Doo S and E Modules...SMH

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I get it...you love your sled.  I'm glad.  We need more of that here.  :bc:

I never said which philosophy is better.  I'm just saying from an engineering standpoint why they do it that way.  

I will say it being so expensive to fix a doo is why I bought a 2017 with 500 miles on $4000! $1500 in parts and it's back to brand new. 

2 minutes ago, Doorider said:

I never said which philosophy is better.  I'm just saying from an engineering standpoint why they do it that way.  

I will say it being so expensive to fix a doo is why I bought a 2017 with 500 miles on $4000! $1500 in parts and it's back to brand new. 

Yes you did.  You believe that Doos philosophy of "crumple zoning" the modules is better than an a-arm bending.  I don't think I could find anybody else that could agree to that.

BUT...like I've stated here many times...I put 5k pretty tough miles on mine, and while I had to bend some of it back from time to time.  I never had an issue with the front end...but I never hit anything with it either.

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

You're right, I said I think that's the better way. That's just my opinion though.  I also followed that by saying it needs to be stronger.  I like the idea, but it shouldn't bend in soft crashes. 

Well, we all have to make trade-offs that work for us on the strengths and weaknesses in our sled of choice.  

I've said it before but, if you want the best performing, most reliable sled out of the box, it's DOO...bar none.  :bc:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not wringing  my hands but there are a lot  of cases where guys bend them fairly easily.

There are but, like anything with sled "problems" there always seems to be a bit more to the story on exactly how that sled "totalled itself".

I'd buy another and wouldn't concern myself too much about it.  Mine held up fine with no bracing.  But I do try to avoid hitting immovable objects directly.  I have been known to land on them though!  :lol: Landed on something on the other side of a driveway with my doo and it turned my drive shaft into a  U and crushed my tunnel up into the brake and broke it off!!  That was a weird ride home.  But the vibrations kinda gave me wood!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think I’ll just ride it as is...fuck it.😊

Yeah..that's the spirit!  Don't blame me when you twist it up hitting a frozen carbide mark the wrong way though.  Or, loading it into a trailer, or, riding over a frozen beer can, or.......

:lol: 

It'll be fine dude!!!! 

psst...but still, AC RULES!!!   :lmao:

• Haha 1

I'm just about to replace both arms on the z1 tank. Will take and hour and $150. 

The skidoo would have been 4-6 hours and $500 on up to totaled sled cost.

The skidoo design is a joke....no other way around it

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Doorider said:

I said earlier, I think they should be stronger.  Here's how I rebuilt mine. 

20170504_200815.jpg

I'm not saying you did this here but you always have to be careful when adding bracing.   YOu can just chase the issues to a more expensive failure.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not saying you did this here but you always have to be careful when adding bracing.   YOu can just chase the issues to a more expensive failure.  

I know, it's a fine line.  This will help with minor hits, but a big hit it's just going to transfer to the E module.