Doo S and E Modules...SMH

• Platinum Contributing Member

No issues with mine as I haven't ridden it but WTF were those Frogs thinking when they designed this tinfoil bullshit? I was just doing some reading at Dootalk about guys replacing them on their sleds....PITA. I also love that if you use the GNR Brace Kit it will more than likely save your S Module but just transfer the damage to the E Module....SMH. 😂😂🤑🤑

Everyone is turning into a pussy, and want light sleds. This is what we end up with. In my opinion, 50 extra pounds on a trail sled makes zero difference about a purchasing decision to me.  Reliability is my number one priority. If that means I don,t have lowest weight in class bragging rights, so be it.

Agree with it or not, it's about a designed weak point.  If you hit something, something has to give.  I think the idea is the module being the weak point is better than snapping off an A arm and leaving you stranded, or doing damage to the chassis.  Should it be stronger, yes. Do I agree if you are going to break something, it's better to still have a sled that's driveable, yes.  I've replaced them and it is a pain and expensive. I still think it's better than breaking off the A arm or tweaking the chassis.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No issues with mine as I haven't ridden it but WTF were those Frogs thinking when they designed this tinfoil bullshit? I was just doing some reading at Dootalk about guys replacing them on their sleds....PITA. I also love that if you use the GNR Brace Kit it will more than likely save your S Module but just transfer the damage to the E Module....SMH. 😂😂🤑🤑

Don’t hit shit and you’ll be fine.

34 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Everyone is turning into a pussy, and want light sleds. This is what we end up with. In my opinion, 50 extra pounds on a trail sled makes zero difference about a purchasing decision to me.  Reliability is my number one priority. If that means I don,t have lowest weight in class bragging rights, so be it.

You don't need 50 lbs on the rear end to massively increase strength.   10-20 lbs would increase it tremendously.  

40 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Agree with it or not, it's about a designed weak point.  If you hit something, something has to give.  I think the idea is the module being the weak point is better than snapping off an A arm and leaving you stranded, or doing damage to the chassis.  Should it be stronger, yes. Do I agree if you are going to break something, it's better to still have a sled that's driveable, yes.  I've replaced them and it is a pain and expensive. I still think it's better than breaking off the A arm or tweaking the chassis.

Replacing an A Arm is a fuck load easier than replacing modules.

Just now, Anler said:

Polaris axys is pretty tough. You should see the thickness of the aluminum on the running boards. No braces needed anywhere. Engines could be another story... 

All the Cats I’ve owned have been stout as well. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

All the Cats I’ve owned have been stout as well. 

I would agree with that tho I have never owned a cat. But they seem to be pretty durable outside of Ben riding them...

• Haha 1

Just now, Anler said:

I would agree with that tho I have never owned a cat. But they seem to be pretty durable outside of Ben riding them...

That guy could break an Abrams Tank just taking his kid for a ride in it.🤣

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Not sure this makes much sense at all.  Once those modules get crunched, sled is pretty much toast.  Maybe minor accidents?

I’ll take a sled that takes the “crumple” in the A-arms all day long.  Cheap and easy fix.  Fucking modules and bulkheads?  Not so much.  I saw pics of the Axys that took a hit to the a-arms that literally ripped them right out of the bulkhead.  And that glued up shit makes a Doo module look like kids play.  Poor designs for those that are tough on sleds, IMO.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Replacing an A Arm is a fuck load easier than replacing modules.

Totally agree, but you can't ride a sled a sled with one ski. You can ride with toasted module. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's probably the idea. Yes you're sled is fucked up and will be expensive to fix, but it won't leave you stranded.  

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure this makes much sense at all.  Once those modules get crunched, sled is pretty much toast.  Maybe minor accidents?

I’ll take a sled that takes the “crumple” in the A-arms all day long.  Cheap and easy fix.  Fucking modules and bulkheads?  Not so much.  I saw pics of the Axys that took a hit to the a-arms that literally ripped them right out of the bulkhead.  And that glued up shit makes a Doo module look like kids play.  Poor designs for those that are tough on sleds, IMO.

That is what I just said and it didn’t take me a shorty story to do it!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

Totally agree, but you can't ride a sled a sled with one ski. You can ride with toasted module. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's probably the idea. Yes you're sled is fucked up and will be expensive to fix, but it won't leave you stranded.  

I agree sir.👍🏿

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

Smh.  I’ve never heard of anybody crumpling their modules and riding anywhere.  The point of impact is usually the ski or a-arm.

3 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Only the E & S module, A-arm and side panel need replaced. Everything else was perfect.

So, normal accident damage for a doo then.  Rider hits something with ski and a-arm and it takes out the whole front end.  Don’t get me wrong, I put 5k high mileage on my Doo and would go back to them but, their consumer chassis is pretty weak.  Poos is the same.  But the benefit is lightness.  My cats are considerable heavier.  But, stronger.  Pick your poison.

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Quick question...does the XRS come with factory bracing or stronger front end?

theres a bit more bracing in them but not much.  i put the belly brace on my XRS but nothing else,  same with this freeride.  full kit on the 12 freeride and nothing on the 09 renegade.  Only thing thats required protection for me is a skid plat as i've cleaned off an exchanger.  TBH not sure why your wringing hands over it.  they get tweaked they are still rideable then the insurance company writes it off when you claim it,  perfect way to end the season.  i prob take mine worse places than you ever will on that shorty

Edited by Angry ginger

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

So, normal accident damage for a doo then.  Rider hits something with ski and a-arm and it takes out the whole front end.  Don’t get me wrong, I put 5k high mileage on my Doo and would go back to them but, their consumer chassis is pretty weak.  Poos is the same.  But the benefit is lightness.  My cats are considerable heavier.  But, stronger.  Pick your poison.

Right, but the difference is he was able to drive it home.  If that module doesn't bend, you break off an A arm and your stuck. Things either bend or break in a wreck, the question is which is better.  Doo went with bend and drive home instead of break and walk, but at a cost of more expense.

2 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Right, but the difference is he was able to drive it home.  If that module doesn't bend, you break off an A arm and your stuck. Things either bend or break in a wreck, the question is which is better.  Doo went with bend and drive home instead of break and walk, but at a cost of more expense.

I get it...you love your sled.  I'm glad.  We need more of that here.  :bc: