They did not like it when Harper told them the same thing and thought Trudeau would actually be able to change that.  So what is better to be straight up with people or to lie, get their hopes up and then try to let them down easy?

Sheep want to be lied to because....

Capture1.JPG

Thinking people want the truth and find a way to deal with it. Too bad most of the population are non thinking gullible sheep.

Edited by 02sled

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I tell it like it is.

This is what should be done protest government unlike most here that lick nuts sacks of Conservatives as perfect governing.  Don't reply with that isn't what you do because its exactly what you and most here do.

The question is do you agree with Trudeau or not?

22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

This is what should be done protest government unlike most here that lick nuts sacks of Conservatives as perfect governing.  Don't reply with that isn't what you do because its exactly what you and most here do.

The question is do you agree with Trudeau or not?

I do not have time to protest and I do agree with what was said, cause it has been the reality for some time.  Trudeau was the one who lied to them and said he was going to create jobs for the youth, that is not going to happen, it does not work that way.

The one thing they can do is to encourage entrepreneurial spirit as that helps our future, however both federal and provincial governments have made it more difficult for small businesses to startup and grow.  They like to cater to the large corp by giving them more handouts, not realizing this is not where the growth and future technologies is going to come from.

As is typical the subject has wandered away from the fact that the current MP from Peterboro lied about her country of origin and there appears to be significant proof that she also lied about not knowing her true country of origin. The Truedope government has already deported a number of people since being in place for that exact same offence. But not that it has hit home with one of their own they are stalling on action and working to change the law. Minimally if Truedope had any integrity she would be suspended from her position pending an in depth investigation.... something like the senators being suspended when improprieties were brought forward.

Never did I say that only business owners qualify to be MPs. I'm saying someone w/ no experience in the private sector is a bad choice. Has she ever had to work within a budget? Has she had to deal w/ deadlines on on a project.? In case you missed it here is her resume. How being the losing mayoral candidate looks good, I don't know. Mind you she's well aware of "job churn" as mentioned by her colleague, Finance Minister. I haven't heard any explanation as to the reason for her short terms of employment, seemed to jump from 1 job to the next.

• City of Peterborough

Mayoral Candidate
    August 2014  October 2014 (3 months)
  • Fleming College

Coordinator of Diversity & Intl Student Supports; Community Engagement & Stewardship Officer

Fleming College
    2014  2014 (less than a year)
  • Peterborough Economic Development

Community Communications Consultant

Peterborough Economic Development
    2013  2013 (less than a year)
  • Outreach Coordinator

Community Foundation of Greater Peterborough
    2012  2013 (1 year)
  • New Canadians Centre

Outreach Coordinator

New Canadians Centre
    2011  2012 (1 year)
  • Immigration Portal Researcher

WelcomePeterborough.ca
    January 2011  April 2011 (4 months)
  • Trent University

Administrative Assistant

Trent University
    2007  2010 (3 years)
  • Franchise Manager

Action Window Cleaners
    2006  2007 (1 year)

- Owned and operated a successful small business in Peterborough and the Kawarthas
    - Invested time and effort in recruiting, hiring, training, and managing a crew of nine, fantastic employees
    - Expanded the client base by 30% in one year, generating over $70,000 in revenues over two summers
    - Recognized as a Success Manager by the Corporation

Volunteer Experience & Causes

• Vice President, Board of Directors (on leave)

YWCA of Peterborough and Haliburton
    2011 – Present (5 years)
  • Co-founder

Red Pashmina Campaign
    2010 – Present (6 years)Human Rights
  • Director on the Board

Ontario Public Interest Research Group

• Director

Active Minds at Trent University
    2008  2010 (2 years)Health

- Established and successfully followed through with a two-year plan to recruit volunteers, brand, market and secure an annual income of $10,000 for the student group
    - Collaborated with various groups and individuals within the Trent community to ensure effective programming and promotion
    - Developed and coordinated a series of targeted events and programs to improve students’ health and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness
    - Earned international recognition as a Five Star Chapter in North America for two consecutive years and the inaugural Leader of the Year award in 2009

Edited by revrnd

26 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Never did I say that only business owners qualify to be MPs. I'm saying someone w/ no experience in the private sector is a bad choice. Has she ever had to work within a budget? Has she had to deal w/ deadlines on on a project.? In case you missed it here is her resume. How being the losing mayoral candidate looks good, I don't know. Mind you she's well aware of "job churn" as mentioned by her colleague, Finance Minister. I haven't heard any explanation as to the reason for her short terms of employment, seemed to jump from 1 job to the next

• Franchise Manager

Action Window Cleaners
    2006  2007 (1 year)

- Owned and operated a successful small business in Peterborough and the Kawarthas
    - Invested time and effort in recruiting, hiring, training, and managing a crew of nine, fantastic employees
    - Expanded the client base by 30% in one year, generating over $70,000 in revenues over two summers
    - Recognized as a Success Manager by the Corporation

Expanded the client base by 30% in one year, generating over $70,000 in revenues over two summers

By reading this it seems it was a seasonal business over two summers but a one year window of time. Typical manipulation / misrepresentation - 30% increase in client base. In fact since she only operated as a franchise for two summers that is 15% a summer. Absolutely abysmal considering she would have started with zero client base at the start of the franchise. Nothing to brag about.

