UPS Seasonal workers get a Happy Holiday Fucking from the teamsters union

1 hour ago, Dieselgeek said:

Not even close. UPS delivery drivers and feeder (truck) drivers can make 6 figures easy, along with 3-4k a month pension after 30+ years. 

Yep. My father in law has worked for FedEx for 25 years and UPS drivers make a pretty significant amount more. His neighbor is UPS driver and definitely does better from what I've heard.

29 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Probably some bitch who just started last week and wants full time seniority pay and benefits. Do your time like everyone else with union benefits!

Essentially these seasonal employees are paying a union $500 bucks for no union representation or benefits... I don't see how they can hire anyone doing that BS.

6 hours ago, hwytohell said:

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Just looking out for the little guy.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

no surprise they are just looking to make sure their pockets get lined.  

Nobody ever said it was being a contractor as @Anler can testify.

Sheila assumed it was a mistake and the money would be refunded. In part, because Sheila, like other thousands of other seasonal part time UPS workers, signed an agreement to pay the $500 Teamsters union initiation fee in $32.00 weekly installments. But UPS told her it wasn’t a mistake. A spokesperson for UPS told the I-Team, “Local 25 reversed this long standing practice by rescinding this policy.”

For the new hires, that meant the balance of the union initiation fees and dues would be deducted in one lump sum. For Sheila, that was $490.00- nearly her entire week’s pay.

50 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Essentially these seasonal employees are paying a union $500 bucks for no union representation or benefits... I don't see how they can hire anyone doing that BS.

NO.  They paid for there books with the five hundred.   Now they are union members.   

And yes thats cheap.  Mine was 875  and 84 a month dues.

Im in the same local , 25,  just a different division .    Somthing like 12000 members strong. 

9 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

Not even close. UPS delivery drivers and feeder (truck) drivers can make 6 figures easy, along with 3-4k a month pension after 30+ years. 

If your body lasts that long and if it does it’s wrecked.

10 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

6 figures means alot of overtime. That job will take a toll on you over time. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I was a member of Local 480 Boilermakers when I worked summers at the cement plant.....forget what the dues were but I made damn good money for being an idiot on the end of a shovel and jackhammer.😂

12 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

:lmao: You missed the point :lol: 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

From delivering packages?

Taking the full union fees upfront from temp seasonal workers is bullshit.  But the union doesn't care about the workers, it cares about maintaining the union.

Edit:  Just sent this over to my wife's liberal union organizer friend.  I'll post her response.  :lol:

Edited by teamgreen02

34 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

From delivering packages?

Taking the full union fees upfront from temp seasonal workers is bullshit.  But the union doesn't care about the workers, it cares about maintaining the union.

Edit:  Just sent this over to my wife's liberal union organizer friend.  I'll post her response.  :lol:

Its the repetition like any other job.  think of how many times a day a driver steps in and out of that truck alone.    i did the holiday drivers helper thing in  91 and being new to those movements i was sore as a mutha fucka for a month,  and i was on layoff from a site development co.  far more physical than delivering packages.. or so i thought.   her story sounds very fishy to me.  taking it in one lump  just aint right imo   these people are doing this job for quick cash and getting blindsided (if it wasnt in the agreement signed)  is  wrong.

Edited by old indy

On 12/24/2018 at 9:53 PM, Dieselgeek said:

Depending on what part of country. ...the pensions vary widely.....and in some areas 25 years and 55 years old qualifies and more than 4k

On 12/25/2018 at 12:21 AM, old indy said:

On 12/25/2018 at 7:53 AM, Mainecat said:

Its a catch 22.....many develop bad backs.and knees but 30k+ steps a day is good for the heart.:bc:

On 12/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, Anler said:

6 figures means alot of overtime. That job will take a toll on you over time. 

Yup.....its OT year round 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, old indy said:

Its the repetition like any other job.  think of how many times a day a driver steps in and out of that truck alone.    i did the holiday drivers helper thing in  91 and being new to those movements i was sore as a mutha fucka for a month,  and i was on layoff from a site development co.  far more physical than delivering packages.. or so i thought.   her story sounds very fishy to me.  taking it in one lump  just aint right imo   these people are doing this job for quick cash and getting blindsided (if it wasnt in the agreement signed)  is  wrong.

It sounds like the union fee  was in the application ....just plain wrong. These temporary helpers know they are getting let go by Jan 10th at the latest....90% are let go Dec25th. 

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Depending on what part of country. ...the pensions vary widely.....and in some areas 25 years and 55 years old qualifies and more than 4k

Its a catch 22.....many develop bad backs.and knees but 30k+ steps a day is good for the heart.:bc:

Yup.....its OT year round 

It sounds like the union fee  was in the application ....just plain wrong. These temporary helpers know they are getting let go by Jan 10th at the latest....90% are let go Dec25th. 

With this fee as i said they/she are/is now union employees, and if the contract they signed says different they can file a grievance.   on top of that UPS has continuous help wanted signs and ads in my area. the Shrewsbury MA. DC is never fully manned so if she wants to work she wont be laid off.     A buddys kid was a loader at that location and in a couple months had his own route,, now hes pulling down 60k + .  i just dont buy her story.