$70,000 in revenue over two summers so $35,000 revenue average each summer split by herself and nine window cleaning employees. That's a whopping $3500 per employee per summer but don't forget that $35,000 is revenue. Out of that she had take her overhead, business axes, utility expenses, liability insurance, licensing fees, WSIB premiums, government required contributions to government programs to cover OHIP, CPP, EI, those kinds of things and operating expenses such as traveling to each job and supplies for these employees so lets say $3,000 per person per summer. If you count the summer as 12 weeks June July and August that's $250 per week per person before they pay their personal income taxes. If those nine employees worked a full 40 hours that's only $6.25 per hour so they were either part time employees or she was breaking the labour laws and paying below minimum wage. Maybe they were all refugees from Afghanistan working under the table. Take this on Dragons Den and watch them tear her to shreds and say this isn't a business or an investment. That revenue is nothing and it really is nothing... especially to boast about.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Expanded the client base by 30% in one year, generating over $70,000 in revenues over two summers

By reading this it seems it was a seasonal business over two summers but a one year window of time. Typical manipulation / misrepresentation - 30% increase in client base. In fact since she only operated as a franchise for two summers that is 15% a summer. Absolutely abysmal considering she would have started with zero client base at the start of the franchise. Nothing to brag about.

$70,000 in revenue over two summers so $35,000 revenue average each summer split by herself and nine window cleaning employees. That's a whopping $3500 per employee per summer but don't forget that $35,000 is revenue. Out of that she had take her overhead, business axes, utility expenses, liability insurance, licensing fees, WSIB premiums, government required contributions to government programs to cover OHIP, CPP, EI, those kinds of things and operating expenses such as traveling to each job and supplies for these employees so lets say $3,000 per person per summer. If you count the summer as 12 weeks June July and August that's $250 per week per person before they pay their personal income taxes. If those nine employees worked a full 40 hours that's only $6.25 per hour so they were either part time employees or she was breaking the labour laws and paying below minimum wage. Maybe they were all refugees from Afghanistan working under the table. Take this on Dragons Den and watch them tear her to shreds and say this isn't a business or an investment. That revenue is nothing and it really is nothing... especially to boast about.

The 70K is the revenue generated, the franchise fees will take half of that for sure, so she is left with less than 35K for two summers of work split among 9 individuals.  Sounds like a stellar Liberal business success story, she should have taken it to the Den and watch Kevin rip her apart.

Who the heck needs to franchise a window washing business, start a company, put up signs in the neighborhood and start knock on doors to solicit business like everybody else is doing.  

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The 70K is the revenue generated, the franchise fees will take half of that for sure, so she is left with less than 35K for two summers of work split among 9 individuals.  Sounds like a stellar Liberal business success story, she should have taken it to the Den and watch Kevin rip her apart.

Who the heck needs to franchise a window washing business, start a company, put up signs in the neighborhood and start knock on doors to solicit business like everybody else is doing.  

I agree... we actually have an enterprising student in our neighbourhood. I would say he's about 15. In the summer he washes windows and cuts grass, blows and sucks up leaves in the fall and clears driveways of snow in the winter. He's looking forward to when he can drive on his own and expand the area he covers. He told me he has been saving his money to buy a small truck and utility trailer to use in his business.

He gets his cutomers by knocking on doors and leaving flyers in mail boxes. He seems to be doing quite well. I'll give him a lot more credit at 15 (he started this a couple of years ago probably 13) than someone who is in their 20's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Pretty funny

Fail its so nice to see your back.

I believe politicians should have to have some proof of business worth before Being nominated by a party to be elected.  I do not believe the largest business (the government) should be run by people with no understanding or no back ground in any industry at all  when they are responsible for setting policy that impacts our economy.  

Look at your hero Wynne.  No experience in business and crippling Ontario with stupid policy.  Unless you work for government and love it.

What valuable skills does Monsef bring to table?  Fradulant Afghani refugee claim, part time failed window washer, failed mayoral candidate, Volunter for disposed Afghan refugees in Iran, etc.  No relevant experience.  The people of Peterborough got it right once when they did not elect her as mayor.  Too bad they dropped the ball second time around.

Sorry if you think I am biased but i want people with real experience in industry setting government policy.  Why the fuck would we have a housewife from  Kenora setting economic policy?  Or a part time literature professor as Transportation minister?

Our government needs experienced professionals not feel good social experiments.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sksman said:

Or a part time literature professor as Transportation minister?

Our government needs experienced professionals not feel good social experiments.

The bold applies to that useless senile old f3ck Chiarelli who as energy minister basically insulted the A-G Bonnie Lysyk. The Toronto Star had an interview w/ him when he was minister of transport (Don't you love it when they bounce these asshats from ministry to ministry?). When asked about raising the speed limits or going after left lane bandits on the 400 series highways, he said & I quote, "I'm not a car guy."